Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What do you think of your Redeye?

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thanks to all. This is a great thread. For those of us who are back in the market (for another Challenger), it's nice to hear how this new model / trim line is being received. However, there are always two sides to every coin. I know it's a great car, but if you could change anything (ordered differently), what would that be?
I wouldn't change a thing. I'd order one today, exactly like I ordered it last October. I do however wish it had the Demon's drag mode and the optional demon crate. I'd pay extra for it!

DFW_Redeye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
I love my RE and the HK audio system as well as sunroof are icing on the cake :) My only gripe is that I wish there was more badging/graphics to denote this as a Redeye. I want the world to know!!! :ROFLMAO:

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #43
I love my RE and the HK audio system as well as sunroof are icing on the cake :) My only gripe is that I wish there was more badging/graphics to denote this as a Redeye. I want the world to know!!! :ROFLMAO:
Just let it run C. They will hear it clear enough.

JustForFun

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muscleville
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
It's shown on my display poster I got from RAYZAZOO on the other forum.
I'll send Ray a PM and ask where he got those values and report back ASAP.
Nevermind dude. I did some research and looked at the posts that Ray made after you mentioned it here. I then went to the SAE site and found the actual dyno results that certified the Redeye motor back on 4/13/2018.

I have attached that file here for everyone to see. It cost me $50, so enjoy everyone. Consider it my little good deed for the day.:)

I guess 797 and 801 HP should be changed when talking about the Redeye motor.......to 812 HP (as measured)!!!!

WOW! Underrated?

JFF

Attachments

DFW_Redeye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Nevermind dude. I did some research and looked at the posts that Ray made after you mentioned it here. I then went to the SAE site and found the actual dyno results that certified the Redeye motor back on 4/13/2018.

I have attached that file here for everyone to see. It cost me $50, so enjoy everyone. Consider it my little good deed for the day.:)

I guess 797 and 801 HP should be changed when talking about the Redeye motor.......to 812 HP (as measured)!!!!

WOW! Underrated?

JFF
Wow thanks for the generosity!!!! No good deed goes unpunished!

1568747508370.png

JustForFun

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muscleville
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Here is the one thing I don't quite understand on that SAE document. It says that the test date was 3-21-2017 in two different places. Yet it wasn't officially signed off on until 4/13/2018 - over a year later by Gerard and Matthew?

I am wondering if they used the original Demon test form / dates (3/21/2017) and then substituted the new Redeye HO figures and then Gerard and Matthew signed it in April of 2018. Would it be possible the 2017 date was an error?

JFF

Last edited:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

WOW! Underrated?

JFF
You didn't have to pay the $50 bucks you could have just previewed it and took a screen shot. Not a big deal did you know the 2019 Hellcats measured 745hp and were rated 717hp?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Here is the one thing I don't quite understand on that SAE document. It says that the test date was 3-21-2017 in two different places. Yet it wasn't officially signed off on until 4/13/2018 - over a year later by Gerard and Matthew?

I am wondering if they used the original Demon test form / dates (3/21/2017) and then substituted the new Redeye HO figures and then Gerard and Matthew signed it in April of 2018. Would it be possible the 2017 date was an error?

JFF
No it just proves that there was no testing to be done because it had already been done Demon motor and Redeye motor are the exact same FCA made it 797 to not get Demon owners butthurt.

JustForFun

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muscleville
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
You didn't have to pay the $50 bucks you could have just previewed it and took a screen shot. Not a big deal did you know the 2019 Hellcats measured 745hp and were rated 717hp?
For some silly reason, there was NO preview button for me. I did get a preview button on another one I was looking at, but not this one for some reason. I wanted to print and frame it anyway to hang with my Window sticker. I'm weird like that. LOL

JFF

JustForFun

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muscleville
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
No it just proves that there was no testing to be done because it had already been done Demon motor and Redeye motor are the exact same FCA made it 797 to not get Demon owners butthurt.
Yeah - that is what I am saying. Since they are using the very same motor as the Demon (we all know this) - it simply looks like they took the completed Demon sheet they did in 2017, changed the model year box information, and then added new signatures from 2018. Not also changing the previous 2017 date truly indicates (at least to me), that they didn't even bother themselves with redoing the tests! LOL

It even states, "the engine described herein was tested on March 21st, 2017"

JFF

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Eyes aren't red enough. Like Bulls.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

Rollieman

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hamilton
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock

WOW! Underrated?

JFF
Good work JFF, thank you for doing that ! (y)

And YES 812 made my day !!!

I found this which is interesting: "Engine makers are free to cite power and torque figures derived from testing conducted outside the scope of the SAE standards, but they MAY NOT claim the figures that are SAE-certified."

Last edited:

71SixPack

Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Elizabeth
State
CO
Country
United States
Just back home from a week trip in our Widebody Redeye. Left home with less than 500 miles on the odometer. Now have north of 26xx miles on the car. The WBRE has to be the best road car I’ve ever driven. Firm ride but comfortable. Great user interface. Enjoyed the HK sound system and driver conveniences. Cruising at 70-ish mph got 21.6 mpg. Of course plenty of power on tap when needed.
Trip was to the Midwest. Had to hit the car wash every night to get bugs off the front. Ugh. Pressure washer and rinse only. Microfiber towel for drying. Got to know the car well. The fit and finish are great. Oh the front bumper is wrapped and it has a good coat of wax which helped.
Did use the Navigation. It’s OK but seems to get confused with multiple choice triangular intersections. Also seems limited on towns and addresses when trying to set destinations. I’ll try Apple car play and google maps next trip.
Only had one issue. Leaving a steep driveway I scraped the front splitter. That in turn finished the job of breaking the already cracked splitter support underneath which was quickly ground down on the pavement. Had to perform a parking lot repair with gorilla tape. I’ve already ordered replacement parts. My mistake I thought it being cracked between two access holes wasn’t a big deal. Must have been more damage than I saw. Figure that was shipping damage. Oh well.
Side note: The ZL1 add-ons rock guards and side splitters worked well and kept the rocks off the sides.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Good job. I did the same thing last year when I had 10 miles on the H/C. Went to Atlanta and back and immediately had the oil changed. They say to wait till 6 months or 18,000 miles or what ever, but I did not want any surprises with shavings. Had it changed the next day I got back to Florida. Heavy great driving and riding car. Oh, got 22 mpg, 6 speed.

71SixPack

Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Elizabeth
State
CO
Country
United States
Also, the car sat for months so I had the dealership change oil before I took delivery. I just checked oil level. Just below full mark.

DFW_Redeye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yup, i concur. I purchased my WBRE as a Christmas present to myself! I bought in Minnesota and drove to Dallas. Took me 2 days and exactly 1,000 miles. The car behaved masterfully and I was also able to use the seat and steering wheel warmers! I believe @DGatzby mentioned in the past that after a day of road racing, his catch can only had a couple tablespoons. These motors are STOUT!

71SixPack

Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Elizabeth
State
CO
Country
United States
Also, the car sat for months so I had the dealership change oil before I took delivery. I just checked oil level. Just below full mark.
Car yesterday evening after we unloaded. Lots of bugs and dirt. It’s all cleaned up and resting now.
IMG_1648.JPG

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #59
Yup, i concur. I purchased my WBRE as a Christmas present to myself! I bought in Minnesota and drove to Dallas. Took me 2 days and exactly 1,000 miles. The car behaved masterfully and I was also able to use the seat and steering wheel warmers! I believe @DGatzby mentioned in the past that after a day of road racing, his catch can only had a couple tablespoons. These motors are STOUT!
True brothers, catch can has been on for about 2000 miles and one track day, maybe two teaspoons caught so far.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #60

WOW! Underrated?

JFF
JFF we owe you, thanks for ordering the reprint AND sharing. It is in my vehicle file. Makes a real nice addition to the car files.