Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR ONESEAT DEMON WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #21
You ever afraid that floor jack might hop off the wall in the trailer and smack the car? Maybe there's a strap or something I can't see (I love the trailer, BTW).
It is hanging on 2 HD J hooks. The Axle nestles right into them. Also you cannot get it out without closing the valve and jacking the cradle up about 2 inches. I do open the valve and collaps the cradle because the car mirror comes right through there at exactly that height. Note the cradle is padded for those times I am really tired. Yes it has a strap around it to keep it from swinging outward on hard corners !

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
That tells all. I had the dealership take mine off after it sat on the show room floor for a week, electric fence installed by Hickster Electric Cuncusion Inc, it came in a month early. I got a check from the dealer for $200 for tinting the winders.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Where is all this "all Demons are 150K!" business that periodically gets bandied about? That's an awesome ride at a fair price. Especially during the Great Chip Shortage.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Congrats, now you need to change your signature!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Wow - congrats Ron! If the car is a long term keeper the Demon is a great choice, I really see it as a significant car of its time, much like the Buick GNX was back in the late '80s.

I bet with all the miles(that is not a lot!) it will actually run really strong. Vipers are famous for "running in" and getting faster with miles, and I've always felt like my Mopars have run faster over time. My redeye almost went a personal best in the summer heat with no car prep a few Fridays ago! This fall will be fun.

Love the Torred, it is very eye-catching! The banana...you know what to do ;)

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #27
Fixed. 0904211709_HDR.jpg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Again,,,,, nice car. Good job with your efforts.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Congrats Ron.
Did you get the crate with it?

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
WTG @DRAGRCR !:cool:

Very Cool Ron, Good For You! :cool:

Congrats and Enjoy All The Fasssst Fun!:cool:

Linda :)

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Congrats on the new toy Ron. Prettiest one yet. :)(y)

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #32
OK, I think the car sat outside and was neglected at one point. There was bird crap in the foam insert that is under the trunk floor next to the battery. So it probably had a bad battery at one point and sat with the insert exposed to the elements.There are spider webs underneath. And, I don't think the splitter guard was ever removed. It is sun checked on the whole area that wraps around the splitter. Also the Push pins were some of the most difficult I have ever had to remove. That Guy probably had the money and bought the car and just drove it until it quit and then it probably just sat. I wonder if he passed away or something. I am going to try and track him down and find out..........

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #33
Well that came out of left field. Congrats on the new to you Demon.
This will be interesting to follow along and see if the Demon will post up a quicker time
with the same tire/wheel combo
I'm thinking yes based just on the slightly lighter weight.
Unfortunately the Demon will be slower. I talked about this and did a time slip comparasin in my Super Stock thread. My Super Stock ran 10.02 at the Rock in quite a bit positive DA and the Demon would have never done that on the 808 tune................This car felt real strong on the Butt Dyno on my test drive but I was at sea level and it was cool. The But Dyno is many times wrong. So lets wait to get some slips from this thing and then I will have an idea. Unfortunately my first runs will be Friday in Vegas and the DA there is terrible....... 10.02 ROCK.jpg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Congrats on another one Ron. You change cars like I change underwear LOL. Curious what you find out on the original owner.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #35
I never look at the performance pages, the times and boost, graphs etc. I have no interest in that stuff. I was surprised when the sales guy called me today and said that the best time set in the Super Stock was a 9.9 sec. Hmmmmmmm, I had no idea that shit was that accurate. Wow.

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Ha Ha. I never looked either.
I did keep track of the top speed and reset it often.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I never look at the performance pages, the times and boost, graphs etc. I have no interest in that stuff. I was surprised when the sales guy called me today and said that the best time set in the Super Stock was a 9.9 sec. Hmmmmmmm, I had no idea that shit was that accurate. Wow.
yep it is and is stored in there:)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I found that it was alright for the most part. There was one eighth of a mile I clocked that was patently impossible, so I just disregarded that one. but for the most part they were pretty accurate. I never even looked at the silly hp, ft/lb, etc.... graphs. I don't drive fast looking at the center stack and it was so badly set up you'd have to look for more than half a second to make sense of it (at least to me).

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
OK, I think the car sat outside and was neglected at one point. There was bird crap in the foam insert that is under the trunk floor next to the battery. So it probably had a bad battery at one point and sat with the insert exposed to the elements.There are spider webs underneath. And, I don't think the splitter guard was ever removed. It is sun checked on the whole area that wraps around the splitter. Also the Push pins were some of the most difficult I have ever had to remove. That Guy probably had the money and bought the car and just drove it until it quit and then it probably just sat. I wonder if he passed away or something. I am going to try and track him down and find out..........
Could've been stored in a barn or some other building (or hanger I guess) with birds in the rafters. Probably pulled the battery for when he stored it, would be my guess.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
While the engine block heater is a nice trick to make it a 1of1, get it out of there, it's a couple of lbs in the front that you don't practically need.