Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What car would ever make you ever consider trading in the Hellcat?

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I love the simple “turbo” badge on the porches. I have allot of respect for the fast ones. They are amazing cars.

Would love to drive one sometime. Problem is if I drive one it’s probably gonna be an expensive ride. Lol

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Rebadge as SXT

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
imagine all the sxt guys switching badges with hellcats haha, would make for some fun against the vette guys when they wonder how they just got curb stomped by a v6.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I love the simple “turbo” badge on the porches. I have allot of respect for the fast ones. They are amazing cars.

Would love to drive one sometime. Problem is if I drive one it’s probably gonna be an expensive ride. Lol
rent one on turo, you could probably get in a turbo or gt for a couple hundred bucks, or just make friends with a guy with one haha.

Triple707

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pewaukee
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Let’s not fire up the cause again, but the only thing I maybe would consider to replace my ‘18 A8 Widebody is a 6spd version of the same.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Okay, I came across a car that would probably be as fun as the Challenger; The Flyin' Miata.

Basically, it's a Miata (which I'm not a fan of) with an LS3 engine. That's over 500 hp in something that probably weighs well under 3,000 lbs.
Best of all, it looks just as lame as a stock Miata.

In an ideal world that engine would be in the (slightly) better looking Fiat 124 instead.

Member ID
Reactions
City
K
State
IA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
I wouldn't trade my cat for anything on the road at this time. I grew up in the 60's and always wanted a Challenger but couldn't afford it.....cause they were new....had to settle for a used bowtie....67 Impala 2dr. I'm retired now and love this car!!!

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
The only way I would debadge would be to rebadge with a simple ? badge in place of it. But logistically I know that would invoke a massive inquest like "I guts to know factor" attracting anything with an engine wheels. that would be interesting for about a day. Then swap back because every nut out there would be testing the waters to find out

Back to the real posting question. I would trade if a hellaphant was made available, in same platform, imagine150 pounds off the snout.
with more power. Oh' and throw in some carbon fiber for added bonus making it even lighter, and more demon squat and go. It would be stiffer and lighter. would I exude all levels of greed for wanting stronger rear end that is narrowed with a slightly wider wheel tub. They probably already have screwed it together and played with it at Chelsea proving grounds. who could tell the difference It would look the part of a typical cat with more grunt and lighter. I would also consider new C8 when bigger engine is out. Then I would realize what I traded away. Big roomy grand touring, does most everything well, and several things exceptionally well. Then say what the heck did I just do. And most likely go back

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Miata, piece of crap. Bro owned one and crap. Bro thought it was a massive beast of a car. Ex wife owned a MR2,,, crap. Traded my twin turbo Supra in during a week of fisin in da keys. Bad news. Good reason for a divorce Damn good one..

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Okay, I came across a car that would probably be as fun as the Challenger; The Flyin' Miata.

Basically, it's a Miata (which I'm not a fan of) with an LS3 engine. That's over 500 hp in something that probably weighs well under 3,000 lbs.
Best of all, it looks just as lame as a stock Miata.

In an ideal world that engine would be in the (slightly) better looking Fiat 124 instead.

Traction-challenged now? Those are smoke machines unless they're set up just right.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Traction-challenged now? Those are smoke machines unless they're set up just right.
Oh, I've had other light cars with a fair amount of power, so traction isn't the only way I'm challenged.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Miata, piece of crap. Bro owned one and crap. Bro thought it was a massive beast of a car. Ex wife owned a MR2,,, crap. Traded my twin turbo Supra in during a week of fisin in da keys. Bad news. Good reason for a divorce Damn good one..
supra train! got rid of my eclipse gsx for a twin turbo supra then got rid of it for a lame g37 then went to the hc. supra attracts a ridiculous amount of attention, maybe it was the f&f paint job but those are damn beautiful machines.

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
supra attracts a ridiculous amount of attention...
That's the beauty of a Miata. Other than certain men, nobody notices them.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
That's the beauty of a Miata. Other than certain men, nobody notices them.
this is true.