Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
After registering for the No Fly Zone (standing half mile event) yesterday I figured it was as good a time as any to knock out a few odds and ends in preparation for that.

Found out about the Lift Pad Pros here and figured they were mandatory considering that (1) there's no such front jack pad, (2) the front is pre-threaded for one anyway and (3) the factory rear jack pad is complete garbage.

IMG_3771 - Copy.jpg

IMG_3772 - Copy.jpg

I also needed a tow hook to pass tech so I finally got around to installing the ZL1 addons piece that I bought a while back.

https://zl1addons.com/collections/c...cts/challenger-15-21-premium-stealth-tow-hook

I initially was going to install it from underneath but I didn't have a right angle drill handy, and after watching this video realized that removing the front fascia is pretty easy and straightforward:

I managed to snap off one of the four pins (they're not fasteners/Christmas trees as they don't provide any tension to the mounting hole) on the fascia which was easily fixed with the Loc-Tite plastic-specific super glue I picked up from Ace the other day. I figured I'd grab that instead of stealing my wife's baking soda as a catalyst and it worked great. Apply the activator to both surfaces, wait a minute, apply the glue to one surface and hold in place for 30 seconds. Done; good as new and no issues reinstalling a few minutes later.

I guess the grille on the Chargers is large enough to accommodate the shaft of the tow hook (phrasing!) but no such luck on the Challenger. I had to remove a very small portion of it which was easy with a pair of side cutters. Happy with the finally result:

IMG_3774 - Copy.jpg

I wanted an offset and not centered mounting position. The picture makes it look a little goofy but it's offset as much as possible and is right next to the brake cooling duct.

Just a few more easy things to knock out before the run, oil/filter change, air filter clean/re-oil and swap out the drag radials for the stock wheels (less weight/rolling resistance). That and a (Snell approved) helmet for my $5 head and I'll be good to go!

Last edited:

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Gave the car a quick wash before an American show, its about an hour away so had to get up a early. It's quite a good one as you can just turn up and they let you in anytime with driver for free which I think it encourages turn out.

Bit of interest in the car and managed to chat with a few people including a chap with a black HC Charger who bought from the same place as me.

IMG_0551.jpeg

Looking at the photo I must try and get the stickers off the sun visors. I think the Canadian ones are stuck over the top of the US ones, perhaps peel the first and see what I've got and resort to exact cut black vinyl over that. I think I might get some smoke film for over the side markers too.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Dang that is so cool, it must really stick out over there!

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Dang that is so cool, it must really stick out over there!
Yes, people often wave and take photos. I think the black/stripe combo and definitely the WB makes it stand out more.

I live near RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath which are USAF bases and even though there are probably 10K airmen plus families in the area you don't see Challengers or Chargers all the time.

My TRX also attracts attention from USAF as depending on where they've been based they haven't seen one until mine. UK people don't always realise what it is but the size often makes them look.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
This is more of a what didn't I do to my Hellcat today.

The good: Got the license plate and registration in the mail.

The not so good: Also got a letter from Stellantis Financial Services saying that "...we can not extend credit to you at this time." That letter is dated 9-11, so it took its sweet time to reach me, but I picked the car up on 8-16 and have been paying Chrysler Capital.

Does anybody care to guess what the hell is going on here?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

The not so good: Also got a letter from Stellantis Financial Services saying that "...we can not extend credit to you at this time." That letter is dated 9-11, so it took its sweet time to reach me, but I picked the car up on 8-16 and have been paying Chrysler Capital.

I assume you've been paying to a specific account, but by what means, check? Have the check(s) cleared?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

You weren't approved before you left the dealer?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Alright, best I can tell I panicked for no reason. The finance guy must've contacted Stellantis Financial ahead of time, and apparently I got denied. A lady there told me that they send out these notices about a month after the fact.

So it went through Chrysler Capital in normal fashion. Only odd thing there was that instead of the 6-something percent interest (as shown on the incentives) I somehow ended up with 10.6%. Oh well, as usual they weren't too proud to cash the check I sent as soon as getting the paperwork from them.

After that I paid small amounts through their website twice, but still owe them almost $3K. And I know better than to pay it down too much. One time they decided to forgive the $363 I still owed. Smart move on their part as they figured they could then retrieve several thousands from the dealer. That took some six months to straighten out.

Anyway, it all looks good and the dealer won't have to send Stellantis Finance any money. Phew.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Alright, best I can tell I panicked for no reason. The finance guy must've contacted Stellantis Financial ahead of time, and apparently I got denied. A lady there told me that they send out these notices about a month after the fact.

So it went through Chrysler Capital in normal fashion. Only odd thing there was that instead of the 6-something percent interest (as shown on the incentives) I somehow ended up with 10.6%. Oh well, as usual they weren't too proud to cash the check I sent as soon as getting the paperwork from them.

After that I paid small amounts through their website twice, but still owe them almost $3K. And I know better than to pay it down too much. One time they decided to forgive the $363 I still owed. Smart move on their part as they figured they could then retrieve several thousands from the dealer. That took some six months to straighten out.

Anyway, it all looks good and the dealer won't have to send Stellantis Finance any money. Phew.
Crazy. So Dodge is using 2 different in-house financial services?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Apparently so, yes. I had never heard of Stellantis Financial Services until today, but if memory serves me they've been in business since '13.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Apparently so, yes. I had never heard of Stellantis Financial Services until today, but if memory serves me they've been in business since '13.
Crazy. We used Chrysler for a lease and 0% on the Scat Pack. Stellantis was never mentioned at anytime to us.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I had to Google it and see if it was all legit. Which it seems to be. But they're sure keeping a low profile.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I had to Google it and see if it was all legit. Which it seems to be. But they're sure keeping a low profile.
Makes you wonder.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Postie arrived with some 3M knifeless tape so just quickly tried a small section on the engine turned plastic dash piece. Never wrapped anything but seems like it'll work although I'm far from confident about doing the top bit of the binnacle above the speedo. I've got 3M gloss black, the yellow is just a sample bit from my TRX. Will have to find some reading glasses before I tackle it for real :geek:

IMG_0571.jpeg

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I remounted my MT ET Street R’s on new wheels. I cleaned the wheel bead area with laquer thinner, the dealer said they would clean the bead prior to mounting. When I picked them up 2 weeks ago I could see sealer on the bead, I did not expect that, he said It'd help them stick.

Well, after 3 runs last night, one slipped about 45deg, the other almost 90.

A lot of you guys are very experienced with this, what is the proper way to mount a DR?

Attachments

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Postie arrived with some 3M knifeless tape so just quickly tried a small section on the engine turned plastic dash piece. Never wrapped anything but seems like it'll work although I'm far from confident about doing the top bit of the binnacle above the speedo. I've got 3M gloss black, the yellow is just a sample bit from my TRX. Will have to find some reading glasses before I tackle it for real :geek:

View attachment 116717
Looks great.

A heat gun is your friend.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I just don't think there is any way to avoid the tires slipping on the wheel. Well Weld beadlocks, but they sure are $$$

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I remounted my MT ET Street R’s on new wheels. I cleaned the wheel bead area with laquer thinner, the dealer said they would clean the bead prior to mounting. When I picked them up 2 weeks ago I could see sealer on the bead, I did not expect that, he said It'd help them stick.

Well, after 3 runs last night, one slipped about 45deg, the other almost 90.

A lot of you guys are very experienced with this, what is the proper way to mount a DR?
Some have used balancing beads with success or go with beadlocks.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Well that was a pointy pebble jammed deep into the tread on my rear tire. Took it to the tire place just in case, there was no leak but they checked the tire to be sure. Had to re-mount it and they did not have black wheel weights. I’m crying a little on the inside :(

Attachments

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well that was a pointy pebble jammed deep into the tread on my rear tire. Took it to the tire place just in case, there was no leak but they checked the tire to be sure. Had to re-mount it and they did not have black wheel weights. I’m crying a little on the inside :(

Testor's model paint maybe?