Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Say it ain't so, Ron !!

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
The picture of this POC at BA "PENDING ORDER" just gave me a flashback

Congrats Ron

Be interesting to see what direction you take with your new toy
I told my dealer I do not do well waiting for things so what were his thoughts on a time line. He thinks it will be picked up for production right away without any big delays. My only worry is I heard the rear seat delete kits were on backorder again through the Dodge parts departments. Really hope that does not prevent a fast build.......

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I don't see the $6k wide body upgrade so looks like it.
Yes narrow body. I don't really see any big advantage of a wide body for Drag Racing. I can fit the tires I want without too much trouble. I was wondering if a wide body with LW Wheels & Tires was possibly lighter?? But 6G's is a lot for something you do not need.

I was shocked wheen I saw that the SRT Performance Spoiler went up $300 to $995. I had to have this because it is POSSIBLE it will help with performance. to tell the truth I like the look of the standard Spoiler better. My Buddies 19 Hellcat has this and it MPH's real well. @TNREDEYE does your car have this? LOL

@EricG

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
NICE! Now you can race without anybody accusing you of cheating because you changed the tires. Glad you’re still in it!!
I always planned on getting something else. But they want more for my 67 Valiant than the amount I sold it to them. Zero chance I would pay a mark up on that car. Plus I like new things and we all have to agree these cars are amazing. I have said the RedEye is the best of both worlds. A Hellcat with the big brakes and more power with the Chiller. Yum.

I think Bo resently went 10.00's in really good negative DA. And that was on 93 octane as well I think.That is right where I want to be.

@TNREDEYE

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
that order form is for a standard body with cloth interior. Minimal options.
You know me......

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Should be about $11,500 off sticker and since I know the owner (he orderd it for me) there will not be any funny buisness as far as Tax, Licence and Doc fees.

I think I am going to leave it stock and just run the crap out of it. More passes = Faster. Carlyle Racing gave me a real good price on a set of Billet Specialties Win Lite Drag Pack wheels and I will order Hoosier LW tires as soon as the car is built and in transit. I will be pulling the Pass seat and then I will finally have to make MYSELF a bypass harness for the Airbag light! LOL Drain the Washer bottle. Pull the sway bar. Maybe wrap the hood Black. Demon Race Air Filter (I already have prepped and ready to go) naturally. As you know I am not into gutting the interior but I may pull the trunk carpet and I am going to look into a Kirkey race seat for the driver and possibly LW Brake Rotors. But not sure I want to drop the coin for those items.

I was going to order a Scat Pack 1320 Drag Pack one seat. That car would be cheaper and it would hook on pretty much any tire and any prep. But he was unable to order one. The ability is not in the system yet. I really was on the fence on this. So the power Dollars becoming available and the uncertaintly of WHEN I would be able to order a 1320 sealed the deal.

Now I have to worry about hooking the Redeye. If it does not hook reliably on the Hoosier 28/10.5 R17 Drag Bracket Radial then it will be the MT ET Street R 315/50R17 tire. I already know how to do a nice job of taking down that rib to make that tire fit. But I am not going to do that unless I have to.
Yeah I left mine stock too. Good price and purchase

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
Should be about $11,500 off sticker and since I know the owner (he orderd it for me) there will not be any funny buisness as far as Tax, Licence and Doc fees.

I think I am going to leave it stock and just run the crap out of it. More passes = Faster. Carlyle Racing gave me a real good price on a set of Billet Specialties Win Lite Drag Pack wheels and I will order Hoosier LW tires as soon as the car is built and in transit. I will be pulling the Pass seat and then I will finally have to make MYSELF a bypass harness for the Airbag light! LOL Drain the Washer bottle. Pull the sway bar. Maybe wrap the hood Black. Demon Race Air Filter (I already have prepped and ready to go) naturally. As you know I am not into gutting the interior but I may pull the trunk carpet and I am going to look into a Kirkey race seat for the driver and possibly LW Brake Rotors. But not sure I want to drop the coin for those items.

I was going to order a Scat Pack 1320 Drag Pack one seat. That car would be cheaper and it would hook on pretty much any tire and any prep. But he was unable to order one. The ability is not in the system yet. I really was on the fence on this. So the power Dollars becoming available and the uncertaintly of WHEN I would be able to order a 1320 sealed the deal.

Now I have to worry about hooking the Redeye. If it does not hook reliably on the Hoosier 28/10.5 R17 Drag Bracket Radial then it will be the MT ET Street R 315/50R17 tire. I already know how to do a nice job of taking down that rib to make that tire fit. But I am not going to do that unless I have to.
You think you'll be able to get a 315 50 17 on a stand body without beating down/grinding the rib? Man please share if/when you do. That's the only thing that's stopped me from going that route because I cannot bring my self to beat on my baby.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
You think you'll be able to get a 315 50 17 on a stand body without beating down/grinding the rib? Man please share if/when you do. That's the only thing that's stopped me from going that route because I cannot bring my self to beat on my baby.
No. But the Drag Pack wheel is 6.5 backspace. Most of the Welds are 6.6 amd 6.7 backspace. So, a little less backspace. I pull the tub flush to the frame with a few large head 1/8" rivits and then grind the plastic and metal as one. Then cover with metal HVAC tape and paint flat black. This will give you the LEAST amount of injury to the car and should provide enough clearance. I am not 100% sure but I think it will work.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I always planned on getting something else. But they want more for my 67 Valiant than the amount I sold it to them. Zero chance I would pay a mark up on that car. Plus I like new things and we all have to agree these cars are amazing. I have said the RedEye is the best of both worlds. A Hellcat with the big brakes and more power with the Chiller. Yum.

I think Bo resently went 10.00's in really good negative DA. And that was on 93 octane as well I think.That is right where I want to be.

@TNREDEYE
If I can go 10.399 with only 305/17 racestars and ETRs on my 4th time to the track with the Redeye then 10.00 for you should be a cakewalk.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Yes narrow body. I don't really see any big advantage of a wide body for Drag Racing. I can fit the tires I want without too much trouble. I was wondering if a wide body with LW Wheels & Tires was possibly lighter?? But 6G's is a lot for something you do not need.

I was shocked wheen I saw that the SRT Performance Spoiler went up $300 to $995. I had to have this because it is POSSIBLE it will help with performance. to tell the truth I like the look of the standard Spoiler better. My Buddies 19 Hellcat has this and it MPH's real well. @TNREDEYE does your car have this? LOL

@EricG
The widebody is not lighter the standard body is lighter. Widebody adds at least 8lbs and that is just the flares and hardware. I read the FCA weight breakdown a long time ago. I will try to find it but the lightest redeye you can buy is standard body, rear seat delete, base stereo, base interior. Should weigh in at just under 4400lbs

Last edited:

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I told my dealer I do not do well waiting for things so what were his thoughts on a time line. He thinks it will be picked up for production right away without any big delays. My only worry is I heard the rear seat delete kits were on backorder again through the Dodge parts departments. Really hope that does not prevent a fast build.......
My 2020 Redeye was just built with Rear Seat Delete. On the rail to me now. You should be good to go.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
My 2020 Redeye was just built with Rear Seat Delete. On the rail to me now. You should be good to go.
I was curious to know if you had your car yet. I thik LOD is going to make the January event at HRP a "Legion and Friends" event next year. Maybe we can line them up..........

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #92
why not?

even though I ran my car on 100 octane most of it's life, I did not street drive it on 840 mode, although it was available.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images

Let us know how those Hoosiers work out for you if you end up trying them. I haven't had a lot of feedback on them and I've been curious to try them as well. However, most seem to think IF you have great prep and get traction you'll go quicker with MT ET Rs. Is Carlyle Racing willing to extend that price to others? lol. I really want a set of Win Lites but damn they are spendy. Also like you said I believe the offset on Welds 6.7 BS vs the Win lites 6.5 would make for a slightly easier 315 fitment on a standard body. The Forgestar D5s seem to be a good price, but I'd prefer the Win Lites, but at double the cost......ouch lol.

How much do you charge for your airbag light bypass? You pulling the sway bar to help launching or weight reduction or both? lol

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Oops! We ran into some problems.

Whatever it is, is not working for us
Sorry fixed it try it now page 12 Widebody adds 28lbs

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
The widebody is not lighter the standard body is lighter. Widebody adds at least 8lbs and that is just the flares and hardware. I read the FCA weight breakdown a long time ago. I will try to find it but the lightest redeye you can buy is standard body, rear seat delete, base stereo, base interior. Should weigh in at just under 4400lbs
Weighed my standard body Redeye 100% stock. Mine is like Ron's but with a few more options. I ordered the leather pkg, convenience pkg and plus pkg. Mine weighed 4340lbs without me in it. Not sure how much the leather weighs more than cloth, but he will have the lightest config for sure. Possibly under 4300.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
4,400 (1,996) — SRT Hellcat Redeye without rear seat

Yeah that's what my car is, but weighs 60lbs less than that. That must include some extra options I didn't get or it's just a rough estimate from Dodge.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Weighed my standard body Redeye 100% stock. Mine is like Ron's but with a few more options. I ordered the leather pkg, convenience pkg and plus pkg. Mine weighed 4340lbs without me in it. Not sure how much the leather weighs more than cloth, but he will have the lightest config for sure. Possibly under 4300.
That sounds right because I read somewhere that the standard body Redeye with rear seat delete is under 4400lbs but I cannot find the article. With the base stereo(no subs in trunk), rear seat delete, and base seats it should be close to 4300lbs. I have searched everywhere but can't find it now. I know I saw it somewhere. I remember reading it was within 100lbs of the lightest you could order a Demon. Can't remember what a base one seat Demon weighs.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
4,400 (1,996) — SRT Hellcat Redeye without rear seat
4,443 (2,015) — SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody without rear seat

I see a 43lb difference here.

4,451 (2,019) — SRT Hellcat Redeye
4,492 (2,038) — SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody

I see a 41lb difference here.

Not sure why adding or subtracting a rear seat changes the weights +/- 2lbs, but I see weight difference of 41-43lbs WB vs NB. Unless I can't math today, lol.