Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What car would ever make you ever consider trading in the Hellcat?

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
Well, I JUST got mine, so hard to say, so far, nothing comes to mind...but gimme two years!! :whistle::whistle:

Member ID
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Hellcat? A Redeye demonized CHALLENGER.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Plan to keep the Hellcat but if I had to trade it, it would only be for an exotic or a Corvette ZR1.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Duesenberg model J, or a '48 Tucker. Since the are both multi million dollar cars, looks like I am "stuck" with the Hellcat for now.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Like I said earlier the RE stays. But since that don't make the thread fun, I am saving for either one of the better Vette models, I think they are going to rock the world. Or if I could find a good deal on a Viper ACR. That might be less expensive. But damn, these Porsche machines are expensive, but look real fun doing anything! This one won't be far behind the electric shit to 60, then I'll bet quickly after 60, it says c-ya. They have better but it won't be a slouch turning on a track either.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a29728033/2020-porsche-911-turbo-s-horsepower-news/

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Realistically, I should probably start looking for something that doesn't require a drivers license to operate.
It's really only a matter of time before I get caught doing triple digits on the 55 mph roads around here.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Lambo or just Bo herself ,,, and or a 1975 Pan tera. Or I could trade my 1.8 liter Nissan composite with drag bars and hood pins. Took em off one of my girl friends. Very lucky for all. She got married and didn't need em any moe. She was fast. Other than that I wood wreck it. Stick with what I don't have. Going to church tomorrow. See if the per missioner has a faster auto.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Realistically, I should probably start looking for something that doesn't require a drivers license to operate.
It's really only a matter of time before I get caught doing triple digits on the 55 mph roads around here.
When I was down there for a year, I believe I saw much more aggressive speed enforcement than around here or Iowa.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Traded my '15 HC for a '19 RE HC....not too interested in exotics since I can't afford them anyway....
IMG_1004.JPG IMG_1079.JPG

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Like I said earlier the RE stays. But since that don't make the thread fun, I am saving for either one of the better Vette models, I think they are going to rock the world. Or if I could find a good deal on a Viper ACR. That might be less expensive. But damn, these Porsche machines are expensive, but look real fun doing anything! This one won't be far behind the electric shit to 60, then I'll bet quickly after 60, it says c-ya. They have better but it won't be a slouch turning on a track either.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a29728033/2020-porsche-911-turbo-s-horsepower-news/
I was behind a 911 yesterday...it was a turbo with a modified exhaust...annoying as hell

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I was behind a 911 yesterday...it was a turbo with a modified exhaust...annoying as hell
I appreciate the exotic offerings...but would NOT trade my HC for one...my HC is like an old pair of slippers...they fit perfect

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
When I was down there for a year, I believe I saw much more aggressive speed enforcement than around here or Iowa.
On average, I probably see one cop per 100 miles around here. And somewhat frequently we're both going over a hundred, just in opposite directions.

It's a cat and mouse game I don't really mind, and apparently they don't either. As long as I have my Valentine Ones, that is.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I don't know if I wood put it that way, but. As of a truth come out a couple of ages ago. I have just received my licenses back for 3rd time in the past 2 years. Amazing. Not having a ticket or accidentfor over 25 years. Insurance payments down to nothing. What had happened in the 1st case. Wrong place , wrong time, wrong mini van. Stop light, foot slipted off the clutch on the beautiful mid night blue vette at a stop. Lady jumped out of the $1,500 minivan and started yelling 911. I bumped her mini plastic bumper. No damaged,, yea her. They thought why would a $150,000 vette be in S St. Pete,,, me either. I was lost. Next thing car parked, my ass in an ambulance, 3 days later waking up in the hospital. Nothing wrong, except they wanted to run all my insurances up. A year later got a letter from the Dept of Fl Auto Dept. Wanting to know if I was mentally able to operate a vehicle. ^ months wit no license, 3 doctors, and all the transcripts from the hospital. I received tem back. This has happened to me 2 more times in the past 2 years. Did not have anything to do with alcohol, drugs, and or other autos. When you get into this spatic mode of the DMV then it is hell to get em back. I watched individuals with walkers get there license's faster tan I have and the $$$ is a rip. I was working on my car and the accelerator got stuck, went thru the garage door, hit the retaining wall in my own yard no one involved. Put me in jail for 3 days, towed my car ,took my license, $200 ticket, go to scool, and forgot therest. In my own yard, my garage, my own car. Figure that one out. Thejudge laughed thru his Rueben Sammy. Drivers tests, eye exams, license disloved until paid my way out. Don't get one of these,,, says the Hickster. Hell Cat Ha, not even a 2nd look.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
911 turbo comfortable as hell, god damn fast as fk too, best part is it's such an unassuming, it's like a hellcat minus the exhaust very unassuming(most people don't know between a sxt/rt/scat/hc except for the badging), most people wouldn't bat an eye and you stay under the radar of cops too, straight 6 sounds nice not very loud unless modded, I would love to dd one bc awd and hides well among traffic.

I find proper straight 6s, all v8s, and v10s/v12s sound awesome, its those fkn rice burner 4 cylindes that are annoying asf.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
911s have a flat-6, not straight-6

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
The sound from the six cylinder just will NOT be what we have, ever. My buddy who owns several of them drove my Redeye this summer. He immediately loved the sounds from the RE, and quickly remembered how kool the V8 sounded from when we were younger and he had one (455 in a GTO). He was also impressed a car that weighed a bunch with both of us in it was accelerating so well.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
911 turbo comfortable as hell, god damn fast as fk too, best part is it's such an unassuming, it's like a hellcat minus the exhaust very unassuming(most people don't know between a sxt/rt/scat/hc except for the badging), most people wouldn't bat an eye and you stay under the radar of cops too, straight 6 sounds nice not very loud unless modded, I would love to dd one bc awd and hides well among traffic.
Also, the Porsche Agate Gray is darn near identical to our Granite, both of which really helps with the stealth factor. DSCN2368.JPG

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
911s have a flat-6, not straight-6
autocorrect, but there are some nice sounding straight 6s by bmw, but yes it's a flat 6.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
The sound from the six cylinder just will NOT be what we have, ever. My buddy who owns several of them drove my Redeye this summer. He immediately loved the sounds from the RE, and quickly remembered how kool the V8 sounded from when we were younger and he had one (455 in a GTO). He was also impressed a car that weighed a bunch with both of us in it was accelerating so well.
no that is true, but I can say a v8 will just never sound like a v10 or v12, the e60 m5 with a proper exhaust literally sounds like an f1 car, when it comes to sound I take the engine for what it is, yes a v8 will be louder and sound better than a 6 but a proper v10 will sound better, and in the order of succession a v12 will sound even better, however for cost efficiency I think the v8 is the sweet spot, very hard to find 10s and 12s with the new epa regs on new cars, I think the only attainable v10 was in the m5/m6 in the mid to late 2000s and even then that was circa 90k adjusted for inflation.

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat