Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hell, you could get a long way with a Sharpie too!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Testor's model paint maybe?

May try that today! Will be hard to not try using the Sharpie first, can't get easier than that ;)

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I’ve used permanent marker with some success. Wont last as long as paint but its a quick fix. 👍

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Hell, you could get a long way with a Sharpie too!
That is what I do

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well that was a pointy pebble jammed deep into the tread on my rear tire.
See what happens when you talk bad about Jeep XJs.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Well that was a pointy pebble jammed deep into the tread on my rear tire. Took it to the tire place just in case, there was no leak but they checked the tire to be sure. Had to re-mount it and they did not have black wheel weights. I’m crying a little on the inside :(
Did they remove the pebble?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Did they remove the pebble?
Yes, they have several picks and pliers for the job and I didn’t have the guts to mess with it at home with the chance of it going flat .

So…check out what a black sharpie and 60 seconds did for me! Thanks for the suggestion on that one guys!

Attachments

TorRedHellgato

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Havent done anything with the Hellcat and probably wont move it for a while. Had my surgery on Sept 27th. Unfortunately the odds were not in my favor and I have to wear a bag for roughly 3 months while my insides heal, then the Surgeon on around the week of Dec 20th, will do the reversal surgery. Mentally getting used to this bag is the hardest part even though its only temporary. I am not going to lie, in the hospital I cried when I woke up from surgery and had the bag attached to me. I then proceeded to spend a week in the hospital. I was nauseous and threw up after surgery so I went 3 days of just IV's, 2 of liquids, and last 2 days of the hospital visit I was able to have solid food but the hospital food is so bad all I ate were the Jello's, Banana's and Cereal. Right before walking into the operating room, they weighed me and I was at 177. I left the hospital at 168 pds.

Hopefully day by day I get more and more used to this bag and then before I know it, I will have my reversal surgery and then be on some sort of biologic medicine for the crohns.

Needless to say with the winter on the way, the Hellcat wont see the road until probably March!

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Sucks brother, hang in there.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Shitty, rainy day in NY so instead of vegging the entire day watching Mecum Indy Fall ‘23 I got motivated and put a quick coat of Chemical Guys Ceramic Quick Detailer on the car. Back to the auction now, with a beer, waiting for my home made pizza to finish. Have a great long weekend guys.
IMG_7957.jpeg IMG_7958.jpeg

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Shitty, rainy day in NY so instead of vegging the entire day watching Mecum Indy Fall ‘23 I got motivated and put a quick coat of Chemical Guys Ceramic Quick Detailer on the car. Back to the auction now, with a beer, waiting for my home made pizza to finish. Have a great long weekend guys.
View attachment 117531 View attachment 117532
Is that stuff really a lot better than the regular polymer wax? Worth the $? What differences do you notice? (Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm cheap!) :)

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
My car is a summer only, nice weather driver so I don’t use it as much for rain as I do for bugs and bird shit. I use their Ceramic Coating Hyper Wax in the spring, and this spray stuff once or twice a year. Works good for me as it’s quicker than a conventional wax, synthetic or carnauba. I never buy it at my local auto parts store as the prices are crazy, usually but “packages” on ebay that bring the prices down substantially.
IMG_7960.png

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Standing 1/2-mile is in 2-weeks:

https://www.omegamotorsport.com/copy-of-noflyzone-arizona

...and it was due for some maintenance/prep so the OCC got emptied (less than a tablespoon MAX in 6-months/1K-ish miles), oil and oil filter changed and the air filter was cleaned and re-oiled.

Only thing left to do is swap out my street drag radials for the stock wheels/tires (per @BULL's recommendation) to reduce rotating weight, and tape up the front end since @firedude said you can get peppered pretty good.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Standing 1/2-mile is in 2-weeks:

https://www.omegamotorsport.com/copy-of-noflyzone-arizona

...and it was due for some maintenance/prep so the OCC got emptied (less than a tablespoon MAX in 6-months/1K-ish miles), oil and oil filter changed and the air filter was cleaned and re-oiled.

Only thing left to do is swap out my street drag radials for the stock wheels/tires (per @BULL's recommendation) to reduce rotating weight, and tape up the front end since @firedude said you can get peppered pretty good.
Just a thought. Maybe ship the DR's to a local shop near the site so you can try both. What's it gonna cost, maybe an extra $200 in shipping?

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Just a thought. Maybe ship the DR's to a local shop near the site so you can try both. What's it gonna cost, maybe an extra $200 in shipping?
I could bring them with me and have a couple of local friends coming as spectators too that could help...

I figured I could run this one with the stockers and maybe the next one in March/April with the DRs; it's gonna be hot AF and by the time I'd get them swapped out the benefit would likely be trashed by horrible DA. I'm hearing to get started running as soon as possible as the temps are gonna ramp up quickly. For reference's sake it's 102 here today...!

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Nothing 😞

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I could bring them with me and have a couple of local friends coming as spectators too that could help...

I figured I could run this one with the stockers and maybe the next one in March/April with the DRs; it's gonna be hot AF and by the time I'd get them swapped out the benefit would likely be trashed by horrible DA. I'm hearing to get started running as soon as possible as the temps are gonna ramp up quickly. For reference's sake it's 102 here today...!
Yeah, that's the big problem. Even with multi-day events, conditions change so you never really know if anything you do really helps.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Postie arrived with some 3M knifeless tape so just quickly tried a small section on the engine turned plastic dash piece. Never wrapped anything but seems like it'll work although I'm far from confident about doing the top bit of the binnacle above the speedo. I've got 3M gloss black, the yellow is just a sample bit from my TRX. Will have to find some reading glasses before I tackle it for real :geek:

View attachment 116717
The knife less tape sucks could never get it to work

Member ID
Reactions
City
Ft. Lauderdale
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
20xx Charger HC
Hmmm, What did I do to the HC today. That's right I bought one.. 23 Plum Crazy Charger JB..

HC1.jpg

hc2.jpg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions