Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Seriously considering getting a Tesla Model S P 100 D to replace the Charger

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
A lot better looking than a tesla as well.
Musk must be blind to build shit that ugly.

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
The Electric Revolution is definitely on our door step which I would pass on the Tesla just for the simple reason the likes of Ford and the big name manufactures are coming to the market with a lot of options. And the Tesla network of dealers is like not much which there are stories of Tesla owners not having their car for weeks and or even months at a time. And Tesla is so proprietary they do not like to negotiate with issues and are rude plus I ain't the Musk fan even though yeh he's made tons of money but Tesla is BROKE beyond BROKE once you take away the Carbon Foot Print monies they receive from all the other Manufactures. Its truly insane the other Auto companies have to pay Tesla to avoid Government EPA fines. Talk about the SCAM to the MAX Government favoritism to Tesla at the expense to you and I the consumer what a total fucking JOKE. No thanks Tesla can Kiss my pretty ASS.

Yep, a few years ago I owned a 2016 Model S (2016). I only had it 6 months before I got rid of it with the Lemon Law. I lived about 4 hours from the nearest Tesla service center, so anytime it needed service, I was without my car for a week to over a month at a time. I had to have 2 battery packs, a drive unit, 2 windshields and the center screen replaced. During the 6 months we owned it, it was out of our possession for nearly 2.5 months. The final straw occurred 3 days after I got the car back from its last battery replacement. The driver's side wheel well liner came loose and the front tire tore it out and kicked it down the side of the car at 80mph, where it got wedged under the rear left wheel and caused a perpindicular skid for almost 800 feet.

Now, full disclosure: I never liked the Tesla to begin with. I found it terribly boring, the interior was no good, and every time something went wrong, we had to wait weeks to get the car back. This was my wife's car... but after it tried to kill us, I had no problem convincing her to let me get rid of it.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
now like the Taycan I’d drive that. It’s expensive as heck but it looks nice and it’s got super car performance in the turbo package. Even the base model is probably almost as fast or on par with our cars on street pavement. 0-100mph

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
What an ugly looking contraption though. I wonder when there going to stop with all this geeky-future gork box styling. Looks lame as hell I wouldn’t be caught dead driving that.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I think that every time I look at one of these new E-geek machines - are they trying to make it look as unappealing as possible ?? Why the hell would I pay huge coin to drive an ugly as all f*** vehicle that's a PITA to refuel ? And what about maintenance of all this crap, shit FURD couldn't fix my '16 Mustang (which I lemon lawed) and they've been making that bucket of shite for 55+ years ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I’m holding out to see what the Cybertruck does when it comes out, and to see what the new Lightning is all about.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
I will die and spend eternity in hell before I buy an electric vehicle.

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
What an ugly looking contraption though. I wonder when there going to stop with all this geeky-future gork box styling. Looks lame as hell I wouldn’t be caught dead driving that.
Agree, they are all too egg like or "edgy" for me also, except the Taycan. It is the best looking EV out there by far. The ones I've seen have paint quality that was disappointing for a Porsche.

Be interesting to see what the EV trucks are like in final form.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
They are rockets, no doubt. I just can't get past the absence of the V-8 visceral experiences.
Kinda like kissing your sister, what’s the point?

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Where is @Magnified's dog when we need him/her?

giphy.gif

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Kinda like kissing your sister, what’s the point?
biological or step?????

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

:LOL:

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Hey Magnified. If you are going to take the leap to electric I'd ask you to check out the Jaguar I Pace. I've driven one and it was solid and performed great. I was searching for a Randy Pobst vid where he tracked it and was quite impressed but couldn't find it.

Although many remember the days of Jaguar reliability issues I've owned 3 over the last 7 years and had no issues. All were supercharged V-8's so my hope is their engineers did the same solid work on their EV. Their Elitecare provides 5 year/60,000 mile coverage including roadside assitance and maintenance. My current daily is an F-Pace SVR and it is fantastic.

Just a thought I wanted to share before you pull the trigger on a Tesla. My doctor has one and is quite disappointed with the actual battery performance vs what was promised.

Good luck and hope you land a fun ride.

https://www.jaguarusa.com/about-jaguar/elitecare.html
No issues with our blown Jaguar, either. Had it 4 years now. And the dealership experience could not be better.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
biological or step?????

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

:LOL:
You creepy Mofo...you make me laugh more than any other warped lunatic on here already, but that was the best yet. I spit up water i was drinking .
For that I gave you the Winners ribon award.
Someday I hope to grow up and be as warped as you are 😂🤣😁

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
You creepy Mofo...you make me laugh more than any other warped lunatic on here already, but that was the best yet. I spit up water i was drinking .
For that I gave you the Winners ribon award.
Someday I hope to grow up and be as warped as you are 😂🤣😁
growing up is not required :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
The Koreans have been stepping up their game across the board recently in the quality and content department, including EV's.

The 577HP EV6 GT may win some folks over to the EV side, at least it has a 'drivers' cockpit, none of that mobile home theater golf cart looking interior crap.
It should be out later this year, in various trims but the GT is the top spec trim

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35978496/2022-kia-ev6-gt-specs-revealed/

17260-kia-ev6-gt-1617109579.jpg
17255-kia-ev6-gt-1617109576.jpg

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
none of that mobile home theater golf cart looking interior crap.
Priceless. (y)

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The Koreans have been stepping up their game across the board recently in the quality and content department, including EV's.

The 577HP EV6 GT may win some folks over to the EV side, at least it has a 'drivers' cockpit, none of that mobile home theater golf cart looking interior crap.
It should be out later this year, in various trims but the GT is the top spec trim

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35978496/2022-kia-ev6-gt-specs-revealed/

View attachment 44488
View attachment 44489

That actually looks way better than a Tesla.....inside and out.

I got a ride to the airport a few weeks ago and the guy showed up in a Tesla 3. After 45 minutes in that thing, I wanted out. It was fast, but the damn interior road and/or drivetrain noise in the back seat was horrible.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
That actually looks way better than a Tesla.....inside and out.

I got a ride to the airport a few weeks ago and the guy showed up in a Tesla 3. After 45 minutes in that thing, I wanted out. It was fast, but the damn interior road and/or drivetrain noise in the back seat was horrible.
The wonderful drone of a V8 exhaust would have relaxed you and put you to sleep.