Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The sky is falling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Throw it in the garage for 30 years

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
That's been there for awhile. I can understand why nobody would buy it without the crate. It's part of the story of the car.
It's def not the lack of the crate. It's the miles, and that goofy decal just screams modded/beat on, even if it's not. Last thing you want on your $100,000 car when you're selling it is ginormous decals.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Throw it in the garage for 30 years
That's why prices will fall for awhile. 90% garage queens means 2970 pristine low mile Demons will be around. Shooting themselves in the foot.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Several say they are waiting for one at MSRP. Well there it is. Go for it - or is it just idle talk.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
That's been there for awhile. I can understand why nobody would buy it without the crate. It's part of the story of the car.
Yes it has.

One of the listings he had a long rant in it on how he cannot take any less for the car because he is losing too much already.

Some Dodge dealers really did stick it to some of these buyers, he was one of them.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Several say they are waiting for one at MSRP. Well there it is. Go for it - or is it just idle talk.
Why i posted it.
There have been a few.

And i don't think any of them got a 100k.

This is a really weird car in terms of market value.
The ZR1 was built in less quantities but never advertised as a 1 and done limited edition (and it was a 1 and done limited edition) and dealers have them discounted under MSRP.

From my knowledge, the fastest ZR1 still has a quicker time than the fastest Demon.

115k what is getting your money? (not meant to start an argument just saying as its another market force out there fighting the Demon for $$$)

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
At MSRP not used with 18000 miles that price is still high lol

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I agree the mileage is high, although the motor is really only just broken in. I also agree the decal is a deterrent for prospective buyers. Having sold the crate is an indicator the owner doesn't have it all together and make one wonder how the car has been treated.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I don't think anyone who has a Demon needs to worry about prices unless they planned on flipping them. They have there dream car it is the flippers who paid admins who are shitting there pants. There are only 300 Demons in Canada I can pick one up with under 1000 miles for $100,000US but there not selling quick even at those prices. Someone like me has to have the Demon optioned the way they want to pay that much do be the second owner. If I can find a Demon with rear seat delete no sunroof with satin hood, crate in the colors I like for under $95000us I would probably sell my Redeye. Demon owners still have a car worth more then they paid what more do you want.

OP

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #51
Think about this for a moment, someone thinks they are going to get full MSRP for a car with 18,000 miles on the clock. Either wishful thinking or innate value. Take your pick...

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I don't think anyone who has a Demon needs to worry about prices unless they planned on flipping them. They have there dream car it is the flippers who paid admins who are shitting there pants. There are only 300 Demons in Canada I can pick one up with under 1000 miles for $100,000US but there not selling quick even at those prices. Someone like me has to have the Demon optioned the way they want to pay that much do be the second owner. If I can find a Demon with rear seat delete no sunroof with satin hood, crate in the colors I like for under $95000us I would probably sell my Redeye. Demon owners still have a car worth more then they paid what more do you want.
Obviously this guy is worried about prices or he wouldn't say he's already lost too much money. Goofball never should have bought in the first place if he was intending to use it as a daily driver and then sell it a year later thinking he could get most or all of his money back. You can't make a limited edition Ferrari, Bugatti or any other car for that matter a daily driver and get your money back a year later.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
My buddy has a Demon in bubble wrap in his a/c'd garage for over a year. 17 miles on it. Can't sell it and he's not asking a crazy price either. Every time someone on the other forum said "man if only I could find a Demon I'd buy one" I'd PM them his info and I've probably sent it to 12 people or so. He's never heard from a single one.

I'm not sure how long he'll have to keep it before it starts to appreciate. I'm sure it will at some point with it being in bubble wrap and all, won't ever be driven, etc. The problem will be if FCA comes out with the next big thing. If that happens it could take much much longer.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
lol, me too

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
My buddy has a Demon in bubble wrap in his a/c'd garage for over a year. 17 miles on it. Can't sell it and he's not asking a crazy price either. Every time someone on the other forum said "man if only I could find a Demon I'd buy one" I'd PM them his info and I've probably sent it to 12 people or so. He's never heard from a single one.

I'm not sure how long he'll have to keep it before it starts to appreciate. I'm sure it will at some point with it being in bubble wrap and all, won't ever be driven, etc. The problem will be if FCA comes out with the next big thing. If that happens it could take much much longer.
you mean the interior is still wrapped? or this:

beb970b70574ebfeebd80080c011df8e.jpg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Still has all the PDI plastic and all that on it. I jokingly call it bubble wrapped.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I played that game with 2 cars and got burnt. This car is going to be driven. The car sits, flat spot the tires, oil turns into kerosene, other fluids cake up, gaskets go bad, hoses dry rot, leather dries and cracks. Thing is loosing monies do to 5 years from now, bigger and better robots out there. Back in the day we thought our 440 6 packs would break the bank. Look now. Nice but???

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
And the band plays on, no quicker car being offered by FCA, and here we are, the RE is a pale comparison, lets play this out and see what is what.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Not being able to order a 2020 Challenger on 10/7/2019, tells you everything, not a new platform, nothing new about it, the delay speaks volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.