Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Holy CRAP Koons Dodge has 33 Hellcats what the hell are they doing OMG LOL

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Let the winter bench racing discussions begin. FCA is in trouble. Ha.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I think there is a saturation point with the Hellcats.

The new Ram will move engine supply just fine when it comes but right now, used HCs are into the high 30s. What does a 2018/19 really offer over a barely used 15/16?

And someone like me, id love to be in one, but im not storing it until April. I'll wait for a better deal. I can't drive it anyway after the next 6-8 weeks

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Let the winter bench racing discussions begin. FCA is in trouble. Ha.

:(

48F here today...

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

The new Ram will move engine supply just fine when it comes but right now, used HCs are into the high 30s. What does a 2018/19 really offer over a barely used 15/16?

And someone like me, id love to be in one, but im not storing it until April. I'll wait for a better deal. I can't drive it anyway after the next 6-8 weeks
For me it was new, and exactly the way I wanted it including options, features, and design elements that didn't exist in a 15-17.

I'll have a month of total road time on mine until its parked, it'll sit for 5+ months with me making payments, and I'll still be happy to know I got mine.

But, that's just it: I am one and done. FCA is running out of prospective buyers, inventory is piling up, and a recession is looming. If FCA is completely solvent why would they need to lie about sales? Sure parts of their business is doing okay - but if they aren't managing their losses well, you have to imagine it will boil to the surface soon enough.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I guess the skinny jean pointed shoe Soy Boy Washington types ain’t liking the Hellcats? I bet the Prius’s sell like Hot cakes😂

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
As far as the sales numbers I thought this was about the rental fleets being used as part of the sales. And if they did something not so protocol it goes with the territory of the Dodge MOPAR madness anyways. I mean what car company out there is building crazy HP available to the general public? And keep in mind we can talk sales fudge but look at all the emissions fudge going on and MPG fudge and factual hp ratings.....etc etc. Thank goodness Dodge is the Black Sheep of the auto industry being motor heads and not electric heads. Which sure eventually they have to adapt but their resisting as best they can to keep us ICE AGE gang having the best time of your whole automotive life.

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
Consolidation is looming in the car manufacturing world. You are going to see a significant merger soon enough

FCA has been hunting for a partner for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
As far as the sales numbers I thought this was about the rental fleets being used as part of the sales. And if they did something not so protocol it goes with the territory of the Dodge MOPAR madness anyways. I mean what car company out there is building crazy HP available to the general public? And keep in mind we can talk sales fudge but look at all the emissions fudge going on and MPG fudge and factual hp ratings.....etc etc. Thank goodness Dodge is the Black Sheep of the auto industry being motor heads and not electric heads. Which sure eventually they have to adapt but their resisting as best they can to keep us ICE AGE gang having the best time of your whole automotive life.
Don't get me started.... These guys have used the rental fleets for dumping grounds and fake "sales" for years and never seem to learn from it. It has also ruined some good marques, too, because they would dump them into the fleets and no one wants to buy a car that most people think of as a "rental." Ford in particular got smacked with that. Just stupid in my opinion. Just do the right thing (like every corporation's mission / value statement says - this country has got so jaded that no one believes anyone should be honest anymore, just sickening).

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
A $40M fine for falsifying sales numbers says something.
yeah....they can pay the fine....

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
Well the sales numbers as I understand it was a "account" were all sales were recorded. Then if the dealership total monthly sales were low they would dig into the "account" and bring out enough vehicles to show a plus on sales numbers.....and not a sales loss for any particular month. This went on for years.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
So you're saying that they would put a portion of all sales in a kitty and not report them, then, if they were going to be lower than expectations in some following month, they would pull previously unreported sales out of the kitty and record them in that month to make sure they were above target?

Does not surprise me. The big volume dealers rely mainly on manufacturer promotions based on total sales to a large extent, or at least they did when I was familiar with that scene about 15+ years ago.

I was a notoriously hard haggler. Knew I got a good deal on my convertible Mustang when a GM from another dealer told me "I can't touch that deal. If they're really offering to sell you the car for that price, you should buy it." The GM at the dealer I bought from got agitated and said my playing those dealers off against each other "wasn't fair." WTF? The way they would fuck people over 15 ways from sunday and he tells me I'm not fair to him?

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
So you're saying that they would put a portion of all sales in a kitty and not report them, then, if they were going to be lower than expectations in some following month, they would pull previously unreported sales out of the kitty and record them in that month to make sure they were above target?
Correct

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
you would think used prices would be falling but they haven't yet, at least not in my area.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Havre de grace
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Redeye
I bought my Redeye from the Koons Tyson’s in August. I made the deal over the phone and got over $15k off of the sticker. I spoke to Chris who I think is the Internet sales manager.
He was very knowledgeable and straight up.
On the other hand I walked into Chapman’s with $30k cash for a down payment and couldn’t make a deal. Chapman’s at the time had at least 8 Redeyes.

Attachments

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB

I’ll buy a dozen Hellcat’s in the 30’s if they exist. Highly doubtful youre going to find many in the 30’s yet unless they have mega miles. Wholesale dealer only auction prices here are still high 40’s and some 2015’s a month ago were approaching 50k. And that was at a wholesale auction that i attend weekly. Crazy but fact here in the Northeast.

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
Destroyer Gray charger for 55,691.....wonder if there is more wiggle room? I bought my 2017 DG Charger for 59K out the door in Jan 2018 new off the dealer lot. For 50K this would be hard to pass up. Just add stripes it's a 2 year newer car with some new features like the chiller and mine has 14k miles on it. Hmmmm not feeling the new widebody Charger...this could be interesting.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
:(

48F here today...
97F here, I would love some 48F weather. I'm ready for this heat to be over already.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
97F here, I would love some 48F weather. I'm ready for this heat to be over already.

Split it right down the middle and we're golden.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
45 for starters here this morning. It is coming your way! Going to take mine out for a ride this evening with a buddy who has never rode in it yet. We may wait for half-time of the TNF game to assure ourselves it cools off enough outside.