Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

TIME SLIP CHASER ,SMACK TALKING ,THREAD HIJACKING,HP TUNER , HELLNO THATS ME

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #61
I hear ya, that's why it's good to have only 1 money pit ! LOL , & you know witch 1 I kept. ;)
I still pay for everything I guess I feel responsible after all she did put up with me for 25 years

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
It's tuff when things don't work whether it's cars or women , but back to topic kinda - you said you have the 3.5" heat exchanger , I had the 2.5" one & took it off bc of weight rite on the nose, I found out it really doesn't make a difference for the 1/4 mile , just cruising around it does help some but not at the track.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
BTW - I'm not missing MSO today , watching rite now , all day & night. :)

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #64
yea I thought about that but damn id have to pull the front cap again lol
and E719AC3D-F8DE-4C28-93EF-3555CFB5721B.jpeg

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I know that does suck but not so bad after doing it a few times like I did.
My 2.5" one weighed 20 lbs. without water in it. so yours will be a little more.

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #66
BTW - I'm not missing MSO today , watching rite now , all day & night. :)
don't mess with jj the boss lol

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #68
tell me all your mods@meancat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
With these heavy things , it comes down to weight to with in reason, so anything extra for me is not good , that's why I pull my seats bc I want my best et at the track, it doesn't matter to me on the street bc I don't really race on the street anyway.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
My drag wheel setup vid goes over the wiring deal. I knew what happened as soon as I read it LOL.

Why are you adding a BAP? Quit throwing parts at that car man LOL. Unless you're gonna go with E85 you don't need that thing and they're a band aid IMO anyway. Was at the track with a buddy when his motor ate itself due to the BAP killing the fuel pump just enough to let it go lean in upper RPM.

The thing with these cars, any car really, is the setup. You want to run the best it can, pull some of that dead weight outta the car. It takes minutes.

That and some tweaks got me a 10.51 bone stock and a 10.37 tune only.

Setup setup setup.

Your MPH should have been a bit higher on the 100 octane race tune. Was that just adding 100 octane to the tank and running the 93 tune, or was it an actual 100 octane tune from Curt?

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
tell me all your mods@meancat
OK - stock boost , pcm & tcm tune , drag pack , TBA idler & tensioner pullies , 3.09 , AFe cai , Stanke rocker arm supports , AA battery , FI s/c spacers & blanket , pinned crank , front strut tower & rear shock tower braces. I think that's it ?....Oh - Wiles DS & P4D brace. I have the cats on it & still runs just as good with them except they are heavier than cat deletes. & 180 T stat & catch can.

Last edited:
OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #72
My drag wheel setup vid goes over the wiring deal. I knew what happened as soon as I read it LOL.

Why are you adding a BAP? Quit throwing parts at that car man LOL. Unless you're gonna go with E85 you don't need that thing and they're a band aid IMO anyway. Was at the track with a buddy when his motor ate itself due to the BAP killing the fuel pump just enough to let it go lean in upper RPM.

The thing with these cars, any car really, is the setup. You want to run the best it can, pull some of that dead weight outta the car. It takes minutes.

That and some tweaks got me a 10.51 bone stock and a 10.37 tune only.

Setup setup setup.

Your MPH should have been a bit higher on the 100 octane race tune. Was that just adding 100 octane to the tank and running the 93 tune, or was it an actual 100 octane tune from Curt?
ur probably right about the boost a pump speedy and when I swapped it Saturday I found trash in it and since I had another I changed it and yesterday as I mentioned trash again ,the boost a pump will just be added to give some extra help ,going on my tuners advice ,the pump would go to 100 on duty cycle at some points but the pressure stayed up ,I honestly don't believe boost a pumps kill the fuel pump usually the pump itself has an issue and it fails and the boost a pump is blamed ,when I looked at the pump yesterday I honestly believe it was from the track where I added a gallon of 110 because I stopped at shell and added 4 gallons of 93 and actually probably would of been ok without the added race gas because what was left in the tank ,when I get the new fuel line in im oing to reinspect and if necessary im going to remove the tank and clean it out myself ,,oh and it was with the race gas tune ill send the logs so you can see the iats were hot if it had hooked after it cooled off in the first try I believe the numbers would have been better but my car is full weight other then the wheels

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #73
OK - stock boost , pcm & tcm tune , drag pack , TBA idler & tensioner pullies , 3.09 , AFe cai , Stanke rocker arm supports , AA battery , FI s/c spacers & blanket , pinned crank , front strut tower & rear shock tower braces. I think that's it ?....Oh - Wiles DS & P4D brace. I have the cats on it & still runs just as good with them except they are heavier than cat deletes.
did the spacers make a difference? sc spacers?

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #74
Besides @Speedy I said my cars like my ex I throw money at her and she shuts up for awhile as well so that’s my philosophy

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
did the spacers make a difference? sc spacers?
I did dyno b4 & after & it made 26hp & 26trq. but not sure if it shows up at the track , I do know that it is 38* cooler than my friends HC s/c after we drove to the track 45 minutes away , I think it helps bc it doesn't get as hot so it cools down quicker at the track.

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #76
Sometimes it takes a few little things to make a difference

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Sometimes it takes a few little things to make a difference
That's for sure , I can't wait for some negative DA this fall , I think it has a 10.2x in it if not a teen as it sits now ?

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #78
That's for sure , I can't wait for some negative DA this fall , I think it has a 10.2x in it if not a teen as it sits now ?
it had dropped down to 73 degrees Saturday night but I was never able to hook.and I was just rolling into it

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
it had dropped down to 73 degrees Saturday night but I was never able to hook.and I was just rolling into it
I hate that if track is not hooking up, I'm on M/T SS witch do real good for me & switching to the ET R after a time or two more at the track to finish off the SS, the R's are liter too, lol.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
We are having a track rental at Houston Raceway Park on 1/11/20 Saturday , think there's a couple spots left , max of 20 cars , your not that far away ! LOL. :D