Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

"Project Demons Breath"

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,441
OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,442

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You put a 305-17 next to those 315-15’s and it would look like a frontrunner.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,444
You put a 305-17 next to those 315-15’s and it would look like a frontrunner.
No kidding . I'm going to try the 315/50/17's for next season and see where that gets me . I will also be installing the 3.09's again .

With the 305/45/17's and a 2.62 gear I was able to get consistent 1.35 sixty foots with the best of 1.34 on good prep . But only 1.41's on marginal track prep . After I figured out my suspension and tire pressure guage.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
The 17” wheel with that 315 will give you all the car’s got on a high prep track. No argument from me there. However.... the 15” with the Radial Pro tire is a very different thing. Mostly it’s the tire. It has a different compound and the construction of the tire itself is different. The ET-R likes air pressure up around 20 lbs. Dropping it down to 15 isn’t going to get you anything. The Pro loves 15. It will put a whole lot more rubber on the track because of that long footprint you get. More rubber may not be necessary on your super prep starting line in Unicorn land, but on the horrible day when something goes wrong and you spin the tires (OMG) you will be longing for those Staypuff Pros.

Frenchcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
t-r
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Also got some new door sill emblems.

Oups, I forgot to peel out the last "n" of the Demon on the door sill decal!

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,447
The 17” wheel with that 315 will give you all the car’s got on a high prep track. No argument from me there. However.... the 15” with the Radial Pro tire is a very different thing. Mostly it’s the tire. It has a different compound and the construction of the tire itself is different. The ET-R likes air pressure up around 20 lbs. Dropping it down to 15 isn’t going to get you anything. The Pro loves 15. It will put a whole lot more rubber on the track because of that long footprint you get. More rubber may not be necessary on your super prep starting line in Unicorn land, but on the horrible day when something goes wrong and you spin the tires (OMG) you will be longing for those Staypuff Pros.
I will wait for @DemonSRT and @oilburner to do their 15 in conversation and radial pro and see how they do . I want to see it in person . Who knows what the future holds ......

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,448
Oups, I forgot to peel out the last "n" of the Demon on the door sill decal!
Lol no worries. I will take care of that .

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I will wait for @DemonSRT and @oilburner to do their 15 in conversation and radial pro and see how they do . I want to see it in person . Who knows what the future holds ......

I have watched a Charger and a Challenger run with the 15" radial pros. It's a thing of beauty. They just hook and book! The Charger was running a 1.24 60' with good prep.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,450
I have watched a Charger and a Challenger run with the 15" radial pros. It's a thing of beauty. They just hook and book! The Charger was running a 1.24 60' with good prep.
Holy Crap! I want to see them in person,
Plus I just got the 315/50/17''s . Lol

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Holy Crap! I want to see them in person,
Plus I just got the 315/50/17''s . Lol
They work well. I’ll avoid 15’s as long as possible.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,452
It's a shocking difference between the 2 tires when you look at them in person!

315/50/17 VS 305/45/17

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
It's a shocking difference between the 2 tires when you look at them in person!

315/50/17 VS 305/45/17

Little bit of work to get them to fit, but worth it.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I see them in your future!;)

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I`m done with staging an wondering is it going to hook this time.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,456
I`m done with staging an wondering is it going to hook this time.
I hear ya on that .

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
On the topic of the 15 vs the 17 wheel and tire. Having run both.... the size and construction of that Radial Pro acts like a big shock absorber. It noticeably softens the initial hit on the drivetrain. Anybody else experience where the initial hit moves the car and picks the front end up (mini freeze frame wheelie) and then the front comes down and the tires break loose? One of the contributors to that is the shock that ET-R at 20 lbs throws at the track on the initial hit. It requires more of a soft peddle driving technique to address that. The big Radial Pro absorbs that initial shock, and at 15 lbs.... squats and puts down a long footprint that keeps the tire glued to the track. While this might not produce a better 60’ than the 17 when under perfect conditions, it will do it more consistently. You’ll forget about that wondering what’s it going to do this time thing.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
On the topic of the 15 vs the 17 wheel and tire. Having run both.... the size and construction of that Radial Pro acts like a big shock absorber. It noticeably softens the initial hit on the drivetrain. Anybody else experience where the initial hit moves the car and picks the front end up (mini freeze frame wheelie) and then the front comes down and the tires break loose? One of the contributors to that is the shock that ET-R at 20 lbs throws at the track on the initial hit. It requires more of a soft peddle driving technique to address that. The big Radial Pro absorbs that initial shock, and at 15 lbs.... squats and puts down a long footprint that keeps the tire glued to the track. While this might not produce a better 60’ than the 17 when under perfect conditions, it will do it more consistently. You’ll forget about that wondering what’s it going to do this time thing.
your dead on , a few times this pass weekend frt came up frt came down then unloaded the rears, pissed me off an went down the track at a snails pace. pass is over in the first 100 feet.:confused:

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,459
your dead on , a few times this pass weekend frt came up frt came down then unloaded the rears, pissed me off an went down the track at a snails pace. pass is over in the first 100 feet.:confused:
Unfortunately for the majority of hellcat
Owners the suspension is the main problem. It was never designed for this . Squatting the rear suspension unloads the tires . Does anyone remember the dodge super stock leaf springs ??? They actually lifted the rear to plant the tires . As the body was lifting it was pushing the tires into the ground . Im sure I will get the back lash for saying this but I stand by my statement.

Last edited:

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Unfortunately for the majority of hellcat
Owners the suspension is the main problem. It was never designed for this . Squatting the rear suspension unloads the tires . Does anyone remember the dodge super stock leaf springs ??? They actually lifted the rear to plant the tires . As the body was lifting it was pushing the tires into the ground . Im sure I will get the back lash for saying this but u stand by my statement.

Why would you get back lash?
I agree with you.
I am probably in the minority that was pissed the car came with an IRS.
I still have a new pr of SS springs and an adjustable pinion snubber, maybe even some C-body shocks.
😅