Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Say it ain't so, Ron !!

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I know I am rare, but...We can fit huge rubber on a WB, you regular body people can only dream of. For the road course, and street performance, and its mods, the WB rules IMO.
For road course yes but personally the widebody looks a little funny and out of place to me with those flares and skinnies up front.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
For road course yes but personally the widebody looks a little funny and out of place to me with those flares and skinnies up front.
I know, I know. Going to try this sucker soon on the course, brother. Hope I can make us proud against what they say we can't beat.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
But it sure looks good w those 20x11's all the way around on the street :cool:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
But it sure looks good w those 20x11's all the way around on the street :cool:
Shit, Biz made me 12's!

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Weighed my standard body Redeye 100% stock. Mine is like Ron's but with a few more options. I ordered the leather pkg, convenience pkg and plus pkg. Mine weighed 4340lbs without me in it. Not sure how much the leather weighs more than cloth, but he will have the lightest config for sure. Possibly under 4300.
I weighed mine, and it's a stripper model with a back seat and with a 1/2 tank of fuel it weighed in at 4280.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
If you look at page 11 on the link I posted you will also notice that a standard Hellcat sits a half inch lower then a widebody. Also the standard body has a lower drag coefficient. So widebodys are just a gimmick:p:D All that money for widebody just to fit 305s which fit anyways.
I always thought they looked higher, but I thought it was just an optical illusion because of the bigger wheel flares.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
FCA announced the Power Dollars for 2020 Challenger and Charger today. That sealed the deal........

2020 RedEye
Frostbite
3.09's
Rear Seat Delete Group
SRT Performance Spoiler

FFP plus Power Dollars ChaChing..........

View attachment 13584

WILL BE THIS COLOR FROSTBITE

View attachment 13585

@TNREDEYE @Phast Hemi @Maxboost @HRJ @Marc W @Markp @moparjim
Ya know that's funny. They dropped the B5 blue and came out with Frostbite, which to me looks more like the original B5 than the later version that they dropped which looked a little more "electric" than the original :LOL:. I basically have the same car with aback seat. GOOD LUCK with her and I can't wait to hear your driving impressions.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
My name ain't Ron,, but Hickster and say it ain't it anin't so. Yesterday,, Yesterday, bad day. Going to be a god day, got a $40 hair cutster by my 25 year big titty blond gal I self trained at the gym with the Hooters gals.... Got to the sea food shop purchasing sum grouper cheeks for 2 days,, a piece of 3/4 inch tuna to blacken for the evening.. feeling food. Decided to take the Hell Cat out fer a spun. Gots car cleaned and der fealen good with new dew and fish in the cooler from the beach. On the way home, a bit of wetness on the new flops and pulled up to the stop light on Seminole Blvd. Foot slipped off the clutched, bumped off the mini van in front of me,, just a bump, lady jumps out cu plaining of neck pain. Young gal in passenger sat not saying a word. 1st thing I do is thinking,, you dumb bitch, 2nd thing is mid aged mini van dumb bitch driving ass hole, 3 rd thing is, are you ok, no my neck is killing me, 4thing, you dumb mini van dumb bitch with young passenger not saying a word with no seat belt on no complaints, 5 th thing money insurance grabbing bitch call 911 and my husband, 6 th thing call yoa husband cause I am going to whip his ass too, 7 thang I am going to kick every one's ass except the perty one's ass in the passenger's seat, she is quiet, make a move since bitch is bitching any way, cops on the way, fire trucks, here, cooler with ta beer and fish in the coola covered up with ta towel, took er big ole bite out of ta smoked fish to take the beer breath off, offered to move der dumb ass bitche's out of the 6 lane 5 o'clock rush hour lanes backing while I am explaining to the people with their windows down all pissed off going to the bars from the beach, I am in a $86,000 car, in a good mood with a mini van bitch van bitch complaining about her neck with my F ing car with no scratches on er coming off the line of a god damn red light not at the strip. Damn it,,, next thing, # 8 cops,,, open beer but in cooler with towel over it smoked fish breath not drunk,,,, good shape fer sobriety test, very good. $9 talk to cops and EMF people with all stupid questions. Couldn't answer stupid questions out of bed 1est thing in the moe ning. Young Cops and EMF people were more concerned about my car than the stupid bitch, coplaing about er dumb ass neck. Tey wre looking over my car and to9 hell with her and I took em in tat dt direction. Yo took at this engine, yo luck at this stereo ststem. Do not look in da cooler. If yer doo all ya smell is smoked fish,,, yooo stinkey fish. Snd keting stink er by the minute and I let em know that. Stinkey fish in the cooler don't open it ster. So,,,,,, bitch goes to the hospital on a stretcher, I get a date with the youngster, get a $166 ticket and 3 points, apologies from the Fire Fifgters, Cops, EMF, and all the people backed up fer 2 miles.
Is this justification from the For um judges for this long ex ass per ation story?? Damn long,,, and thanks fer tuning in and reading. I will get an increase in my insurance, 3 hours on the internet to take the 3 points off, but still have to pay the $166 ticket fer mu ving vio lationg. Judges of the for um. Justivica tions fe rthe past 2 wee kees. Got my car towed in fer sum dumb bitck, $170, now sum bitch costing me $166 and 4 hours on the in ter net star,,,, in witch is in the shop costing me $125 cause I spilt Chinese made shine on the key board. Now I can't ket a new key board cause the band on pro ducks on nees from tat coun tree?// God Damn it/// Kno won der I want to muv to the cunt tree. Damn living in the city.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
My name ain't Ron,, but Hickster and say it ain't it anin't so. Yesterday,, Yesterday, bad day. Going to be a god day, got a $40 hair cutster by my 25 year big titty blond gal I self trained at the gym with the Hooters gals.... Got to the sea food shop purchasing sum grouper cheeks for 2 days,, a piece of 3/4 inch tuna to blacken for the evening.. feeling food. Decided to take the Hell Cat out fer a spun. Gots car cleaned and der fealen good with new dew and fish in the cooler from the beach. On the way home, a bit of wetness on the new flops and pulled up to the stop light on Seminole Blvd. Foot slipped off the clutched, bumped off the mini van in front of me,, just a bump, lady jumps out cu plaining of neck pain. Young gal in passenger sat not saying a word. 1st thing I do is thinking,, you dumb bitch, 2nd thing is mid aged mini van dumb bitch driving ass hole, 3 rd thing is, are you ok, no my neck is killing me, 4thing, you dumb mini van dumb bitch with young passenger not saying a word with no seat belt on no complaints, 5 th thing money insurance grabbing bitch call 911 and my husband, 6 th thing call yoa husband cause I am going to whip his ass too, 7 thang I am going to kick every one's ass except the perty one's ass in the passenger's seat, she is quiet, make a move since bitch is bitching any way, cops on the way, fire trucks, here, cooler with ta beer and fish in the coola covered up with ta towel, took er big ole bite out of ta smoked fish to take the beer breath off, offered to move der dumb ass bitche's out of the 6 lane 5 o'clock rush hour lanes backing while I am explaining to the people with their windows down all pissed off going to the bars from the beach, I am in a $86,000 car, in a good mood with a mini van bitch van bitch complaining about her neck with my F ing car with no scratches on er coming off the line of a god damn red light not at the strip. Damn it,,, next thing, # 8 cops,,, open beer but in cooler with towel over it smoked fish breath not drunk,,,, good shape fer sobriety test, very good. $9 talk to cops and EMF people with all stupid questions. Couldn't answer stupid questions out of bed 1est thing in the moe ning. Young Cops and EMF people were more concerned about my car than the stupid bitch, coplaing about er dumb ass neck. Tey wre looking over my car and to9 hell with her and I took em in tat dt direction. Yo took at this engine, yo luck at this stereo ststem. Do not look in da cooler. If yer doo all ya smell is smoked fish,,, yooo stinkey fish. Snd keting stink er by the minute and I let em know that. Stinkey fish in the cooler don't open it ster. So,,,,,, bitch goes to the hospital on a stretcher, I get a date with the youngster, get a $166 ticket and 3 points, apologies from the Fire Fifgters, Cops, EMF, and all the people backed up fer 2 miles.
Is this justification from the For um judges for this long ex ass per ation story?? Damn long,,, and thanks fer tuning in and reading. I will get an increase in my insurance, 3 hours on the internet to take the 3 points off, but still have to pay the $166 ticket fer mu ving vio lationg. Judges of the for um. Justivica tions fe rthe past 2 wee kees. Got my car towed in fer sum dumb bitck, $170, now sum bitch costing me $166 and 4 hours on the in ter net star,,,, in witch is in the shop costing me $125 cause I spilt Chinese made shine on the key board. Now I can't ket a new key board cause the band on pro ducks on nees from tat coun tree?// God Damn it/// Kno won der I want to muv to the cunt tree. Damn living in the city.
Not to derail this thread but damn Hickster, that is some bad mojo, time to change it up and shake off that stink

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
so the new plate will be TWO SEAT?

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Ya know that's funny. They dropped the B5 blue and came out with Frostbite, which to me looks more like the original B5 than the later version that they dropped which looked a little more "electric" than the original :LOL:. I basically have the same car with aback seat. GOOD LUCK with her and I can't wait to hear your driving impressions.
I like the B5 a lot. It is what I consider a classy high impact color. You can pick it out of a crowded parking lot in a second but I can look at it all day. I think I will like the Frostbite just as good if not better.

I gravitated to the redeye from the 1320 because of the better rebate, I like the redeye hood way better and the power of course. I hate that hellcat hood dropping water all over when I wash the car. I like the functional ram air and the air box and air filter on the Redeye way better. I think that rear spoiler is growing on me.....

My car was scheduled and assigned a VIN already. Such good news.
132ab93a4f1b0b97897cb85e2a90d506.jpg c7242c7f09505604a3d8a457cc449282.jpg

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Not to derail this thread but damn Hickster, that is some bad mojo, time to change it up and shake off that stink
I read this whole thing. Wow.

@Hickster

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
so the new plate will be TWO SEAT?
I will have the Pass seat out 99.99% of the time. So I guess I could keep the plates. I might even order the blank carpet with no holes if it is not too much. I am not sure what I will do.......If I keep the plate it might be more of a way for people to recognize that it is my car.

Last edited:

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
News Flash. The Hoosier tire I am referring to is a Radial. It is a 28/10.5 R17 Drag Bracket Radial. 18825 DBR They also make it in an 18
Thanks for clarifying that. I went to summit's website and they were referring to it as a slick, which I thought always meant a bias tire, not a radial. I checked Hoosiers website and it suggests running the tire at 16-22psi. Do you think the tire material of this Hoosier is softer (Grips better) than that of the MT ET R? Hoosier also lists the tire weight at 22lbs, but Summit says it weighs 30lbs, lol.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thanks for clarifying that. I went to summit's website and they were referring to it as a slick, which I thought always meant a bias tire, not a radial. I checked Hoosiers website and it suggests running the tire at 16-22psi. Do you think the tire material of this Hoosier is softer (Grips better) than that of the MT ET R? Hoosier also lists the tire weight at 22lbs, but Summit says it weighs 30lbs, lol.
The compound does not seem to be softer. But according to Hoosier it is a high grip compound that is the latest technology. The weight in the initial press release listed both tires as being 22 pounds. That was completely wrong. The hoosier tire dealer I contacted said they have it in their computer as 27 pounds and the set I had come to my house weighed 24.3 pounds on my new scale. I am glad to see Summit revised their spec as it was 22 on their site like the press release. I bet people complained.

I have 56 passes on them in my Demon and I never spun once on the hit. It only spun a couple times out on the 1-2 shift and that was track prep. I have run them at 18 to 22 psi and in fact the one time the car spun on the 1-2 shift they were at 22 psi. But they dead hooked on the hit and through 1rst gear.

This tire is the exact size as the 305/45R17 ET STREET R. I would say the Hoosire would hook better. BUT, you technically will not pass tech if you want to run under the late modle rule in the NHRA rule book. Street Legal Drags.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I will have the Pass seat out 99.99% of the time. So I guess I could keep the plates. I might even order the blank carpet with no holes if it is not too much. I am not sure what I will do.......If I keep the plate it might be more of a way for people to recognise that it is my car.
That would be really awesome.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
The compound does not seem to be softer. But according to Hoosier it is a high grip compound that is the latest technology. The weight in the initial press release listed both tires as being 22 pounds. That was completely wrong. The hoosier tire dealer I contacted said they have it in their computer as 27 pounds and the set I had come to my house weighed 24.3 pounds on my new scale. I am glad to see Summit revised their spec as it was 22 on their site like the press release. I bet people complained.

I have 56 passes on them in my Demon and I never spun once on the hit. It only spun a couple times out on the 1-2 shift and that was track prep. I have run them at 18 to 22 psi and in fact the one time the car spun on the 1-2 shift they were at 22 psi. But they dead hooked on the hit and through 1rst gear.

This tire is the exact size as the 305/45R17 ET STREET R. I would say the Hoosire would hook better. BUT, you technically will not pass tech if you want to run under the late modle rule in the NHRA rule book. Street Legal Drags.
Good point, didn't think of that part. I believe the MT ET Rs (305s) weigh around 31lbs each. I don't think my local tracks will hassle me about the tires. As long as I don't run 9s they likely won't care. Overall I'm hoping that the Hoosiers will allow for less of a burnout to get them to hook and be a more consistent tire. My MT ET Rs hook pretty well, as long as I give them a healthy burnout, for the most part. However, if track prep isn't all that great I'll spin if I launch any higher pretty much idle. Hoosiers are also $60 a tire cheaper, so if they work well I'll be running those from here on out.

Quick research shows the new Hoosiers are using something called a DBR compound and the MT ET Rs use a R2 compound. One review said that sidewalls in new DBR Hoosiers seemed more flexable than the previous Hoosiers that were DR2 compound.

Last edited:

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
That would be really awesome.
Ordered the carpet today.... $127 plus tax.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Good point, didn't think of that part. I believe the MT ET Rs (305s) weigh around 31lbs each. I don't think my local tracks will hassle me about the tires. As long as I don't run 9s they likely won't care. Overall I'm hoping that the Hoosiers will allow for less of a burnout to get them to hook and be a more consistent tire. My MT ET Rs hook pretty well, as long as I give them a healthy burnout, for the most part. However, if track prep isn't all that great I'll spin if I launch any higher pretty much idle. Hoosiers are also $60 a tire cheaper, so if they work well I'll be running those from here on out.

Quick research shows the new Hoosiers are using something called a DBR compound and the MT ET Rs use a R2 compound. One review said that sidewalls in new DBR Hoosiers seemed more flexable than the previous Hoosiers that were DR2 compound.
I was on track to get about 110-120 passes out of them. Minimal burnout was required at the tracks that prep good. If I saw smoke at all I let the brake off and rolled it froward with minimal throttle until they recovered with a screech. Yes, I had wheel hop once and the thump thump thump was quite a bit less harsh. So I suspect the sidewall is softer and stores more energy. I shared a video on my SRT DEMON page you will need to scroll down a bit.........

https://www.facebook.com/SRT-DEMON-1472150529476500/

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle