Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Say it ain't so, Ron !!

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
No. But the Drag Pack wheel is 6.5 backspace. Most of the Welds are 6.6 amd 6.7 backspace. So, a little less backspace. I pull the tub flush to the frame with a few large head 1/8" rivits and then grind the plastic and metal as one. Then cover with metal HVAC tape and paint flat black. This will give you the LEAST amount of injury to the car and should provide enough clearance. I am not 100% sure but I think it will work.
You will either be cutting / beating the car to death or the tire will stick out at least an inch past the top of the fender to run a 315/50/17.

Personally not a fan of doing either which is why I did the rear 15" conversion instead. 275/60/15 tucks up nice, no mods to wheel houses, only had to trim a little off the sway bar boss- the rest bolts on.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I know I am rare, but...We can fit huge rubber on a WB, you regular body people can only dream of. For the road course, and street performance, and its mods, the WB rules IMO.
300mm is where we start.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I was curious to know if you had your car yet. I thik LOD is going to make the January event at HRP a "Legion and Friends" event next year. Maybe we can line them up..........
We don’t have any friends. Remember - we are elitist! :ROFLMAO:

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
That sounds right because I read somewhere that the standard body Redeye with rear seat delete is under 4400lbs but I cannot find the article. With the base stereo(no subs in trunk), rear seat delete, and base seats it should be close to 4300lbs. I have searched everywhere but can't find it now. I know I saw it somewhere. I remember reading it was within 100lbs of the lightest you could order a Demon. Can't remember what a base one seat Demon weighs.
My base one seat Demon weighs 4120 lbs.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
You will either be cutting / beating the car to death or the tire will stick out at least an inch past the top of the fender to run a 315/50/17.

Personally not a fan of doing either which is why I did the rear 15" conversion instead. 275/60/15 tucks up nice, no mods to wheel houses, only had to trim a little off the sway bar boss- the rest bolts on.
Out of curiosity, did you buy a kit from someone or piece together what you needed for the conversion? Most conversions I've seen involve lots of grinding.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Wow that’s light. I thought they weighed more then that.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I like the B5 a lot. It is what I consider a classy high impact color. You can pick it out of a crowded parking lot in a second but I can look at it all day. I think I will like the Frostbite just as good if not better.

I gravitated to the redeye from the 1320 because of the better rebate, I like the redeye hood way better and the power of course. I hate that hellcat hood dropping water all over when I wash the car. I like the functional ram air and the air box and air filter on the Redeye way better. I think that rear spoiler is growing on me.....

My car was scheduled and assigned a VIN already. Such good news.
View attachment 13641 View attachment 13642
Right on, Ron. It was just a little thing among the rest of the upgrades you already had in the Demon for me, I don't miss the water and dirt in the engine compartment plus the real multi-intakes into the air box.

By the way, been enjoying your thread, congrats. Glad it sounds like things worked out well for you. Have fun, drive safe.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thread Starter #149
whats your 4 seat full stereo loaded demon weigh?

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
whats your 4 seat full stereo loaded demon weigh?
I only have a single seat and two seat. I don’t recall what the two seat weighs.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Wow that’s light. I thought they weighed more then that.
That’s with stock wheels, MT 315s, skinnies and the passenger mirror delete.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I will have the Pass seat out 99.99% of the time. So I guess I could keep the plates. I might even order the blank carpet with no holes if it is not too much. I am not sure what I will do.......If I keep the plate it might be more of a way for people to recognize that it is my car.
Good point.

You did spec it exactly how i would. Wasn't sure on Frostbyte until i saw it in person. I think i actually like it better than B5. And B5 tugs on some old heart strings from my dad/brother's old Duster when i was 8 years old

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Out of curiosity, did you buy a kit from someone or piece together what you needed for the conversion? Most conversions I've seen involve lots of grinding.
The kit is based on a tce kit at it's core. I had some.custom toe arms made and used hardened button head bolts on the lower away bar mounts. Curt at dusterhoff tuning will be selling the complete kit soon. This conversion is much less invasive than cutting and beating the wheelhouses. Now that I run a 275 / 60/ 15 I have the equivalent sidewall to the 315/50/17 in a small tire that tucks in and looks right on the standard body cars.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
The kit is based on a tce kit at it's core. I had some.custom toe arms made and used hardened button head bolts on the lower away bar mounts. Curt at dusterhoff tuning will be selling the complete kit soon. This conversion is much less invasive than cutting and beating the wheelhouses. Now that I run a 275 / 60/ 15 I have the equivalent sidewall to the 315/50/17 in a small tire that tucks in and looks right on the standard body cars.
In your opinion would a stock Redeye benefit from a 275 MT Pro over a 305 MT ET R? I've cut a best of 1.47 60fts, but not sure if this would be more consistent or 60ft better. I plan on doing some light modding later, but figured I'd ask at what point is the 15" conversion a good idea.

Thanks!

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
In your opinion would a stock Redeye benefit from a 275 MT Pro over a 305 MT ET R? I've cut a best of 1.47 60fts, but not sure if this would be more consistent or 60ft better. I plan on doing some light modding later, but figured I'd ask at what point is the 15" conversion a good idea.

Thanks!
This is a great question that I have lots of data to respond with. I too ran the 305/45/17 and it's a great tire to a point. It's pretty forgiving down to about 10.0. Once you make enough power to go 9.8s and faster ( at 4400lbs or more) the track needs to be on point to get the car moving. Once I got into the 9.5s ( on stock boost for reference) track prep became more critical and harder to come by in an event environment. It is at this point where the 275/15 starts to show it's strength. I can now go 9.4s and quicker on less than perfect prep on the 275. The 305 is not up to that task.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I have been busy buying parts for the RedEye. I want to get back into racing at Irwindale every week as well as traveling to Legions events when allowed and HemiFest in Norwalk etc. So, first set of wheels and tires are the best stuff out there. But I just could not see myself running around the street on race tires and NO TPMS. So I had to buy a whole nother set of wheels and tires for my street setup. I am lucky I pulled some strings and got a deal on some of this but it is still a lot of money. Some I had to pay full price at Summit & Jegs and pay CA sales tax. Yikes!

Race:
Win Lite Drag Pack 18X5 and 17X10 wheels
Hoosier 28.0X4.5-18 drag front with the Drag Bracket Radial 28.0/10.5 R17
Street:
Forgestar F14 Drag 18X5 and 17X10 in Gunmetal.
Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR 28X6.00R18LT and ET SRTEET R 315/50R17

F14-15x3.75-Gunmetal-3.jpg

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I have been busy buying parts for the RedEye. I want to get back into racing at Irwindale every week as well as traveling to Legions events when allowed and HemiFest in Norwalk etc. So, first set of wheels and tires are the best stuff out there. But I just could not see myself running around the street on race tires and NO TPMS. So I had to buy a whole nother set of wheels and tires for my street setup. I am lucky I pulled some strings and got a deal on some of this but it is still a lot of money. Some I had to pay full price at Summit & Jegs and pay CA sales tax. Yikes!

Race:
Win Lite Drag Pack 18X5 and 17X10 wheels
Hoosier 28.0X4.5-18 drag front with the Drag Bracket Radial 28.0/10.5 R17
Street:
Forgestar F14 Drag 18X5 and 17X10 in Gunmetal.
Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR 28X6.00R18LT and ET SRTEET R 315/50R17

View attachment 13854
So what made you decide to go with a Redeye instead of a 1320? I guess I'm confused why you would sell a Demon for a Redeye which is basically the same car in street trim.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
So what made you decide to go with a Redeye instead of a 1320? I guess I'm confused why you would sell a Demon for a Redeye which is basically the same car in street trim.
Profit!

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I had many reasons why I sold the Demon and they were put in 2 posts early on in this thread. I was on the fence between ordering a 2020 Scat Pack 1320 and trying to buy a leftover 19 RedEye. Basically I sold the Demon and was looking for another Cool car to race. I considered EVERY brand and model but kept coming back to the Challenger. There really is nothing else out there for me right now that would be good to race. I think this will be like my 10th new Challenger. I was looking at the 2020 1320 because there was nothing out there left as far as new 19's that were basic enough for me and I really wanted the one seat. Well even though the 2020 1320's were opened up for ordering for some reason when I went to order one he was not able to pull it up on his computer. I have since found out FCA was updating the info on that day ......because...... they were adding the Power Dollars to all the 2020's. Not knowing this I decided the next day just to order a RedEye since the power dollars were added and since it was available in the system to order. So the circumstances caused me to fall on that side of the fence. The RedEye will still meet all my wants in a car to race except one thing. It will not be dead reliable on the hook. A 1320 would probably hook anywhere on an ET STREET R.

I was considering cancelling my order and getting the 2020 1320 a couple days later when I found out that they were in fact able to be ordered. But then my Seller told me my car was scheduled to be built and had a VIN assigned already. Then I did one more thing that caused me to be married to this particular car. For absolute sure........I will expand on that one day but I need to wait untill I actually get the car to spill the beans.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I had many reasons why I sold the Demon and they were put in 2 posts early on in this thread. I was on the fence between ordering a 2020 Scat Pack 1320 and trying to buy a leftover 19 RedEye. Basically I sold the Demon and was looking for another Cool car to race. I considered EVERY brand and model but kept coming back to the Challenger. There really is nothing else out there for me right now that would be good to race. I think this will be like my 10th new Challenger. I was looking at the 2020 1320 because there was nothing out there left as far as new 19's that were basic enough for me and I really wanted the one seat. Well even though the 2020 1320's were opened up for ordering for some reason when I went to order one he was not able to pull it up on his computer. I have since found out FCA was updating the info on that day ......because...... they were adding the Power Dollars to all the 2020's. Not knowing this I decided the next day just to order a RedEye since the power dollars were added and since it was available in the system to order. So the circumstances caused me to fall on that side of the fence. The RedEye will still meet all my wants in a car to race except one thing. It will not be dead reliable on the hook. A 1320 would probably hook anywhere on an ET STREET R.

I was considering cancelling my order and getting the 2020 1320 a couple days later when I found out that they were in fact able to be ordered. But then my Seller told me my car was scheduled to be built and had a VIN assigned already. Then I did one more thing that caused me to be married to this particular car. For absolute sure........I will expand on that one day but I need to wait untill I actually get the car to spill the beans.
I won’t spill your beans.;)