Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Motor Authority says HellCat Durango is a go.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Trackhawk sales are already terrible. Their sales are basically ordered vehicles. I think last year they sold less than 1500 units.

This will be price a couple thousand less than the jeep, just like the Durango SRT is a couple thousand less

How is the Durango SRT "Way" overpriced?? It's about what a jeep SRT is....and ya know....they are basically the same vehicle. A Durango R/T is in the $50s
Because that POS is way over priced... said the preacher to the choir lol

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hope they price it lower than the Trackhawk - after all it will be a bit slower ;-) Wife is already talking smack. Here we go.

Tell her the Cd is certainly better on the DHC, and probably a bit lighter too?

Should be a squeak faster than the Trackhawk

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm still holding out for the Hellcat riding mower....

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
I would not exactly classify any hellcat powered vehicle as “selling well”... besides maybe the first year red eye.

Trackhawk still out sold the widebody HC and standard Hellcat in 2019. It’s definitely a niche vehicle, but facts are facts... if the TH is a turd sales wise, what’s the challenger HC?

2019 Production Figures:

Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk: 1,693

Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat: 2,285

Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody: 1,361

Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat: 1,134 cars w

Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody: 3,353

Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye: 604

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CPRHDSRT

Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fork
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 HC Challenger
About what? how fast it will be?
Tell her the Cd is certainly better on the DHC, and probably a bit lighter too?

Should be a squeak faster than the Trackhawk
Well she is due for a new Durango and when I told her that the HC motor was coming to that platform, she was like game on. 21 DHC (AWD A8) vs. my 16 Challenger HC (M6). Could be fun actually - she should get the 0-60 and I should take the 1/4. At the end of the day - she'd be happy with a new R/T but smack talk is all good and lighthearted.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Well she is due for a new Durango and when I told her that the HC motor was coming to that platform, she was like game on. 21 DHC (AWD A8) vs. my 16 Challenger HC (M6). Could be fun actually - she should get the 0-60 and I should take the 1/4. At the end of the day - she'd be happy with a new R/T but smack talk is all good and lighthearted.
Hell, our DSRT is damn near as quick as the Hellcat, a DHC should be amazing to launch

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Bull, have you timed it? Or have a vid? I am not joking. I'd consider picking one up if it was quick enough.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Bull, have you timed it? Or have a vid? I am not joking. I'd consider picking one up if it was quick enough.

Dash says 4.9sec 0-60 (here at altitude), I've seen others getting low 4.x down where the Seagulls fly...

Not terribly impressive in our world of Hellcats, but nice for a Grocery Getter.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
That's awesome. It's smaller than the Expedition, but even so my ELs have run only 6.5 0-60. Which is not bad for 7,000+ pounds (and tops amongst factory large SUVs, at least last I looked). I've been toying with using a tuner to drop the 93 performance tune in one of them which (supposedly adds around 80-100 ft/lbs and over 100 HP at the wheels....

Is that DSRT awd, 4x4, 4x2?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
AWD

Has several driving modes like you'd expect, normal SRT modes, plus a Snow mode and another one I forget at the moment. Fully customizable like our SRTs too.

And here is the really important part, I'm not joking when I say I ENJOY driving that Durango, a lot.

It is NOT a good long-distance road-trip vehicle like our old '06 Durango was (soft, squishy ride), but driving around, it just is an amazing driving vehicle. Getting in the old Durango is now a horrible experience, NOT even remotely comparable, so don't let anybody say that because their older generation Durango was a boat, that the DSRTs should be too. They really shouldn't even share the Durango name if you ask me.

You make it back up this way anytime soon, let me know, I'll give you the tour...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Brakes are amazing too, we got the upgraded two-piece brake option, so it shares a close cousin with the Hellcat brake system (6-pistion calipers, but 380mm instead of 390mm dia)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I would not exactly classify any hellcat powered vehicle as “selling well”... besides maybe the first year red eye.

Trackhawk still out sold the widebody HC and standard Hellcat in 2019. It’s definitely a niche vehicle, but facts are facts... if the TH is a turd sales wise, what’s the challenger HC?

2019 Production Figures:

Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk: 1,693

Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat: 2,285

Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody: 1,361

Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat: 1,134 cars w

Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody: 3,353

Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye: 604

Say those numbers are true...what does that tell you

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
Say those numbers are true...what does that tell you
That the Demon is the only car FCA made recently that sold (sells) without a giant discount attached to its MSRP.

And even then, none of the $70-$90k cars above sell that well.

And those numbers accurate as far as I can tell.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
That the Demon is the only car FCA ever made that sold (sells) without a giant discount attached to its MSRP.

And even then, none of the cars $70-$90k cars above sell that well.

And those numbers accurate as far as I can tell.

That might very well be the case..but bump the RE horsepower to 825...and it starts all over...

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
That might very well be the case..but bump the RE horsepower to 825...and it starts all over...
It does, I agree, and TBH, I’ve been saying it would not surprise me if the Durango and the 2021 TH show up with the redeye blower/engine as the only option, and then it begins all over again for the TH and Durango.

Because it makes little sense for FCA to continue making both.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I disagree. Unless they up the component quality again (like with the Red Eye / Demon) I don't think anyone would pay a huge premium for 28 horsepower. I wouldn't. But then they're adding 10 hp to the Charger and charging more money (no pun intended) so maybe folks would?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I disagree. Unless they up the component quality again (like with the Red Eye / Demon) I don't think anyone would pay a huge premium for 28 horsepower. I wouldn't. But then they're adding 10 hp to the Charger and charging more money (no pun intended) so maybe folks would?
His numbers indicated while HC numbers were flat..the RE widebogy led the way in sales..If bumping the RE horsepower levels a modest 4%..in a cost effective way (no price increase)...and totally revamp color options..The RE numbers for 2021 should exceed last years numbers...I cant imagine they believe they can maintain market share with the challenger in 2020 with no significant upgrades

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
His numbers indicated while HC numbers were flat..the RE widebogy led the way in sales..If bumping the RE horsepower levels a modest 4%..in a cost effective way (no price increase)...and totally revamp color options..The RE numbers for 2021 should exceed last years numbers...I cant imagine they believe they can maintain market share with the challenger in 2020 with no significant upgrades
I think the bump in RE sales over the HC was due mostly to the hardware upgrade the RE saw, not just the HP. ( larger blower and upgrade block design)

Hence why I think we’ll see the TH and maybe the Durango go the same route. My only question is will they continue with the standard HC for another year.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I think the bump in RE sales over the HC was due mostly to the hardware upgrade the RE saw, not just the HP. ( larger blower and upgrade block design)

Hence why I think we’ll see the TH and maybe the Durango go the same route. My only question is will they continue with the standard HC for another year.

Whatever course FCA takes MY 2020/2021...one would hope they have things sorted out..it would be a shame if this was as good as it gets

OP
Purerock105

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Thread Starter #40
Hell, our DSRT is damn near as quick as the Hellcat, a DHC should be amazing to launch
That's the biggest difference. No wheel spin. It puts the power down! 0-60, my DSRT "feels" quicker because it's immediate. No feathering of throttle like on my HC. I would imagine after 60, the HC is blow by, but that's solo speculation as I haven't lined my cars up and actually performed this.