Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
A friend of mine whose family is in the insurance business recently posted this:

The property and casualty insurance industry is going through an inflationary fueled crisis..
I hope you’ll find the info below super useful. It’s a peek into the world of insurance right now, and it’s a big deal regardless of which carrier you’re with.
Hold on tight, because the insurance landscape is going through some rapid changes.
Especially home and auto insurance – no matter where you are, states like California, Florida, Louisiana, and Texas are in the spotlight. Carriers are hitting the brakes on new policies nationwide, and some are even waving goodbye or joining forces with others. They’re trying to navigate an inflationary market, and it’s not easy.
I’m talking daily updates about pausing new business, putting the brakes on writing policies, and new application holds. Some carriers are asking for the full premium upfront or a 20 to 30-day waiting period. There are tweaks to underwriting guidelines too, like wanting preferred business, home and auto bundles, and more. Some carriers won’t reinstate coverage if it lapses, no matter the reason.
So here’s the deal: Brace yourselves because this disruption in the market? It’s coming for you, if it hasn’t already. I’ve personally seen premiums skyrocket, doubling or tripling in a year.
Why? Claims costs have gone through the roof in the past 2 years, making carriers raise premiums or pull out of markets. Some states can’t even get rate increases approved, so they’re hitting pause on new business altogether.
Have auto or home insurance? Well, your rates are going up – if they haven’t already. It’s not personal, it’s business. If you haven’t seen a rate hike, don’t get too comfy. They might show up at your next renewal.
Home rebuild costs are soaring due to materials and labor hikes. Everything’s more expensive, and carriers can’t cover these costs without charging more.
Car repairs? They’ve spiked due to auto parts and labor costs, plus new technology features. That side mirror? Used to be $500 – now it’s triple that!
Medical costs keep climbing, and auto accident injuries are on a crazy rise.
Lawsuits are costly, and settlements are climbing like never before.
Auto accidents are through the roof post-COVID, along with an increase in fatalities.
Considering Solar? ASK you insurance agent first. You may end up shopping because the acceptance is limited at this time.
Reinsurance is at or near capacity in many markets, with unsustainable rising rates.
This is a huge deal for the property & casualty industry, and we’re looking at pricing changes until at least 2024. It’s not forever, but it’s here now.
Here’s how to navigate this tricky market:
Bump up your deductibles for some savings.
Check out safe driving programs for discounts.
Dig into discounts – make sure you’re getting all you’re entitled to.
Keep your policy rock-solid – no cancellations!
Stick with your insurer for smoother sailing.
Follow the rules – no tickets means lower rates.
Handle small claims yourself, save coverage for the big ones.
Trust experienced independent insurance agents that represent multiple carriers to guide you through this market.
Remember, we’re in this together. We’re here to help educate, find you the best coverage, and support you through changes.
Phew! That’s a lot, but it’s crucial info. Let’s be kind to all insurance agents – they’re navigating this too and it's not fun.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
A friend of mine whose family is in the insurance business recently posted this:

The property and casualty insurance industry is going through an inflationary fueled crisis..
I hope you’ll find the info below super useful. It’s a peek into the world of insurance right now, and it’s a big deal regardless of which carrier you’re with.
Hold on tight, because the insurance landscape is going through some rapid changes.
Especially home and auto insurance – no matter where you are, states like California, Florida, Louisiana, and Texas are in the spotlight. Carriers are hitting the brakes on new policies nationwide, and some are even waving goodbye or joining forces with others. They’re trying to navigate an inflationary market, and it’s not easy.
I’m talking daily updates about pausing new business, putting the brakes on writing policies, and new application holds. Some carriers are asking for the full premium upfront or a 20 to 30-day waiting period. There are tweaks to underwriting guidelines too, like wanting preferred business, home and auto bundles, and more. Some carriers won’t reinstate coverage if it lapses, no matter the reason.
So here’s the deal: Brace yourselves because this disruption in the market? It’s coming for you, if it hasn’t already. I’ve personally seen premiums skyrocket, doubling or tripling in a year.
Why? Claims costs have gone through the roof in the past 2 years, making carriers raise premiums or pull out of markets. Some states can’t even get rate increases approved, so they’re hitting pause on new business altogether.
Have auto or home insurance? Well, your rates are going up – if they haven’t already. It’s not personal, it’s business. If you haven’t seen a rate hike, don’t get too comfy. They might show up at your next renewal.
Home rebuild costs are soaring due to materials and labor hikes. Everything’s more expensive, and carriers can’t cover these costs without charging more.
Car repairs? They’ve spiked due to auto parts and labor costs, plus new technology features. That side mirror? Used to be $500 – now it’s triple that!
Auto accidents are through the roof post-COVID, along with an increase in fatalities.
Considering Solar? ASK you insurance agent first. You may end up shopping because the acceptance is limited at this time.
Reinsurance is at or near capacity in many markets, with unsustainable rising rates.
This is a huge deal for the property & casualty industry, and we’re looking at pricing changes until at least 2024. It’s not forever, but it’s here now.
Trust experienced independent insurance agents that represent multiple carriers to guide you through this market.
Remember, we’re in this together. We’re here to help educate, find you the best coverage, and support you through changes.
Phew! That’s a lot, but it’s crucial info. Let’s be kind to all insurance agents – they’re navigating this too and it's not fun.
Many of us have paid insurance and even with some claims are out more money that what we have been given back. All this is going to lead to is more people driving around without it. I still see cars without plates on them and driving around with expired tags is hard to see from a distance.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Insurance companies are not in the charity business. They are in it for the money. Now they want even more money.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
No Fly Zone announced yesterday that registration for the October 21st event will start on the 16th:

https://www.omegamotorsport.com/copy-of-noflyzone-arizona

So in the interest of doing, well anything really, to my car I finally installed the ZL1 Add Ons 3mm wheel spacers. In the process of doing that I did/discovered several things...

Discount Tire managed to chip/damaged both of my front calipers and took bits of the powdercoating off. I understand that's not completely unusual, but it chapped my azz nonetheless...

Since I got my street drag radials installed I had noticed a definite audible rubbing sound which I was pretty certain was what it ended up being; a corner edge of the right inner fender liner was being brushed by the tire. Not a big deal but definitely a lil janky/low budget; I didn't take it for a test ride afterwards but I'm pretty sure the spacers fixed that.

I still have their/ZL1 Add Ons front tow hook to install which is mandatory to pass tech inspection so I gotta get that on too. Besides that an oil/filter change and an air filter cleaning and I'll be ready to run...

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
RE threw a P0300 code, misfire, steady CLE, seems to run fine. Dealer said drive it easy and let it try to work itself out. If CLE starts flashing, bring it in.

Anyone else have this?

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2

Lightening hit maybe 1/4mi away couple weeks ago, took out my computer. Computer guy couldn't save it but said "I can give you an estimate for an insurance claim". I said, no thanks, I'll eat it.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
I went to a car show last weekend, just as a visitor as it was a distance away and I didn't want to commit to an early start. It was a good show and will probably book next year as an exhibit. Anyway, when we got there my friend noticed that one of the rear wheels seemed warm, it was hot but not overly so and the rotor didn't show any blueness so I didn't think too much of it.

Forward wind to Wednesday when I had the first Government inspection (MOT), you don't need one for 3 years and then annually there after. It passed without problem but the guy doing it reported that my rear brake was ever so slightly binding (they test them on a rolling road) and that the entire underneath was totally covered in spider webs o_O

Yesterday I got the wheel off, the pads moved OK and there didn't seem to be a problem but I gave it a good blast with brake cleaner. Went for a run out and wheel same temperature if not a tad cooler than the other side so will keep my eye on it.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I went to a car show last weekend, just as a visitor as it was a distance away and I didn't want to commit to an early start. It was a good show and will probably book next year as an exhibit. Anyway, when we got there my friend noticed that one of the rear wheels seemed warm, it was hot but not overly so and the rotor didn't show any blueness so I didn't think too much of it.

Forward wind to Wednesday when I had the first Government inspection (MOT), you don't need one for 3 years and then annually there after. It passed without problem but the guy doing it reported that my rear brake was ever so slightly binding (they test them on a rolling road) and that the entire underneath was totally covered in spider webs o_O

Yesterday I got the wheel off, the pads moved OK and there didn't seem to be a problem but I gave it a good blast with brake cleaner. Went for a run out and wheel same temperature if not a tad cooler than the other side so will keep my eye on it.
Do you have an IR temp reader?

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Do you have an IR temp reader?
I used to have one but it stopped working, think I’ll get another as they are handy.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!

Brembos are notorious for sticking. Water can enter, around the pistons and cause corrosion. There are rebuild kits available (new seals, etc.).

It got so bad, Rockauto started stocking rebuilt units, for exchange. This is in the Gen1 and 2 LX platform, but I think it is the same 4 pot rear caliper.

Actually, there is a recall on my wife's motorcycle, for sticking Brembo calipers. They will replace, for free. Have to go get that done. Haven't had any issues, but I know we will.

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
This 185 tstat just quit on me yesterday, only lasted about 6 months. Luckily it happened on our way home from youth football practice yesterday, short trip relatively and winding back home through the neighborhood I could hear my high-speed fans running, look at temp needle way up, toggle into info and see coolant at 233. Shut her down in garage and swapped the stock 203 back in this morning and all seems to be good again. Since we’re past the summer heat I will probably just leave it in until next spring.

Attachments

Last edited:

roh92cp

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort Kent
State
ME
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Bought Deamon injectors and Hellraier 2.85" pulley for 800 WHP build up.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
This 185 tstat just quit on me yesterday, only lasted about 6 months. Luckily it happened on our way home from youth football practice yesterday, short trip relatively and winding back home through the neighborhood I could hear my high-speed fans running, look at temp needle way up, toggle into info and see coolant at 233. Shut her down in garage and swapped the stock 203 back in this morning and all seems to be good again. Since we’re past the summer heat I will probably just leave it in until next spring.
I think I put the one you sent to me in my Challenger last year. One year and counting.

Had that thing out this morning. My most aggressive race tune remains in it. It is running very nice. Good thing the tune is optimized because of the potential for throttle response that produces stupid wheel spin. It makes driving on the street fun because it is smooth but not too responsive. The exhaust also sounds great. I have the cat pipes on it. Dropped it into Track Mode. Damn is it running good! Check out these stats…
IMG_7379.jpeg IMG_7381.jpeg

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I think I put the one you sent to me in my Challenger last year. One year and counting.

Had that thing out this morning. My most aggressive race tune remains in it. It is running very nice. Good thing the tune is optimized because of the potential for throttle response that produces stupid wheel spin. It makes driving on the street fun because it is smooth but not too responsive. The exhaust also sounds great. I have the cat pipes on it. Dropped it into Track Mode. Damn is it running good! Check out these stats…
View attachment 115707 View attachment 115708
Nice!!! Car looks optimal, I'm sure those were satisfying miles! Is that mountain air it's breathing now?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Nice!!! Car looks optimal, I'm sure those were satisfying miles! Is that mountain air it's breathing now?
No, early fall air in MN. A Ford and a Chevy got to watch it for a few seconds. That I-35 big left sweeper at Crosstown northbound, hanging in the left commuter lane? Got a surprise new set of rear PS4S 345/30’s a couple of weeks ago, I use big Cup 2’s on front. Priceless.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Today is our city’s rolling car show! Cleaned her up this morning for the day. Won’t do the static show but will roll with the glow for a while and then sit and watch the burn outs (maybe do one or two) and see who gets tickets this year?! Mayor said tickets this year but we’ll see, they might pop a few but no way they can get them all!! Goes gif over four miles both ways, four lane road, burn outs being done over the entire length! We only have so many Leo’s

TorRedHellgato

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Have no desire to take the Hellcat out so its sitting in the garage.

Been dealing with an abscess on my lower intestine and a crohns flare that has finally forced me to get resectioning surgery on my lower intestine that is scheduled for the 27th. I dont wish this pain on my worst enemy. Thankfully with IV antibiotics and pills, my inflammation #'s have gone down tremdously and the pain is low but at the height, my goodness it is crippling.

Shame because my last flare (all my flares have been in the same spot thankfully) was in 2018. Within the last month and a half, it has reared its ugly head with a vengeance.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Have no desire to take the Hellcat out so its sitting in the garage.

Been dealing with an abscess on my lower intestine and a crohns flare that has finally forced me to get resectioning surgery on my lower intestine that is scheduled for the 27th. I dont wish this pain on my worst enemy. Thankfully with IV antibiotics and pills, my inflammation #'s have gone down tremdously and the pain is low but at the height, my goodness it is crippling.

Shame because my last flare (all my flares have been in the same spot thankfully) was in 2018. Within the last month and a half, it has reared its ugly head with a vengeance.
I know exactly what you are going through brother - wishing your upcoming procedure fixes you all up!!

TorRedHellgato

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I know exactly what you are going through brother - wishing your upcoming procedure fixes you all up!!
Thank you! I hope this along with getting on some biologic will help me out.

I have one last hurdle to clear and I wont find out till after surgery. I may or may not need a bag temporarily (2 to 3 months). The surgeon said theres always a chance for it and if any surgeon tells you that 100 percent that you will not have a bag, they are lying to you.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country