Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Holy CRAP Koons Dodge has 33 Hellcats what the hell are they doing OMG LOL

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Destroyer Gray charger for 55,691.....wonder if there is more wiggle room? I bought my 2017 DG Charger for 59K out the door in Jan 2018 new off the dealer lot. For 50K this would be hard to pass up. Just add stripes it's a 2 year newer car with some new features like the chiller and mine has 14k miles on it. Hmmmm not feeling the new widebody Charger...this could be interesting.
You have to add $1495+$799=2294 back into the price for the destination and doc fee. Yes, Koons is one of those dealers who heavily discounts MSRP (which includes destination), but then adds destination back in as a fee. They still have great pricing though. Other dealers with not so great pricing, I call them out on it. I ask why they are adding destination back in when it was already part of the MSRP they show discounted??? I then follow up with, "why not just reduce your discount and not add the destination back in, it makes you look a lot more trusting and transparent?"

Daman98

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithsburg
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
In the Market
Seems like I have tuned into the weather station. Thanks, how does the weekend look? (y)

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I’ll buy a dozen Hellcat’s in the 30’s if they exist. Highly doubtful youre going to find many in the 30’s yet unless they have mega miles. Wholesale dealer only auction prices here are still high 40’s and some 2015’s a month ago were approaching 50k. And that was at a wholesale auction that i attend weekly. Crazy but fact here in the Northeast.
I saw 2 of them on Cars.com at 39k. One did have 60,xxx miles on it and a manual but it was 39k.
Another was 41k at a used dealer and im sure you could negotiate some off. The cars are almost 5 years old now

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Split it right down the middle and we're golden.
Well that would certainly be ideal but I do prefer colder to warmer.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I saw 2 of them on Cars.com at 39k. One did have 60,xxx miles on it and a manual but it was 39k.
Another was 41k at a used dealer and im sure you could negotiate some off. The cars are almost 5 years old now
60k miles explains a lot. And I'll bet the 41k one had big miles too. Technically you are right though, you saw one in the 30's lol. Although that certainly doesnt represent the typical/average used market values by any means. Add miles and any vehicle value drops below the average. The ones that Ive seen at the wholesale auctions were the polar opposite, very low miles. The average is prob somewhere in between. $45k-ish I'd say.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
When are all those 2016 Hellcat blowout leases expected to be returned? Didn't that happen in Q1 2017? If so, I wonder what that's going to do to the used market early next year. I'm curious what the total number of returns will be.

Member ID
Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
I bought my Redeye from the Koons Tyson’s in August. I made the deal over the phone and got over $15k off of the sticker. I spoke to Chris who I think is the Internet sales manager.
He was very knowledgeable and straight up.
On the other hand I walked into Chapman’s with $30k cash for a down payment and couldn’t make a deal. Chapman’s at the time had at least 8 Redeyes.
Awesome deal

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Consolidation is looming in the car manufacturing world. You are going to see a significant merger soon enough

FCA has been hunting for a partner for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so has Hickster

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
My blowout lease from March 2017 is going back March 2020, with as much as 45,000 miles on it.

Also, it started at 45* this morning here in Buffalo as well. Has been rainy and crappy throughout the day. Tomorrow, low of 38* and a high of 63* on Saturday. it is going to rain for the month of October. Since it'll remain above freezing (for the most part) I won't be putting my snow tires on until after Halloween.

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
You have to add $1495+$799=2294 back into the price for the destination and doc fee. Yes, Koons is one of those dealers who heavily discounts MSRP (which includes destination), but then adds destination back in as a fee. They still have great pricing though. Other dealers with not so great pricing, I call them out on it. I ask why they are adding destination back in when it was already part of the MSRP they show discounted??? I then follow up with, "why not just reduce your discount and not add the destination back in, it makes you look a lot more trusting and transparent?"

I emailed and told them my exact trade situation etc. Told them if the deal made sense for me I'd see em in Va. Offered em 52k. He said they already have the best price in the country and would not be going lower. Although I don't necessarily disagree I told him I bought my 2017 Charger Hellcat for 59K OTD and that was before all the power dollar incentives, and the current climate with Hellcats stacking on lots and the 2020 widebody coming. Told him my 52K offer stands when it's sitting on the lot still to give me a call. :) Your move Koons!!!! 52k would be a helluva a deal but I have no actual need to swap the car.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
I emailed and told them my exact trade situation etc. Told them if the deal made sense for me I'd see em in Va. Offered em 52k. He said they already have the best price in the country and would not be going lower. Although I don't necessarily disagree I told him I bought my 2017 Charger Hellcat for 59K OTD and that was before all the power dollar incentives, and the current climate with Hellcats stacking on lots and the 2020 widebody coming. Told him my 52K offer stands when it's sitting on the lot still to give me a call. :) Your move Koons!!!! 52k would be a helluva a deal but I have no actual need to swap the car.
I'm all about a deal, and some dealers are willing to go below holdback for the sale. But honestly, $52k with the power dollars is completely unreasonable. In fact, it's not even realistic. It'd be like a persona with a $230k house asking $200k just to move it, and you coming in and offering $160k.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
My blowout lease from March 2017 is going back March 2020, with as much as 45,000 miles on it.

Also, it started at 45* this morning here in Buffalo as well. Has been rainy and crappy throughout the day. Tomorrow, low of 38* and a high of 63* on Saturday. it is going to rain for the month of October. Since it'll remain above freezing (for the most part) I won't be putting my snow tires on until after Halloween.
Just curious if you’re getting another when you turn it in? God Bless...Drive that f**ker any chance you get

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm all about a deal, and some dealers are willing to go below holdback for the sale. But honestly, $52k with the power dollars is completely unreasonable. In fact, it's not even realistic. It'd be like a persona with a $230k house asking $200k just to move it, and you coming in and offering $160k.
52K down from 55K totally unreasonable? I don't think so. Also it's a negotiation for a car I don't need. I'd only buy it for a steal. They have at my last counting (don't quote me) 15 or 16 2019 Charger Hellcats inbound and it's damn near 2020 time. 59K OTD on my 72K Charger was unheard of....but it's in the garage.

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
52K down from 55K totally unreasonable? I don't think so. Also it's a negotiation for a car I don't need. I'd only buy it for a steal. They have at my last counting (don't quote me) 15 or 16 2019 Charger Hellcats inbound and it's damn near 2020 time. 59K OTD on my 72K Charger was unheard of....but it's in the garage.
I would never defend dealers and I also try and get the best deal possible. At the end of the day they want to move cars. You made your offer and they said no so obviously it wasn't good enough. I had the same situation on the used Boss 302 I just bought. I made a pretty low ball offer and the salesman let me walk. First time it's ever happened to me. I thought about it for a day and came back 200 below their final offer and we made the deal. I later found out what they bought my car for at auction and they didn't make any money on the deal. Like you said you don't need the car so it probably doesn't matter, but I doubt they will be calling you back especially since you didn't make your offer in person.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #55
Breaking news OMG HOLY SH*# their are actually 225 Hellcats on order per Koons Dodge personal message to me this evening. They are actually a member on the forum and have sent me this info. I asked them if it was ok to share. WOW beyond wow something has to be up BIG I mean HUGE beyond huge if Dodge is wanting to move so many Hellcats. I mean yikes what the hell is on the Horizon of moving Hellcat motors and parts....etc. I have never in all the years of buying cars and I mean unique cars heard of this. Even Corvette dealers I don’t think do this and yeah possible but that’s just a whole different niche. Very interesting which should be a SMOKE SIGNAL I guess to the next big reveal.

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
I would never defend dealers and I also try and get the best deal possible. At the end of the day they want to move cars. You made your offer and they said no so obviously it wasn't good enough. I had the same situation on the used Boss 302 I just bought. I made a pretty low ball offer and the salesman let me walk. First time it's ever happened to me. I thought about it for a day and came back 200 below their final offer and we made the deal. I later found out what they bought my car for at auction and they didn't make any money on the deal. Like you said you don't need the car so it probably doesn't matter, but I doubt they will be calling you back especially since you didn't make your offer in person.
I never make my offers in person and I've bought a lot of cars for very good deals. But everybody has their own techniques. I'm willing to travel for the deal and in this case they are 400 miles away. If you are willing to go nationwide the deals are amazing. That being said the farthest I've ever actually had to travel is 3 hours. I like buying cars. 4 new for me since 2016 (Hellcat, Hellcat, Jeep, Volvo) , two for my parents (Honda, Mercedes), one for my brother (Jeep) and one for my neighbor (Ford truck) in the last year. Working his GT500 now. I always start the conversation via email to assess whether or not you are going to pay attention to detail and what your customer service is like before I waste my own time in person. I normally include specifics about exactly what I want and I'm always willing to order the car. These dudes are offering legitimately the best price in the country right now I'll give em that but this is a unique case in which I'd only do it for basically even money what I'm in now. We shall see. Next is gonna be that C8 Z06 whenever that gets released.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
The Chevy dealer in Manassas has st least 20 Corvettes in the front row. I guess they parked the Camaros somewhere else? Sounds like the same thing going on at that dealer.

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
The Chevy dealer in Manassas has st least 20 Corvettes in the front row. I guess they parked the Camaros somewhere else? Sounds like the same thing going on at that dealer.
There are some big dealers in NC where the end of year Corvette deals are insane every year. I wanna say it one was Hendricks in Raleigh? I've always liked the C7 Z06 but never quite enough to pull the trigger. I always shopped the deals and kept an eye on em though. I can imagine with the C8 that is gonna compound. Great deals out there right now on ZL1 1LEs as well.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
and what the heck is going on here, did they get the lot hit for wheels ? !

View attachment 3530
When I was buying my 1320 there, the salesman told that they get hit for wheels quite a bit. He said that they started installing the factory wheel locks as soon as the cars show up to try and cut down on it.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Breaking news OMG HOLY SH*# their are actually 225 Hellcats on order
I can verify this info ;) Impressive haul