Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR ONESEAT DEMON WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
While the engine block heater is a nice trick to make it a 1of1, get it out of there, it's a couple of lbs in the front that you don't practically need.

Speaking of block heaters, I wonder what ever happened to Buddyg (I believe, on the old site) and his daily/winter driven Demon.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've found the PP very accurate if tire spin isn't involved. Time slip said 9.70 at 140.xx and PP said 9.7 at 143. 0-60 said 2.2, eat that Plaid!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Speaking of block heaters, I wonder what ever happened to Buddyg (I believe, on the old site) and his daily/winter driven Demon.

I saw a bit back that he sold the Demon, other than that, I don't know.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I've found the PP very accurate if tire spin isn't involved. Time slip said 9.70 at 140.xx and PP said 9.7 at 143. 0-60 said 2.2, eat that Plaid!

You have seen the fine print on the Plaid and other Tesla vehicle specs that say that they exclude the first foot of "rollout", right?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
That car was for sale for a while for like 90k and an ass load of miles.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
While the engine block heater is a nice trick to make it a 1of1, get it out of there, it's a couple of lbs in the front that you don't practically need.

I find it funny and surprising at some of the options found on these cars. Sun roofs, leather interior, deluxe stereos...and one seat. I'll have a double cheeseburger large fries and a diet coke. Block heater seams like one of the more reasonable ones if your in Minnesota or some -20 below area. But yea, still not necessary on a 'race' car. Not knocking the car at all Ron, its beautiful, but it does seam surprising that they were even options.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Re block heaters: I ran an oil pan heater on all of my fast stuff(PM, OL10.5,et ..) for the last 20+ years. Pre heating the engine is always a good thing to do before initial start up. So, to me, the block heater is a perfectly logical option to have on a one seat car that might likely live its life either in a trailer or on a dragstrip.

Fwiw Ron - if I'd come across this car before you did it might well live in TN right now. Awesome find IMO! 👏

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I find it funny and surprising at some of the options found on these cars. Sun roofs, leather interior, deluxe stereos...and one seat. I'll have a double cheeseburger large fries and a diet coke. Block heater seams like one of the more reasonable ones if your in Minnesota or some -20 below area. But yea, still not necessary on a 'race' car. Not knocking the car at all Ron, its beautiful, but it does seam surprising that they were even options.
They made 16 one seat cars and Ron has managed to own 2 of them.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
All Canadian Dodges come standard with a block heater. I didn't think Canadian Demon's would, but I pulled up a build sheet for a Canadian Demon VIN and the block heater showed up in the listing.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Jeff Smith runs the NMCA Hemi shootout and he ordered a 1320 with it. He said he got the heater just because it was a cheap option. He lives in Tennessee

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
A friend of us both bought the car and it is in Austin Texas. His name is Tim

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Jeff Smith runs the NMCA Hemi shootout and he ordered a 1320 with it. He said he got the heater just because it was a cheap option. He lives in Tennessee

Re block heaters: I ran an oil pan heater on all of my fast stuff(PM, OL10.5,et ..) for the last 20+ years. Pre heating the engine is always a good thing to do before initial start up. So, to me, the block heater is a perfectly logical option to have on a one seat car that might likely live its life either in a trailer or on a dragstrip.

Fwiw Ron - if I'd come across this car before you did it might well live in TN right now. Awesome find IMO! 👏

I do like the concept of using it as an engine warmer prior to cold start...

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #53
I do like the concept of using it as an engine warmer prior to cold start...
OK, here is my Question for removal, which I do not think I will do. But just in case. Does it go into the bellhousing area, a well in the side of the block or the coolant passage? It looks like it is at the back of the blosk on the Drivers side. I am not interested in draining any coolant to do this. Maybe it is stuck? Another downer is that it is routed under the coolant recovery tank and the wires are encapsulated under some plastic with a super adhesive. So you are not going to just jerk it out of there...........I happened to take pics today while I was.......... 0907210954a.jpg 0907210954b.jpg

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
OK, here is my Question for removal, which I do not think I will do. But just in case. Does it go into the bellhousing area, a well in the side of the block or the coolant passage? It looks like it is at the back of the blosk on the Drivers side. I am not interested in draining any coolant to do this. Maybe it is stuck> Another downer is it is routed under the coolant recovery tank and the wires are encapsulated under some plastic with a super adhesive. So you are not going to just jerk it out of there...........I happened to take pics today while I was.......... View attachment 53049 View attachment 53050
Nice conversation piece, leave it on:)

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #55
Well, Yes, And no. One reason I bought this car is because I had called the Consierge and I was told the crate was never ordered and I should be able to get one. She said that the Crate orders were on hold right now. I assumed because of covid or the chip shortage. Today I called and gave my info and was told something different. Although Covid and the Chip shortage might be a factor she said there were other things. I was told that only so many crates will be built and I think she said they are making a list of names of owners that want one and maybe at one point they will do another run. I bet this will be it. So if I do get one I might have just got in under the wire so to speak.

Just to be sure I ordered the Crate PCM and the Center Stack with the HO button and I was shocked to be told today that BOTH are shown to be available to Demon Owners. In fact if everything goes right I may have tracking on Thursday. I have my favorite mail order parts guy that I get all my airbag bypass harness parts from. Jeremy, Internet Parts sales at Chrysler Jeep Dodge City of McKinney

https://parts.chryslerjeepdodgecityofmckinney.com/

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Being from Florida, I have no comment at this time. But could change around 9 pm. Open mike.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
OK, here is my Question for removal, which I do not think I will do. But just in case. Does it go into the bellhousing area, a well in the side of the block or the coolant passage? It looks like it is at the back of the blosk on the Drivers side. I am not interested in draining any coolant to do this. Maybe it is stuck? Another downer is that it is routed under the coolant recovery tank and the wires are encapsulated under some plastic with a super adhesive. So you are not going to just jerk it out of there...........I happened to take pics today while I was.......... View attachment 53049 View attachment 53050
This is what it looks like in whole ...

d968e41ae69fb2c883c19a54f51e44b4.JPG

I don't think it's the coolant/frost plug type, but just metal on metal heater.

Unless that spot is just normally open without a cover? Maybe someone here who might have their Challenger up on a lift can look at the same spot to see if they just have an empty hole there?

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
on second thought, that cylinder looks aluminum. Chances are, if it's a snug fit, it ain't coming out without a fight, if at all.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
OK, here is my Question for removal, which I do not think I will do. But just in case. Does it go into the bellhousing area, a well in the side of the block or the coolant passage? It looks like it is at the back of the blosk on the Drivers side. I am not interested in draining any coolant to do this. Maybe it is stuck? Another downer is that it is routed under the coolant recovery tank and the wires are encapsulated under some plastic with a super adhesive. So you are not going to just jerk it out of there...........I happened to take pics today while I was.......... View attachment 53049 View attachment 53050
It doesn't go into the water jacket at all. It is just a cast in hole that it goes into. So you can remove it easily.

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Just run it