Welcome to the #1 Dodge Hellcat Forum and Hellcat community dedicated to Hellcat owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hellcat Forum today!

What do you think of your Redeye?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbiana
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I love my Redeye. Overall a more refined Hellcat. I've had another local person tell me the same, we both agreed and like whatever Dodge did with the A8 trans tune/shift points in the Redeye. Dodge took something great and made it even better! The fit and finish of all my panels line up a lot better than my 15's did as well. These cars will run mid 10s on just a tire and pump gas, whats not to like! The killer chiller and line lock are also some awesome features that I have used several times. The exhaust seems to have a different tone to it, and sounds louder imo as well. The supercharger whine is more pronounced imo too (likely because of the intake change). Dodge did a great thing by also giving us a base version and letting us add the options we really want to buy. As much as I enjoyed the Harmon Kardon, I don't miss it for the extra cost and weight. My Redeye is for 1/4 mile duty and I had no intention of putting any extra weight on it than I needed to. Speaking of love the rear seat delete option too! I never used the back seat anyway for anything but my race gear, which I still do with the cargo net. Lastly I know the hood is a bit controversial with some, I really like the old hood too. That said the vents on the old hood always got water down in them while washing the car and the new hood prevents a lot of that. Keeping things a bit cleaning inside.
I like the old hood personally. For the looks but more importantly for the functionality..Heat reduction with the heat extractors. After parking I can feel the heat escaping through the extractors (vents). How much hotter is your RE running now or how much heat is not able to escape. Heat is the enemy! Guess only time will tell.

coolblue

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2009 SRT
I like the old hood personally. For the looks but more importantly for the functionality..Heat reduction with the heat extractors. After parking I can feel the heat escaping through the extractors (vents). How much hotter is your RE running now or how much heat is not able to escape. Heat is the enemy! Guess only time will tell.
Racers trick:
Remove the cowl rubber strip by the windshield area. That way no matter what hood you have the heat and some pressure are released. ;)
Never understood what that thing is there for any way. Serves no purpose. There's a generous valley/hill cast into the plastic cowl cover by the windshield wiper area making it impossible for water to get on engine/ wiring anyway.
It was one of the first things I removed on my car.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbiana
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Racers trick:
Remove the cowl rubber strip by the windshield area. That way no matter what hood you have the heat and some pressure are released. ;)
Never understood what that thing is there for any way. Serves no purpose. There's a generous valley/hill cast into the plastic cowl cover by the windshield wiper area making it impossible for water to get on engine/ wiring anyway.
It was one of the first things I removed on my car.
I’ll look into it. Thanks!

MaxCarnage

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
19' Redeye
Dodge went to the new hood for a reason, pulls more air in, makes more power. The intake on the Redeye alone is giant compared to that of the Hellcats. As far as heat I have 2 simple options, after run cool down and killer chiller. Both of which work far faster and better than the heat extractors on the older hood.

Confuzed1

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kenosha
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Hellcat Redeye Challenger
I'm thinking more and more of my new Redeye. I'm still getting the break-in miles out of the way, and at 489 miles....I couldn't help it...I tromped it hard for the first time and WOW...it delivered!! This thing is "off the chain"! Personally, I think the whole package is tuned much more aggressively,