Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What car would ever make you ever consider trading in the Hellcat?

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I’ve beat more porches on the street than I can count on 2 hands. And they are the most butt hurt when losing. Always love it when they have race track stickers and all kinda big graphic packages and Christmas ornaments on it.

They are the most common users of the excuse that I could do circles around your car. So convenient to say when you got gapped.

Now a modded porche with about 60k - 100k dropped in it. That’s a different story. Be careful and know your cars.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
autocorrect, but there are some nice sounding straight 6s by bmw, but yes it's a flat 6.
Yeah. Auto-correct owns me a lot. LOL.

Speaking of BMW and in-line 6... I have a track-rat friend and he’s got an M2... nice sounding machine.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
no that is true, but I can say a v8 will just never sound like a v10 or v12, the e60 m5 with a proper exhaust literally sounds like an f1 car, when it comes to sound I take the engine for what it is, yes a v8 will be louder and sound better than a 6 but a proper v10 will sound better, and in the order of succession a v12 will sound even better, however for cost efficiency I think the v8 is the sweet spot, very hard to find 10s and 12s with the new epa regs on new cars, I think the only attainable v10 was in the m5/m6 in the mid to late 2000s and even then that was circa 90k adjusted for inflation.
Well you can get a used viper Srt10... a lot of great posts here, very interesting. I agree with many and have thought the same ways.. I’d trade my 19 Charger hellcat for... SRT10/ACR viper.. ford gt.. new ZR1. An exotic.. like a Gt2rs or a new Huracon EVO.. a 812 Superfast.. or select other cars. Like a black series Mercedes or a Mcclaren.. or something wild like a Nobel. Basically a lot of cars I can’t afford atm haha. But in a couple years when the cat is paid off. Considering a used SRT10 viper.. always wanted one since I first saw the gen 2 and GTS when I was a kid.

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I’ve beat more porches on the street than I can count on 2 hands. And they are the most butt hurt when losing. Always love it when they have race track stickers and all kinda big graphic packages and Christmas ornaments on it.

Now a modded porche with about 60k - 100k dropped in it. That’s a different story. Be careful and know your cars.
True, you should know your cars. A stock 911 Turbo S beats a Hellcat in 0-60, which seems common on the street. And a debadged (by delete option) one could easily fool many.

And as usual, the more stickers and badges, the lesser the vehicle usually is.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Well you can get a used viper Srt10... a lot of great posts here, very interesting. I agree with many and have thought the same ways.. I’d trade my 19 Charger hellcat for... SRT10/ACR viper.. ford gt.. new ZR1. An exotic.. like a Gt2rs or a new Huracon EVO.. a 812 Superfast.. or select other cars. Like a black series Mercedes or a Mcclaren.. or something wild like a Nobel. Basically a lot of cars I can’t afford atm haha. But in a couple years when the cat is paid off. Considering a used SRT10 viper.. always wanted one since I first saw the gen 2 and GTS when I was a kid.
But see, this is what I'm talking about. Even new, the Charger is still cheaper than nearly all those you mention... and I know this is not the topic, but I have to say bang for the buck is always a factor for me. I just can't see giving up what I think of as one of the best bang for the buck cars in the world for something not nearly as all-around capable. But then, that was my logic for supercharging my GTO too. For what I put into it there was nothing in that price range that could mess with it, and it would handily spank things costing 3 and 4 times as much. But if we're looking at it from a cost is not a factor - I'd pick up a Bugatti Veyron.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That's part of the beauty of the Challenger, I think. It doesn't look expensive or exotic (and isn't), but still kicks butt.
Frankly, I wouldn't want a Veyron. I can drive my Challenger in more places, much more under the radar, and not have to worry nearly as much about what might happen to it.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I'd love to have a Ferrari F40 - but dread the upkeep and I'll be damned if you can find spare parts. This Challenger? There will be lots of them in the yards over the next 20 years. It is the "practical" choice.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
It is the "practical" choice.
Yes, "practical" is the word I should've used in my post.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
That's part of the beauty of the Challenger, I think. It doesn't look expensive or exotic (and isn't), but still kicks butt.
Frankly, I wouldn't want a Veyron. I can drive my Challenger in more places, much more under the radar, and not have to worry nearly as much about what might happen to it.
You mean like this?

lol, or this?

lol, or this (nice they have hay bails to keep you from wrapping the car around a tree....

I wouldn't take my Charger HC there (except maybe for the grass donuts and other stuff). I did take the SC GTO down a 4 mile long washed out canyon following a girl in a jeep once. lol, what can I say?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
You mean like this?

I wouldn't take my Charger HC there (except maybe for the grass donuts and other stuff). I did take the SC GTO down a 4 mile long washed out canyon following a girl in a jeep once. lol, what can I say?
Like that, kinda. I've taken many cars places they shouldn't be. But there was usually nobody around.
I wouldn't mind driving a Veyron as long as nobody saw me in it. Actually, as long as nobody saw it.

Right or wrong, I prefer to stay low key. I'm slowly getting my girlfriend to see things that way, too.
At first she was a bit miffed when she noticed that I had checked the delete badge option on her new 911, so it does look (to the untrained eye) like a pedestrian 911.

Once I explained that it's still every bit as fast without it saying "Turbo S" in the rear, and that nothing good can come out of advertising what it is, she agreed.
Then again, she hasn't let me debadge her Redeye, and gave me crap for taking the badges off of my Hellcat.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I'd love to have a Ferrari F40 - but dread the upkeep and I'll be damned if you can find spare parts. This Challenger? There will be lots of them in the yards over the next 20 years. It is the "practical" choice.
The nearest Ferrari or Lambo dealer is over the boarder in Toronto..or 240 miles south in Pittsburg...not my idea of a weekend getaway waitin for my car to get serviced...plus the outrageous cost of normal maint..no thanks...don't get me wrong I appreciate them...just not for me...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
totally blanked on the viper, yeah those are great sounding as well.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Yeah. Auto-correct owns me a lot. LOL.

Speaking of BMW and in-line 6... I have a track-rat friend and he’s got an M2... nice sounding machine.
you win some you lose some, autocorrect makes us all look stupid sometimes!

but yeah the m2 is a track monster and sounds great, the x3M and m40i are probably the nicest sounding crossovers I have ever heard.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Like that, kinda. I've taken many cars places they shouldn't be. But there was usually nobody around.
I wouldn't mind driving a Veyron as long as nobody saw me in it. Actually, as long as nobody saw it.

Right or wrong, I prefer to stay low key. I'm slowly getting my girlfriend to see things that way, too.
At first she was a bit miffed when she noticed that I had checked the delete badge option on her new 911, so it does look (to the untrained eye) like a pedestrian 911.

Once I explained that it's still every bit as fast without it saying "Turbo S" in the rear, and that nothing good can come out of advertising what it is, she agreed.
Then again, she hasn't let me debadge her Redeye, and gave me crap for taking the badges off of my Hellcat.
eh most people are gonna see it as a Porsche regardless of the badge, the whole badge delete thing in Germany has to do with how engines are perceived, bigger is bad over there. and deleting the badge makes it easier to keep clean.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

They are the most common users of the excuse that I could do circles around your car. So convenient to say when you got gapped.

Porsche is known as a track car gt2,gt3, etc. etc. but those turbo cars are nasty, and from a dig awd and pdk rips off the line, I'm not messing with a gt or turbo car stoplight to stoplight, they can battle the hc where it shines on the highway.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
The nearest Ferrari or Lambo dealer is over the boarder in Toronto..or 240 miles south in Pittsburg...not my idea of a weekend getaway waitin for my car to get serviced...plus the outrageous cost of normal maint..no thanks...don't get me wrong I appreciate them...just not for me...
We actually have a Lamborghini in our small town - I still can't figure out how he maintains it (he owns a small pizza shop FFS). Maybe he goes to Montreal 2.5hrs away?

We do have a Porsche dealer in Ottawa proper.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Also, the Porsche Agate Gray is darn near identical to our Granite, both of which really helps with the stealth factor. View attachment 6112
WOW. That is a nice car. I'm not a Porsche guy whatsoever and I know the hardcore "bug eyed" 911 Porsche fans don't even like these models (built on diff platform? I dk like I said not a Porsche guy). But that is the whole package; simple,classy, sporty and pretty.

Last edited:

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
A flying George Jetson mobile would be about it.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
eh most people are gonna see it as a Porsche regardless of the badge, the whole badge delete thing in Germany has to do with how engines are perceived, bigger is bad over there. and deleting the badge makes it easier to keep clean.
Oh, it's still obvious that it's a Porsche, and that much it still says on the back.
What it doesn't say is if it's $97,400 or $190,700 (plus any options) 911.

It's basically the same thing as that I'd be tempted to put V6 badges on my Challenger, if the base model had them.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Oh, it's still obvious that it's a Porsche, and that much it still says on the back.
What it doesn't say is if it's $97,400 or $190,700 (plus any options) 911.

It's basically the same thing as that I'd be tempted to put V6 badges on my Challenger, if the base model had them.
ok thats going too far 🤣🤣🤣🤣 in regards to down badging lol, but yeah nothing wrong with badge deletes.

however I will say most people won't know the difference between a turbo, a gt3 rs, carrera, etc. etc. let alone the difference in price, so really you are just avoiding attention from the enthuasists which may or may not be a bad thing, you will probably avoid people trying to egg you on in a race.

For me personally though I could honestly give 2 fks about a badge, I won't flex it but I won't hide it either, have never done a badge delete on a car yet but I see the logic behind it.