Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Holy CRAP Koons Dodge has 33 Hellcats what the hell are they doing OMG LOL

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Looks like a pretty good deal on the Redeyes, they are pretty much optioned the way I would have ordered.
Too bad they are all red or black. Also, the price they show includes discounts few will likely qualify for. I wonder what sort of fees & crap they add on ??
I've bought several vehicles form Koons and you get the WOW price, then they knock off whatever other rebates you can qualify for. It's been my experience that you can talk them down more on the price. The processing fee differs among their dealerships. It's $699 in Virginia, and I think $300 in Maryland. It all goes by what's allowed by law in each state.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
52K down from 55K totally unreasonable? I don't think so.
Yes, totally. $55k is already below holdback. And you want them to take an ADDITIONAL $3k off! The difference between invoice and msrp is barely $3k. Holdback isn't $3k. You literally want them to sell it to you at a total loss+. Not going to happen at that price until the car is still there a year from now.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
and they also seems to have a few 1320's for basically pocket change.
I paid $38k for my 1320 there and it was discounted $9k before it even came off the truck. I picked it up 2 days after it was delivered. Koons is the largest Scat Pack/Performance Dodge dealer in the area I believe. The dealers near me in Maryland typically only have a few Challengers and Chargers on their lots, with most of them being V6 cars.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Because they are pre-spec cars from the factory that Koons (due to their large sales footprint and hefty floor plan) jumped on with a willingness to accept and turn out. Next time someone orders the "brand new next best thing" on day 1 from a tiny dealer, and doesn't get their car until after someone who ordered it days later from Koons, you will then understand why Koons does this.

Sidenote, was just talking over email to Amar who is their internet guy. Nice guy. I asked if they had any F8 inbound and he said unfortunately they don't. I also asked if they would add NAV, never really answered so that's a no. I told him people (all dealers) are ordering too many black and white cars! They are like 60% of the inventory. His reply was "I hear you brother!" LOL
My salesman told me that they routinely order a bunch of the performance cars near the end of the model year so that they are one of the few dealers that will have them. I bought my 1320 in March of this year and they were sitting on 30 leftover 2018 Scat Pack Challengers and they cut the prices to $30k for them to move them out. Those cars didn't have anything for options, but that was a good price for a Scat Pack compared to the $44k they were originally selling for.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
You have to add $1495+$799=2294 back into the price for the destination and doc fee. Yes, Koons is one of those dealers who heavily discounts MSRP (which includes destination), but then adds destination back in as a fee. They still have great pricing though. Other dealers with not so great pricing, I call them out on it. I ask why they are adding destination back in when it was already part of the MSRP they show discounted??? I then follow up with, "why not just reduce your discount and not add the destination back in, it makes you look a lot more trusting and transparent?"
Agreed 100%. I hate when dealers play games with that. Also when dealers play games with the price, showing you the price with every rebate, most of which you can't qualify for, then in small print disclose this information.

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
Yes, totally. $55k is already below holdback. And you want them to take an ADDITIONAL $3k off! The difference between invoice and msrp is barely $3k. Holdback isn't $3k. You literally want them to sell it to you at a total loss+. Not going to happen at that price until the car is still there a year from now.
I'm all about a deal, and some dealers are willing to go below holdback for the sale. But honestly, $52k with the power dollars is completely unreasonable. In fact, it's not even realistic. It'd be like a persona with a $230k house asking $200k just to move it, and you coming in and offering $160k.
I can verify this info ;) Impressive haul
I think we found the Koons Mole. :eek::LOL:. Call me when the car is still there in 6 months.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
I think we found the Koons Mole. :eek::LOL:. Call me when the car is still there in 6 months.
People have known me on the other board since the Hellcat first came out. I originally had 2015 charger hellcat #454 off the assembly line. So, I just happen to form good relationships, but you'll be waiting a long time if you expect me to call.

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
People have known me on the other board since the Hellcat first came out. I originally had 2015 charger hellcat #454 off the assembly line. So, I just happen to form good relationships, but you'll be waiting a long time if you expect me to call.
Hahahahaha.......I'm just jerking your chain man but seriously call anytime. :)

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
Breaking news OMG HOLY SH*# their are actually 225 Hellcats on order per Koons Dodge personal m.
If that is strictly HC’s incoming, that just makes me believe more their intention is to blow out of the remaining HC engine/blower to make room for the larger blower/demon longblock as the only option going forward.

I can’t come up with a scenario where it makes sense to continually manufacture both.

Future big performance models go with the even larger 3.0 blower???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Have to wonder is Dodge trying to use up parts meaning Hellcat motors and wide body parts...etc?
Maybe the big 426 reveal is being delayed because of this since their is just too much manufacturing inventory just really have to wonder what the heck is going on behind the scenes of Dodge.
Strange though...if that is the case how would Koons know? The dealerships are so far out of the loop they know way less than anyone it seems....unless they are lying? :unsure:

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
FCA may have cut a deal with them as a long time volume mover of the brand???

They always seem to have a much larger inventory of these cars then anyone else. Koons obviously knows what they are doing when they order all these cars and this just might be the goal all along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Well no matter how you slice it strange things are happening......so if no real change next year why all the strange happenings??

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Breaking news OMG HOLY SH*# their are actually 225 Hellcats on order per Koons Dodge personal message to me this evening. They are actually a member on the forum and have sent me this info. I asked them if it was ok to share. WOW beyond wow something has to be up BIG I mean HUGE beyond huge if Dodge is wanting to move so many Hellcats. I mean yikes what the hell is on the Horizon of moving Hellcat motors and parts....etc. I have never in all the years of buying cars and I mean unique cars heard of this. Even Corvette dealers I don’t think do this and yeah possible but that’s just a whole different niche. Very interesting which should be a SMOKE SIGNAL I guess to the next big reveal.
I have 40M reasons why they want to move Hellcats
And Challengers and Chargers in general

2021 is the refresh or so we were told. We were also told the 426 for 2020 and its not here. Maybe things are not going to plan at FCA?

Im still trying to remain patient for the Ram TRX

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Just curious if you’re getting another when you turn it in? God Bless...Drive that f**ker any chance you get
As much as I would love to just keep the one I have, it isn't worth $45k to me (or whatever my buy-out is) since it will have over 40k on it, been through 3 Buffalo winters, and 2 kids in carseats, etc... I can get a garage queen with no miles for that much. I will say that other than some wear on the driver's seat (from my brother) the car is immaculate and you'd never know it wasn't a summer only car with no kids. It's beautiful.

As far as what I'm getting next, I'll walk out of that dealer empty handed and will drive home in my F350. It's a crew cab long bed dually... so it's a lot of truck. I'm sure it'll get old, and feel slow, and I'll want something new, but I need to keep the truck to tow the camper anyway, so it isn't going anywhere.
At this point in my life, I could buy a 2020 Mustang GT convertible, throw an On3 twin turbo kit on it, and drive that for a while. My kids want a convertible (I sold my 700+rwhp Cobra Convertible before I had them)... and there isn't a convertible in the MOPAR lineup... and that would be a damn quick and reliable car. Of course, I could save myself $20k and just buy an SN95 vert again... but we'll see.
I am looking forward to the day when I lose the $650 monthly lease payment and the huge monthly insurance premium, however. I may put that money towards the home theater and finish my shop before I "invest" into another car. I'll probably stick around the forum. I only recently left the CherokeeSRT8 forum, and I hadn't owned a Jeep since ~2012... but they changed their format like the other .org did, so I left. I'm sure that's more story than you were interested in... but sometimes I have to write it down to see if my plan is logical or realistic at all. Leaving the HC at the dealer will be one of the hardest "good-byes" I'll ever have to do in all honesty.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Breaking news OMG HOLY SH*# their are actually 225 Hellcats on order per Koons Dodge personal message to me this evening. They are actually a member on the forum and have sent me this info. I asked them if it was ok to share. WOW beyond wow something has to be up BIG I mean HUGE beyond huge if Dodge is wanting to move so many Hellcats. I mean yikes what the hell is on the Horizon of moving Hellcat motors and parts....etc. I have never in all the years of buying cars and I mean unique cars heard of this. Even Corvette dealers I don’t think do this and yeah possible but that’s just a whole different niche. Very interesting which should be a SMOKE SIGNAL I guess to the next big reveal.
back when viper production stopped gerry wood bought all of the remaining vipers, it's probably safe to say the narrow body chargers w/ regular hc engines are done, the narrow body challengers w/ hc engine is probably next. Wouldn't be surprised to see wb redeye and narrow body redeye for the challengers in the near future. Probably offer a redeye charger at some point as well.

225 hellcats means they are getting them for a heck of a lot cheaper than invoice, gives me an idea to target some of their cars.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
back when viper production stopped gerry wood bought all of the remaining vipers, it's probably safe to say the narrow body chargers w/ regular hc engines are done, the narrow body challengers w/ hc engine is probably next. Wouldn't be surprised to see wb redeye and narrow body redeye for the challengers in the near future. Probably offer a redeye charger at some point as well.

225 hellcats means they are getting them for a heck of a lot cheaper than invoice, gives me an idea to target some of their cars.
thought they already had a regular body RE challenger?

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6

That was the exact thing that I was thinking of when I heard it. Gerry Wood took a gamble, didn’t gouge the customers and was successful.

I think FCA knows the current platform is getting old and methinks 2020 will be a short model year. We’ll see...Crystal ball at this point...Does Resume Speed have a gag order on this site?

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
That was the exact thing that I was thinking of when I heard it. Gerry Wood took a gamble, didn’t gouge the customers and was successful.

I think FCA knows the current platform is getting old and methinks 2020 will be a short model year. We’ll see...Crystal ball at this point...Does Resume Speed have a gag order on this site?
Resume Speed was gagged on that other site too. Hasn’t been around for almost a year.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
thought they already had a regular body RE challenger?
meaning no more narrow body hc, redeye only.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
One thing is certain these are strange times....change is coming for sure. I got an amazing deal with my last minute 2019 order so whatever the changes are I am still happy with the deal I got....still following it though and excited to see!