Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Holy CRAP Koons Dodge has 33 Hellcats what the hell are they doing OMG LOL

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Koons Dodge is located in Tyson’s Corner Virginia just outside the Washington DC metro area. I have purchased cars from them over the years and I know their operation well. This just makes no sense on what they are doing since they have some cars I have had my eye on since this last January. They have not been moving many Hellcats and this concerns me feeling a Dodge is getting desperate to move production. And damn now you have to wonder if the 20k off ain’t to far off as well. Wow to say the least and this dealership has never ever had more than 6-7 Hellcats at best and more like 3-4.
https://www.koonsjeep.com/new-dodge...acted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-model-1

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I rest my case.... see other threads. Pretty neat to see a brand new 2019 Challenger HC at 50,400 at the dealer.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I rest my case.... see other threads. Pretty neat to see a brand new 2019 Challenger HC at 50,400 at the dealer.
Hey they are great cars...regardless ..there is a limit as to how many your going to sell

WildCat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kakastan
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
...end of 2019 MY coming very soon if not already. Nationwide talk of a recession. Perhaps new (mystery) platform/powertrain changes for 2021. New widebody charger for 2020. Winter holidays coming up quick / summer driving season coming to an end for many areas...no surprise non-essential, high horse, niche' buyer type transportation are holding down pavement on dealer lots right now.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
but every challenger HC they have all 7) are Zero option cars WHY would you order so many cars with NO options. HC or not unless Im racing it or gutting it, I would never pay $50+K for a car with a base radio, cloth interior and zero in it.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
New rental fleet?

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
but every challenger HC they have all 7) are Zero option cars WHY would you order so many cars with NO options. HC or not unless Im racing it or gutting it, I would never pay $50+K for a car with a base radio, cloth interior and zero in it.
Have to wonder is Dodge trying to use up parts meaning Hellcat motors and wide body parts...etc?
Maybe the big 426 reveal is being delayed because of this since their is just too much manufacturing inventory just really have to wonder what the heck is going on behind the scenes of Dodge.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
FCA is in trouble.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
FCA is in trouble.
I am not sure thats a valid statement being the Jeep brand and Ram brand are doing extremely well. You could make that same statement to many other brands. The real story IMO is the Dodge Challenger HC model has become too expensive and Dodge realizes there is only so many rich MOPAR guys. And sure the body style is a hit for the old and young but the price is just way too salty for most to afford. This is why the blow out pricing is happening and I will be the first to raise my hand and say I would still be Cat-less should Dodge not introduced the HP dollars.

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
IDK about HC buyers being rich because this sums up many of the ones I see....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I am not sure thats a valid statement being the Jeep brand and Ram brand are doing extremely well. You could make that same statement to many other brands. The real story IMO is the Dodge Challenger HC model has become too expensive and Dodge realizes there is only so many rich MOPAR guys. And sure the body style is a hit for the old and young but the price is just way too salty for most to afford. This is why the blow out pricing is happening and I will be the first to raise my hand and say I would still be Cat-less should Dodge not introduced the HP dollars.
A $40M fine for falsifying sales numbers says something.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
If FCA is in trouble, someone needs to tell the equity market. Check the three year performance of GM, Ford and FCA. FCA dramatically and in an outstanding way bests both of them. Matter of fact Ford is off about the same amount the FCA appreciated in the past 3 yrs!

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Looks like a pretty good deal on the Redeyes, they are pretty much optioned the way I would have ordered.
Too bad they are all red or black. Also, the price they show includes discounts few will likely qualify for. I wonder what sort of fees & crap they add on ??

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
there's only so many seats you can fill in these cars, I have said it before and I'll say it again, gm/ford stopped production of their loser models very quickly, fca needs to do the same. Cut the dead weight that is chrysler, keep the pacifica if it does well. They need to cut out some of the weaker models, ram is the only thing keeping them afloat. Jeep has always been their anchor as it steadily increases sales but the ram is giving ford and gm a run for their money in the pickup market which accounts for 1 in 6 vehicles you see on the road.

Trachhawks sitting, 90k msrp redeyes still sitting, charger hellcats accumulating dust on the market, etc. etc. The firesale has already started and if things don't speed up I think they start dropping lease incentives to clear out inventory. It's either that or you have 2019s sitting on the lots when the 2020 wb comes and this time it's the chargers that get hammered.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Looks like a pretty good deal on the Redeyes, they are pretty much optioned the way I would have ordered.
Too bad they are all red or black. Also, the price they show includes discounts few will likely qualify for. I wonder what sort of fees & crap they add on ??
I inquired about a hc for kicks a few weeks earlier, dealer doc fee is $699, everything else is above board, they are willing to give away all of holdback on a lease/purchase so basically you could get 13k+ off sticker very easily. My only caveat is I want to lease not deal with one of these cars after warranty is up and/or deal with selling the car after 3 years. Lease with 14k off sticker puts me square at $499 😁

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
and they also seems to have a few 1320's for basically pocket change.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
and what the heck is going on here, did they get the lot hit for wheels ? !

2019-10-01 115403.jpg

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Because they are pre-spec cars from the factory that Koons (due to their large sales footprint and hefty floor plan) jumped on with a willingness to accept and turn out. Next time someone orders the "brand new next best thing" on day 1 from a tiny dealer, and doesn't get their car until after someone who ordered it days later from Koons, you will then understand why Koons does this.

Sidenote, was just talking over email to Amar who is their internet guy. Nice guy. I asked if they had any F8 inbound and he said unfortunately they don't. I also asked if they would add NAV, never really answered so that's a no. I told him people (all dealers) are ordering too many black and white cars! They are like 60% of the inventory. His reply was "I hear you brother!" LOL

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I inquired about a hc for kicks a few weeks earlier, dealer doc fee is $699, everything else is above board, they are willing to give away all of holdback on a lease/purchase so basically you could get 13k+ off sticker very easily. My only caveat is I want to lease not deal with one of these cars after warranty is up and/or deal with selling the car after 3 years. Lease with 14k off sticker puts me square at $499 😁

This is exactly what I am talking about. Thanks for posting that up.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
and what the heck is going on here, did they get the lot hit for wheels ? !

View attachment 3530
Has happened before... but I suspect some doofus was swapping or something. Nice catch.