Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

TIME SLIP CHASER ,SMACK TALKING ,THREAD HIJACKING,HP TUNER , HELLNO THATS ME

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #421
how was the dual pump install?
it went very well I actually logged it to day and fuel pressure stays at 83-84 constantly at wide open throttle ,of course I removed the jms but I talked to the jms people and they said I could have left it hooked up to one of the fpcm to work one of the two pumps but curt said he thought it was over kill ,if I don't sell it i may consider reinstalling it is a nice set up or get a dual jms system ,im waiting on curt now to start the e85 tuning

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #422
started the flex fuel tuning today also installed the FIC 1200 cc injectors with the plug and play connectors ,I had race fuel in the car say about 3 or 4 gallons and he alcohol % started at 40 %( I can only think the high octane may have caused the reading ) and then added 12 gallons of 93 and it dropped to 33% I am trying to get it to 93 octane so I drove it around and then added another 4.5 gallons of 89 and the alcohol % dropped to 27 % the af gauge started at like 11.0 and by the time I got home it was around 12.5 af I'm going for 93 octane I figure right now im at around 95 97 in the logs you can actually see the timing changing,, example: at say 20% throttle higher alcohol content will have higher timing and vice versa ,I was looking at the tables and with the e85 there is quite a bit of timing added ,so I can understand where the power comes from ,we decided that the 3.10 will be our flex fuel set up and that I will have another tune for e85 race fuel for the 2.65 to get the max power output BUT I AM CURIOUS HOW THE 3.10 WILL PERFORM WITH E 85 AS WELL ,ill test both at track and see

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Good info

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
how was the dual pump install?
I installed the dual pump system last year and it was pretty easy . The instructions are fantastic. Very detailed .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Cool. What fuel pressure do you see? Looking at a recent RE log they're seeing over 100psi at WOT.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Cool. What fuel pressure do you see? Looking at a recent RE log they're seeing over 100psi at WOT.
Ther factory hellcat is set to about 80psi ( I forget the exact number ) so on my car I see a constant 80psi at WOT . The redeye and demon are set to about 105 psi at WOT . On a side note people should take that into consideration when putting demon injectors on a hellcat . The demon runs higher fuel pressure so it makes the injectors "seem" larger . So the same injector will not be the same rating on a hellcat with 80psi.

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #427
mine at wot is 80-84 psi with the new dual pump install but it matches desired of 80 and my fuel pump command percentages are anywhere between 70-74%

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #428
Adjustable tba idler pulley came in today it’s purdy
7A7707A6-96F5-4776-B426-491940ACE300.jpeg 7A7707A6-96F5-4776-B426-491940ACE300.jpeg 6F432C72-D355-4535-A43C-CD9770B0D17B.jpeg B2A88A57-0803-4555-A6B2-06817685B39A.jpeg

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #429
Ther factory hellcat is set to about 80psi ( I forget the exact number ) so on my car I see a constant 80psi at WOT . The redeye and demon are set to about 105 psi at WOT . On a side note people should take that into consideration when putting demon injectors on a hellcat . The demon runs higher fuel pressure so it makes the injectors "seem" larger . So the same injector will not be the same rating on a hellcat with 80psi.

we saw how my demon injectors performed better with 90 psi

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
we saw how my demon injectors performed better with 90 psi
So imagine at 105 psi!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
What's interesting is that looking at the RE fuel pressure in the factory RE tune it looks they changed how it's commanded. In the Hellcat tune it's kpa based pressure against aircharge with a max of 550kpa. WOT setting is also 550kpa.

In the RE tune it's fuel flow based in lb/hr against kpa with a max of 700kpa. However WOT is still 550kpa.

I was curious if the dual pump setups were giving you more pressure, sounds like no but allows fuel pressure to be maintained at higher fuel flow to the injector.

I pulled some logs the other day in cool air with the new screamer installed to cross check things. Got my tune dialed in so it's good for both summer and winter fuels and added a tick of power enrichment in a couple spots. Now it's track time.

I may get out Saturday and play with mixing some E85 in with the 93. If I could get a mix that takes me to 95-96 octane that'd be pretty sweet.

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #432
I don't really have an answer on the redeye set up but do know my settings are 550 kpa,besides I could just go in to the tune and raise the pressure as well ,I may go ahead and get the dual output jms to go with this dual pump set up of mine, I don't know why but my car performed better with the jms I liked that extra 10psi it ran at

as for mixing the ethanol with your 93 pump ,,does it not require yours to be flex fuel for that I would think it would cause running issues possibly misfires (or did you go flex fuel ) ,I know we have seen lots of cars come in here that they had filled the tank up and the ethanol mixture was to high and caused misfire issues ,once we drained the tank and added quality gas to it all was fixed ,,,,,also not knowing the ethanol exact octane rating would make it hard to get the right octane number and it normally takes a few gallons or so to bring the octane numbers up

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You have to watch the E85/93 mix to not get the fueling out of whack. These cars are designed to run on as much as E15, but I'm betting E20 with a tune with some overhead in it will work fine. I'm curious if there's a mix that provides some nice octane boosting knock resistance without getting the fueling too far out of line.

From what I'm finding, just getting to E30 is 97-98 octane. E40 is 100 octane.

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #434
that's interesting ,I was hoping to get to test mine this weekend but we just started tuning yesterday and I sent some logs today but haven't heard back from curt yet I wanted to race it next weekend weather permitting but not sure it will happen ,I have 55 gallon drum of renegade pro e85 ready for the 2.65 pulley tune

what kind of timing are you able to run speedy ,,are you still going for pump gas only runs or have you decided to just add some race gas when you race ??
I assume your still running the 2.72

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yep, still running the 2.72. On the summer fuel I could run 12 or a bit more max timing and never got any STKR, but as the winter blend fuel came in and I was testing I saw a degree of knock in a couple spots so I backed it down a tick. I don't need to set the world on fire with 93 octane.

I will only make a shake down pass or two on pump gas, no intention of really racing on it. I've got some race gas tunes I'm anxious to try out.

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #436
Yep, still running the 2.72. On the summer fuel I could run 12 or a bit more max timing and never got any STKR, but as the winter blend fuel came in and I was testing I saw a degree of knock in a couple spots so I backed it down a tick. I don't need to set the world on fire with 93 octane.

I will only make a shake down pass or two on pump gas, no intention of really racing on it. I've got some race gas tunes I'm anxious to try out.
on the 2,85 before the ati i was able to run as high as 19.5 wot timing on race gas set at 105 octane I was running as high as 17,5 on 110 octane last thursday night at 17lbs of boost ,I cant wait to see the e85 at 19 psi

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat

Speedy
That's my job...... To set the world on fire on pump gas

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #438
Speedy
That's my job...... To set the world on fire on pump gas

you don't have much to choose from when it comes to fuels up there ,also yall have to mortgage the house for race fuel prices lol

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Keep in mind my knock sensors are set "almost" to totally stock settings. Most tuners desensitize them a bit and I'm sure if I tweaked them some the small amount of knock I saw in the logs would disappear, however when I removed a tick of timing the knock also disappeared from the logs. That leads me to believe it was true knock so I'm not much on adjusting the knock sensors.

I don't know how much power a degree of timing is worth, or if it's a linear measurement. What I found is if knock is detected the STKR jumps in pretty hard. For example, say you saw 1.5 deg STKR on a commanded 12 degrees, you end up at 10.5 on the advance. Simply removing .5 degree brought the STKR to zero and now you're at 11.5 degrees on the advance, so what I've found is your better off to not ever let knock happen to begin with because it removes timing quite aggressively. There's ways to adjust that in the tune as well, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

That's why the E85 mix idea has peaked my interest. If a gallon or two E85 mixed with 1/2 a tank of Shell 93 gives 94-95 octane and the fueling doesn't have any issues that'd be pretty cool.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
you don't have much to choose from when it comes to fuels up there ,also yall have to mortgage the house for race fuel prices lol
5 gallons of MS109 is almost $70 cheaper for him than for me🙁.
E85 is likely not a bunch less up here. Too afraid to find out. Then storing drums of fuel would be required as nowhere sells it at the pump.
These little things may have allot to do with someone's cat not being modded.