Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcats are rare now! Looting has Started @San Leandro

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
My business is in the inner city in WNY...I don't rely on the police to protect my property or interest...since last sat we have had a security team of four (myself included) armed with 12 ga. shockwaves on the premise every nite...one loaded with dragons breath as a warning..the rest 00 for the slow learners...so far so good...less attentive owners have not been so fortunate...
Stay safe brother... 🧨🪓💣🔪🚬⚔️

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Rico on the beach. You got the open space and I gots the fire power. Moving stuff around the new place today and having a gun and knife room is and is not so good having it up stairs. Great logistics but hell toten up. I have a nephew and his fiancée live in NYC and a hell of a place not to own a gun but if you have a brick your in good shape. I live in a retirement community full of military and ex police enforcements. Wood be the wrong neighbor de hood to sneak attack. The otta place is about the same except it has 12 foot walls and gates backs up to the alligator invested bayou. 2 story with gun toutits. Not to be a pure political involved person but someone needs to spank, in pubic, the NYC mayors ass. I guess he is in office cause no one there can vote. If I have to rescue my nephew with the correct hardware,, well let it be. His father is a liberal demo living in down town Atlanta. Great location but not now.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
They ended up stealing more than 70 cars from San Leandro. Looks like he is hiring armed guards. Damn they chopped these cars fast! Here is a statement from the owner...

San Leandro Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership owner Carlos Hidalgo said that although he blocked the exits as a precaution, the thieves “started ramming, ramming until they could get out. They took out chains and fence posts. It was a very malicious act,” FOX 2 in Oakland reported.
“You walk in [and] it's like a war zone," Hidalgo said of the aftermath. “It’s not a cause for anybody. This is just bad thieves. It’s horrible. This is domestic terrorism brought upon to people that work. That’s not right.”
He said he called police but they were too busy to respond to the dealership that night, SF Gate reported.
Looters separated themselves from peaceful protesters – who were in the Bay Area Sunday demanding justice after the death of George Floyd – first hitting a Nike clearance store across the street from the dealership.
After breaking into the showroom, the thieves gained access to the key lockbox and used the fobs to locate the cars.
Nearly all of the dealership’s $90,000 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcats were stolen, FOX 2 reported.

The thieves also stole Charger Hellcats, Jeep Wranglers and pickup trucks.
San Leandro Police Department Lt. Ted Henderson said he didn’t know if it was an opportunistic crime or if it was planned.
He said no arrests have been made but police are searching social media video of the crime and looking for surveillance video in the area to identify the suspects.
“The events in Minneapolis have re-opened old, raw wounds and forced us to confront societal injustices that need to be addressed," Chief Jeff Tudor wrote in a statement posted on the department's Facebook page. “Those who peacefully protested have started that conversation. But those who have looted and stoked violence in our community are hurting that effort.”
Between 20 to 25 cars have been recovered, Henderson said, some damaged and others chopped for parts.
"As we are getting them back, I've got cars without engines," Hidalgo told FOX 2.
The dealership estimates it has lost $5 million in the thefts and plans to hire armed guards.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/more-t...ealership-amid-looting-in-northern-california

Last edited:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
My business is in the inner city in WNY...I don't rely on the police to protect my property or interest...since last sat we have had a security team of four (myself included) armed with 12 ga. shockwaves on the premise every nite...one loaded with dragons breath as a warning..the rest 00 for the slow learners...so far so good...less attentive owners have not been so fortunate...
If you end up needing a 5th, let me know.
I think I shot all of my crazy 12ga rounds (chains, jacks, rocks, all sorts of weird stuff) and all I have left is 00... but I can be a watchful eye.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The thieves also stole Charger Hellcats...
Man, they must've been desperate.

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #66
Man, they must've been desperate.
Charger hellcats lives matter too Jimmy, we are an opressed minority, in this country where 75% of hellcats are challengers, I as a charger owner must stand up and fight for what's right. Today, I will be calling on my fellow charger owners to loot autozone, pep boys, and napa.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I’d put these hellcat keys in a 1000 pound safe. Where did they put the keys in a plastic lock box? I mean this is a terrible shame but cmon the thieves shouldn’t be able to wrangle up all the dealers keys like this..

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you end up needing a 5th, let me know.
I think I shot all of my crazy 12ga rounds (chains, jacks, rocks, all sorts of weird stuff) and all I have left is 00... but I can be a watchful eye.
Dragons breath rounds are sick. I use that in COD zombies lol. Kill a few hundred zombies with that shotgun.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #71
I’d put these hellcat keys in a 1000 pound safe. Where did they put the keys in a plastic lock box? I mean this is a terrible shame but cmon the thieves shouldn’t be able to wrangle up all the dealers keys like this..
I think tk said it earlier as a joke but watching the video I think all of this was done on purpose, they knew the looters were coming so they secured the keys in a weak safe + used hellcats to block the entrances knowing if rammed they would be totaled most likely. Look at the thread in the purchasing subforum, they have 2018s still on the lot.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think tk said it earlier as a joke but watching the video I think all of this was done on purpose, they knew the looters were coming so they secured the keys in a weak safe + used hellcats to block the entrances knowing if rammed they would be totaled most likely. Look at the thread in the purchasing subforum, they have 2018s still on the lot.
Heh, yeah. And there all 90k hellcats right? 🤔💴

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #73
Heh, yeah. And there all 90k hellcats right? 🤔💴
News is dumb, but I would imagine insurance pays msrp or at least break even for these cars, having an almost 3 model year old car on the lot totaled would probably net you a heck of a lot more than selling it. Crime of opportunity but insurance fraud is a huge thing.

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
This taste of anarchy is a reminder of why the Second Amendment and high capacity magazines are so important. These two are the only things stopping these animals from invading our residential areas too.

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #75
This taste of anarchy is a reminder of why the Second Amendment and high capacity magazines are so important. These two are the only things stopping these animals from invading our residential areas too.
Well to be honest the 2nd amendment is often misunderstood, yes it's to protect your homes and family but it's actually to protect it from the government instituting something like martial law or some unreasonable measures. The 2nd amendment serves multiple purposes but protecting homes, businesses, and most importantly families is a good side benefit.

Also looters are here to make money off chaos so they will target retail businesses, if you have insurance for your business best to let the insurance companies pay out than putting yourself at risk, if you don't have insurance or it won't cover you from riots well then you have no other choice.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Most policies I've ever seen exclude acts of civil disobedience (i.e. riots), war and acts of terrorism. Many will not cover it even if you are willing to pay extra for that coverage !

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
What’s weird is you watch the video and see the key safe.. they knew exactly which drawer to look. You’d think the whole thing would be ran sacked..

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
What’s weird is you watch the video and see the key safe.. they knew exactly which drawer to look. You’d think the whole thing would be ran sacked..
It does make you wonder... who in their right mind would leave the keys... regardless if they were in a safe. You watch these guys busting open ATM's in the middle of the street you don't think they are going to get into the key safe? Not that hard to grab the keys and take them home with you.

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #80
Most policies I've ever seen exclude acts of civil disobedience (i.e. riots), war and acts of terrorism. Many will not cover it even if you are willing to pay extra for that coverage !
The two commercial properties that we own are both covered, of course one is a daycare and the other is a laundromat so not much to loot in either one but vandalism/riots that damage anything inside of the laundromat are covered up to $1 million dollars, the cost of the machines inside is roughly $250k, everything else is probably circa 100k combined including p/h/e, tankless water heaters, the card system, etc etc.

The daycare is covered up to $500,000. There's nothing in there worth more than 2-3k, combined interior worth probably less than 75k if you include p/h/e, appliances, etc etc.

Maybe other retail stores don't get the same coverage? I'm not an insurance expert but the way It was explained to me and my dad was that everything is covered including the building itself. Of course he would make out like a bandit if they torched these places because he does construction for a living i.e builds new homes, commercial properties, government contracts, etc etc. And it would cost him pennies on the dollar compared to a normal business owner.