Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcats are rare now! Looting has Started @San Leandro

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Unless of course they were hoping they would be stolen. I'm still waiting to read a story where a few of these looters get blown away while in the act of stealing some of this stuff. It would be a great read!

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Damn, that's just wrong. I remember seeing that car on the lot not long ago.
That’s a dam shame! Those kinda of people should be shot on site. What a dam joke. I don’t care what color skin you have. Those people are plain stupid. Lol

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Well to be honest the 2nd amendment is often misunderstood, yes it's to protect your homes and family but it's actually to protect it from the government instituting something like martial law or some unreasonable measures. The 2nd amendment serves multiple purposes but protecting homes, businesses, and most importantly families is a good side benefit.

Also looters are here to make money off chaos so they will target retail businesses, if you have insurance for your business best to let the insurance companies pay out than putting yourself at risk, if you don't have insurance or it won't cover you from riots well then you have no other choice.
You're right, the 2A is misunderstood, but I don't misunderstand it. I agree the primary reason for it is to deter our own government from devolving into tryanny. The 2A was one of 19 constitutional amendments drafted by James Madison in 1789 for the purpose of enticing the 13 states to ratify the new Constitution (nine of the amendments were ultimately not approved). One of the reasons the states were hesitant to ratify the Constitution was their concern it gave the federal government too much power. They did not want to substitute one tyrant for another. The 2A was drafted to reassure the states the federal government could not disarm the people (as Britain had tried to do prior to the Revolutionary War), and therefore the people would maintain the power to resist tyranny. This is why the 2A states "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I was simply pointing out the 2A is also very important for the current situation, and is one more reason to honor and defend it from our domestic enemies who are trying to belittle and eliminate it.

Sure, the looters are targeting retail businesses now, but it's a mistake to assume they will only target them. The best protection our residential areas have is the knowledge a lot of us are armed and prepared to defend our homes.

I don't agree business owners should just stand aside and let thugs destroy their livelihoods, even if they are insured. I certainly wouldn't. And in so doing, they are just encouraging more looting. If everyone had the courage to stand and protect their property, we wouldn't have looting.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
What’s weird is you watch the video and see the key safe.. they knew exactly which drawer to look. You’d think the whole thing would be ran sacked..
When the top drawer is full of red SRT keys... you stop looking and start driving...

Everyone thinking "It's just material things, brick and mortar, insurance can cover it" ... must not pay insurance premiums and must not have to shop for consumer goods - ever.

In a world that is already economically devastated we decide to throw gas on the fire with this BS. Good luck to those without appropriate insurance - and good luck getting paid if you do!... Try to justify re-investing into that location after your local authorities and community did nothing to help you from losing everything. Your neighbors took from you, no reason to rebuild and offer it up to them again.

Last edited:
OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #85
You're right, the 2A is misunderstood, but I don't misunderstand it. I agree the primary reason for it is to deter our own government from devolving into tryanny. The 2A was one of 19 constitutional amendments drafted by James Madison in 1789 for the purpose of enticing the 13 states to ratify the new Constitution (nine of the amendments were ultimately not approved). One of the reasons the states were hesitant to ratify the Constitution was their concern it gave the federal government too much power. They did not want to substitute one tyrant for another. The 2A was drafted to reassure the states the federal government could not disarm the people (as Britain had tried to do prior to the Revolutionary War), and therefore the people would maintain the power to resist tyranny. This is why the 2A states "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I was simply pointing out the 2A is also very important for the current situation, and is one more reason to honor and defend it from our domestic enemies who are trying to belittle and eliminate it.

Sure, the looters are targeting retail businesses now, but it's a mistake to assume they will only target them. The best protection our residential areas have is the knowledge a lot of us are armed and prepared to defend our homes.

I don't agree business owners should just stand aside and let thugs destroy their livelihoods, even if they are insured. I certainly wouldn't. And in so doing, they are just encouraging more looting. If everyone had the courage to stand and protect their property, we wouldn't have looting.
Well to be perfectly honest most business owners benefit from insurance payouts, i.e why insurance fraud is so common. So it's not that they don't want to defend their business its moreso that they profit off of these types of events if they are covered. For example we had a house fire at one of our rental properties so we fixed it up and ended up selling it(unrelated to any of this stuff), we made $50k off the insurance payout alone and then another $50k between the amount the house sold for and the mortgage left on the property. If we didn't have an insurance payout we would have never sold that place, it would have cost roughly $40-50k to fix it and basically would have netted 0-10k after selling it. So it's a lot more complex than it looks.

Last edited:
OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #86
When the top drawer is full of red SRT keys... you stop looking and start driving...

Everyone thinking "It's just material things, brick and mortar, insurance can cover it" ... must not pay insurance premiums and must not have to shop for consumer goods - ever.

In a world that is already economically devastated we decide to throw gas on the fire with this BS. Good luck to those without appropriate insurance - and good luck getting paid if you do!... Try to justify re-investing into that location after your local authorities and community did nothing to help you from losing everything. Your neighbors took from you, no reason to rebuild and offer it up to them again.
At the end of the day we all get hurt by these events, covid has caused shutdowns in production and everything from food to cars has starting increasing in price, gas is the one upside to this but it's because they are waging a product war in the world, and oil communities in america are in a huge pile of sh*t right now because companies are finding they are losing money.

Now looting has caused destruction of valuable supply in the supply and demand curve, so with demand up and no supply its very simple to see what's going to happen to prices of consumer goods, and like you said insurance premiums will go up because insurance has to recover their money.... they are not in the business of giving out free money.

Also your point about not rebuilding is also valid, stores that were struggling or barely surviving with covid are now in an even deeper hole, and many corporations are going to stop having stores in certain neighborhoods.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
My contractors just called and all the Lowes stores are boarding up their winders in lew of 6 pm curfew. No materials no work. 1st a Chi sneeze ep er dim prick now low life under ground thugs whom have no place on this earth.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Plywood will be in hot supply from people boarding up, so it’ll LITERALLY be like a hurricane came through the entire country.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Someone needs to get creative (non lethal tactics). Mobilization of septic trucks outfitted with pressurized cannon sprayers. Why not make it hard for them to terrorize communities? Be safe everyone.
How about the Soylent Green scoopers?

soylent green.gif

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Jimmy N., how dare you? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::p
Obviously it was simply irresistible. How could I not post that??

Besides, most getaway cars are traditionally 4-doors, so it does make some sense that the stragglers picked those over, say, a Nissan Juke.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Hospitals should shutter their doors and in the next two weeks if you catch covid because you felt like rioting, you rolled the dice... Good luck!
I'm not opposed... but how are they supposed to tell who was rioting and who wasn't?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
As a society, we need to go back to respecting the police, otherwise we have anarchy. And riots need to be stopped immediately and aggressively. In 1794, George Washington himself (in his second term as president), led the army to put down a large group of violent Pennsylvania farmers protesting the new whiskey tax.
True, but doesn't that make Washington the aggressor? Those farmers were just protesting being taxed too much (so they thought). I guess the rebuttal to that is that they had representation, right?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'm not opposed... but how are they supposed to tell who was rioting and who wasn't?
Pockets full of red keys?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Lots of interesting comments here.... I'll just say I think we ask the police to do too much. Deal with homelessness, mental illness, drug rehabilitation, all kinds of shit that they should be asked to deal with (in my mind) on an emergency basis. As it is, because of chronic underfunding or defunding they're basiclly being asked to remedy situations over which they have no control, no workable authority, an no funding. Societies with large disparities amongst have and have not, regardless of the cause, have large civil strife unless, and here's the unless, there is a vast and powerful mechanism for control that includes, at the base of the structure the willingness to use deadly force not against theives (who always take advantage of wide spread civil unrest) but against those who are demonstrating for change. (We can discuss Mexico here, as they're a good example).

Anyway, besides the posse commitatus act and other prohibitions of use of the US military on US soil, I have difficulty with doing that for the same reasons the founders and drafters did - the army has one purpose: to defeat the enemies of the nation as quickly as possible, normally by means involving near fatal injury and death. Because that is their purpose and focus, when confronted with any problem, including other citizens, the military response will generally involve death. It's not fair to our people, or our military to ask this of them. This is different than armed rebellion.

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
At least one Daytona Edition Hellcat left the lot........... lol

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
tea tax

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Pockets full of red keys?
Jim, saw this mass break in and theft of HCs a few years back in Missourri. Theives from Chicago I think came down and stole 3 or 4. Now is it just me, or are these keys not stored in a safe? If it's as simple as breaking the window and taking the key off the hook, WTF is up with that?

LOL maybe the GM took a box of keys and tossed them out on the sidewalk. One way to move insured cars that aren't selling.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
At least one Daytona Edition Hellcat left the lot........... lol
FCA, we want the Charger Redeye. Even the looters left one...free focus group marketing FCA.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Who says splitter guards don't work?? :p

splitter guards.jpg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
If you end up needing a 5th, let me know.
I think I shot all of my crazy 12ga rounds (chains, jacks, rocks, all sorts of weird stuff) and all I have left is 00... but I can be a watchful eye.
Jack.. to give you an Idea of where I;m located..east eagle st. one block from Jefferson ave. (not exactly gods country)...so you can appreciate my concern....45,000 sq ft. block construction bld...with attached office..(plenty of glass)...sat nite just before 10 pm....a group of 30 some undesirables were dispersed from Jefferson and Clinton (3 blocks away)..half hour later they re grouped on Clinton and Fillmore and went down Clinton to the West Seneca line...We dodged a bullet ...and so did they..(no pun intended..) Its been all clear since then...