Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stinkeye Challenger build....

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Good luck Marc. Stay safe and have fun!

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #103
Ok. Where to start?!! First the good stuff...... the car went fast without any vibration. Absolutely as smooth and vibration free as possible. Considering the DSS differential conversion that includes a new drive shift and the huge Radial Pro tires... that was a big relief! So. I can check that box and move on. Due to the increase in torque and less then desirable gearing with the new rear end, we knew that it was going to be difficult to put it to the ground on that old un-prepped runway. It was. Procedure went like...... drive it slow until second, start picking up speed until it shifts to third. Give it a little more until it shifts to forth and put the peddle down. When it starts spinning..... short shift to 5th and wot. At that point it’s moving hard and when 6th is wound out to 7000..... nothing. The shift light is on and not going off because it ain’t shifting. Apparently the pcm doesn’t think you should shift into overdrive with 1000 lbs of torque. Pussy! So when I realized what wasn’t happening, I shut it off a second before the finish line and went thru off throttle at 173 mph. Tried again just make sure that wasn’t a fluke and with similar results shut it down earlier for a miserably slow 160 mph. Now it was in the afternoon and we decided to give it one last try shifting manually and log some data. I was out of ice so it was going to be a hot one. The outside air temp was 100 degrees and the DA was 3300’. So, same procedure but using the paddles and got it into 7th for a fast time of the day. 176 mph. Now for the one problem...... oil leak. Come to find out what is going on with that here on the forum today. Huge thanks to ZHC for sharing his experience with this. Apparently Thitek heads and FI Thermal Spacers are not as compatible as I thought and have issues. We understand what that problem is now and hope to have it fixed and be running for next weekend.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #104
NFZ Arizona 93136BD6-87E1-4CDB-B2F9-EA956E859C0F.jpeg

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Ok. Where to start?!! First the good stuff...... the car went fast without any vibration. Absolutely as smooth and vibration free as possible. Considering the DSS differential conversion that includes a new drive shift and the huge Radial Pro tires... that was a big relief! So. I can check that box and move on. Due to the increase in torque and less then desirable gearing with the new rear end, we knew that it was going to be difficult to put it to the ground on that old un-prepped runway. It was. Procedure went like...... drive it slow until second, start picking up speed until it shifts to third. Give it a little more until it shifts to forth and put the peddle down. When it starts spinning..... short shift to 5th and wot. At that point it’s moving hard and when 6th is wound out to 7000..... nothing. The shift light is on and not going off because it ain’t shifting. Apparently the pcm doesn’t think you should shift into overdrive with 1000 lbs of torque. Pussy! So when I realized what wasn’t happening, I shut it off a second before the finish line and went thru off throttle at 173 mph. Tried again just make sure that wasn’t a fluke and with similar results shut it down earlier for a miserably slow 160 mph. Now it was in the afternoon and we decided to give it one last try shifting manually and log some data. I was out of ice so it was going to be a hot one. The outside air temp was 100 degrees and the DA was 3300’. So, same procedure but using the paddles and got it into 7th for a fast time of the day. 176 mph. Now for the one problem...... oil leak. Come to find out what is going on with that here on the forum today. Huge thanks to ZHC for sharing his experience with this. Apparently Thitek heads and FI Thermal Spacers are not as compatible as I thought and have issues. We understand what that problem is now and hope to have it fixed and be running for next weekend.
Do you have a link to the heads , spacers oil leak issue ?

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #106
Do you have a link to the heads , spacers oil leak issue ?

There is a thread that I was involved in today. I think it is titled Whipple guys. Something like that. Anyway... the problem I am talking about really just pertains to the Thitek heads. There are “bolt holes” in those things that aren’t used. You wouldn’t think that they would be open to the crank case but they are. Why when you order a set of those for a Hellcat, they aren’t plugged I don’t know. The FI Spacers don’t address those being there, so oil leaks out from under the spacers and into the valley under the supercharger. It really just a matter of the spacers being designed for the stock heads and supercharger and Thiteks and Whipples are not that.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
There is a thread that I was involved in today. I think it is titled Whipple guys. Something like that. Anyway... the problem I am talking about really just pertains to the Thitek heads. There are “bolt holes” in those things that aren’t used. You wouldn’t think that they would be open to the crank case but they are. Why when you order a set of those for a Hellcat, they aren’t plugged I don’t know. The FI Spacers don’t address those being there, so oil leaks out from under the spacers and into the valley under the supercharger. It really just a matter of the spacers being designed for the stock heads and supercharger and Thiteks and Whipples are not that.
Thanks . I was just curious what the issue is . The thitek heads are dual drilled for all of the gen3 intakes I believe . I like to keep a head of potential future issues ...... Those thitek heads are shiny and on "my list"

Member ID
Reactions
City
BENNINGTON
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #110
Latest pics.... 90FFAD7A-636B-4610-A642-AD5B4187FFEA.jpeg

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Beeeautiful!

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #114
That's like poster quality photo material. Nice! Oh btw your missing 2 exhaust pipes. Lol
Yeah. He forgot to photoshop those back in there.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Beautiful and Puuurrrfect Looking!

Linda[burnout][burnout]

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #116
Ok Ok Ok. One more set. The pro pictures are coming in from the weekend and they’re too good not to share. From here on out we’ll keep it performance related. C9BDE660-1471-40AC-A0BA-9A2DAB151B92.jpeg 35499A6A-6D26-4195-BB97-A6F86E140B7D.jpeg 9701926D-1638-4484-826F-3BC5259D5B64.jpeg 2EAABCC5-B1DD-4F30-9E89-C40B8C4899FE.jpeg 9A5A1BB9-D159-4576-8402-3469BE163F29.jpeg

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
So Very Awesome!

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #118
Thanks Linda. Now to start the long road to performance. We’ll be on the quarter mile for the first time on Saturday and get some on track data and tuning to starting putting together the puzzle of getting it down the track. Only goal at this point is learning.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thanks Linda. Now to start the long road to performance. We’ll be on the quarter mile for the first time on Saturday and get some on track data and tuning to starting putting together the puzzle of getting it down the track. Only goal at this point is learning.
Good Luck today Marc! [cheerleader]

Looking forward to your post of results from the track!

Linda [burnout]

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #120
Well.... I kept telling myself that the first time on the track was likely to be disappointing. I figured that the trans wasn’t going to be happy. Yep! It was down right confused. The thing is perfect on the street. In fact better than ever when it comes to partial power shifting. It’s amazing. On the track under full power it was just flat stupid. Off the line she picked up the front and for a fraction of a second I thought ok.... here we go! Then it struck the tires and bounced thru second straight to third where it hazed the tires past the 60’ in 1.57 seconds 🙄 4th and 5th felt good and we hit the 1/8 mile at 117 mph. Then came the shift to 6th at 5100 rpm and the looong run to the finish line. 147mph in 9.61 seconds. We logged that data and sent it to our tuner for some changes but didn’t hear back before the end of the day. They were running classes, so the test and tune crowd (us) got limited time on the track. As discombobulated as that run was, I have to figure a 9.6 wasn’t that bad considering. So.... I’ve made a decision. I’m back home now with the car in the garage and I’ll probably hit the night time T&T’s at Vegas once or twice. But.... realistically not being able to spend all day on a track with my tuner getting it figured out, I have decided to just go with the T400 and save myself the aggravation. I know there are a select few who are successfully massaging that damn transmission nanny in to cooperating. I say give her the boot and go to a manual shifter. That’ll be more fun anyway. There was a Hellcat there that had one and I got the chance to talk with him. It was a A8 conversion. So..... it works and now I know where to start.