Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Dialed a 9.72 and never got there.
Not even close.

Forget the R/T, that there is a duck. 7 tenths package whew.
9.75 dial. 3 hundreds off dial. not too bad.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
And it’s a 9.7 on the brakes.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
There is way more to see there if you know what to look at. There is only .03 difference in our Dial ins. It was staggered .500 pro tree. My 3 Amber Lights are already off and I have rolled completely out of the beams. I am not 100% sure but I am thinking his Green light is on (as well as mine). I cannot see how my Ambers could illuminate and go off in .03 second. So My assumption is that both mine and his Ambers have come on and gone out and I have rolled out of both my beams, and both his are still on. Easy win.
He wasn't just making a sandwich, he was making a 7 course meal. :LOL:

I assume he knew it was a pro tree ?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #824
Y E S !
. 0902210852.jpg

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
im jealous

Thats pretty kick ass. Now going to look at the jobs available in Arizona

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
I was wondering if this was going to happen. Yep, I'm jealous too.
Maybe install one of those RV carports for some shade.
BTW, I got the package Ron. Thanks.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #828
I was wondering if this was going to happen. Yep, I'm jealous too.
Maybe install one of those RV carports for some shade.
BTW, I got the package Ron. Thanks.
Oh good. USPS delivered a day early..............They have been doing that a lot lately.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Very nice.👍
Got to love the states with that kind of weather. An outside lift would never happen here in the rust belt..😖
It can happen here, just won't use it much in the winter;)

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Wish I had the neighbors fer 1. Being on the Gulf Coast,, even this time of year is not condusive to out door activities. Not like Az.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #832
Sorry Guys.....The Super Stock went ByBy today.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
What happened Ron,why the new avatar🤔
Have you got your old Demon back?

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
What happened Ron,why the new avatar🤔
Have you got your old Demon back?
What he said

I hope it didn t fall off the hoist

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Still had tranny problems like the RE? or you just missed the notoriety? Lol.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I think Ron’s madd at me for getting his twin !

Attachments

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #837
I think Ron’s madd at me for getting his twin !
Get to work on that Spoiler...........

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #838

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #840
MISC RAMBLINGS:

What got me going is something that was posted on another forum by a Friend of mine. And an article by a journalist that has several factual errors. And I might be wrong because I am ASSUMING that I am the one being referred to.

I don't like claiming records. Because, how can you possibly KNOW if someone out there has a better time or not? So any claim should ALWAYS be preceded by "as far as we know". I also do not like the ET/Time lists that are being generated. I find them useful because I can see where I am as far as performance. But they have their flaws. Cars on there claiming Stock that have aftermarket intakes and others that have performed the CaddyHack treatment. I agree with my one good Friend. I have to use NHRA STOCK as a benchmark. They DO NOT allow cars without door panels and carpet etc. They also have a minimum weight that I think is a shipping weight of a based stripped Model? Not sure. But those cars are on the list none the less.........

As many of you know I sold my first Demon because of some of this and the fact that the car had the shift hiccups. Then I got a RedEye. Some people on Facebook and in here gave me a lot of crap about that car and hurt my feelings. But the fact is the folks at FCA were aware of my VIN and the fact that I was going to race that car. So, I think it had a particularly strong engine. Pair that with the weight reduction I did and the Factory 3.09 gears and the car just could not complete the 1-2 shift on time. More like it was not even close to getting it done on time. Huge Hiccup where it crashed into the REV Limiter, literally closed the throttle all the way, completed the shift and then gave it all back. I actually think if it had worked right, it likely would have been a unicorn and been faster than my Super Stock. It ran 107 and 108 at Irwindale in +1800 DA and that was WITH that massive hiccup. Think about that for a second. I was in the process of preparing to get some help adjusting the Transmission calibration to fix that car when they announced the Super Stock. I had the HpTuners Tool and even had a new unlocked PCM as well. I actually sent that PCM back to HpTuners and had it re-initialized to use in the Super Stock. But it just sat, because I never got around to installing it because I was not ready to tune the engine Calibration yet.

OK, on FaceBook there is ONE particular asshole that always says some crap about me. And this ties into the record claims. So, I am going to tell you what was going on and how I feel about it. I got one of the first Super Stocks and I went straight to the track. So just about every time slip could likely be a record. But I am not running around Yelling RECORD RECORD RECORD! I was asked for my time slips and put on lists. That car hauled ass. But there were times it would hiccup. And it took me a WHILE to figure out what all was going on with the car. So I had it at Brian Masons track rental and low DA etc. Someone published an article on my Car using times from that event. First Super Stock to run 9's etc. I did not help with that article or endorse it etc. The info was likely grabbed from my Thread on here and I think one time he asked me something casually in a thread on Facebook, but DID NOT mention he was doing an article. Maybe. I cannot remember for sure. That time was 9.956.

So, at the Legion of Demons event the next weekend I went a little faster. But no new article. The car had hiccups. It was frustrating because FCA said this car would work better for what I was doing and I cannot keep buying car after car. Right? I had the HpTuners and they did not have support for the TCM Adaptives but they DID have it for the PCM. I thought maybe they were grouped together so I reset them. Wow, the car made a few good passes. But then the Hiccups returned. I reset the adaptives and a few good passes. But it still would not follow a perfect pattern but the pattern was there. I was told by Curt that when I reset the adaptives the engine made LESS power and that is what fixed the Hiccups temporarily. When the fuel trims came in the power would return along with the Hiccups. I actually had a Hiccup on the 1-2 (rev limit) and the 2-3 (transmission protection). So, with the DA and the weight reduction the car was getting outside the factory calibration and that was causing a MALFUNCTION. So, at the end of that day, Curt was helping me REPAIR the Problem/Malfunction. So, some want to say I was doing a Trans Tune. But it was not in the sense or designed to make the car any faster per se. I just wanted to do what was necessary to eliminate the hiccups and let the car run as fast as it could, stock. If the fuel trims were leveled out and the car did not hiccup, I felt the car could have had a high 9.80 in it during some of the best DA. Also note: the PCM was never unlocked. So, I had to be extra careful to not brick the PCM. One person that trashed some of my threads, and was really mean to me, did point out that you can tune the TCM and not have the PCM unlocked. The TCM’s are not locked. So that was one GOOD thing that came out of him coming in there like a wrecking ball. Unfortunately, that will never happen again.

Our first small change was to increase the shift pressure. The DA was dropping because the sun was just going down and they had just done a full prep of the track. So, the track was on point and the DA was getting better. The car ran 9.94 and then a 9.90. Good DA and NO Hiccups. In fact the shifts would be at a LOWER RPM because of the harder shift it will complete faster/sooner and pull the motor down away from the rev limiter. But it was spinning the slicks on the shifts and that is not really the fastest way down the race track. Every Tuner knows that and a performance tune would not be set up that way and would likely be combined with an unlocked PCM so you could raise rev limits and shift at a higher RPM. So, if you want to say I tuned my Trans and that is how I got the 9.90, that is fine. Did the change we made make the car faster. Hell yes it did, because it finally allowed the car to work right. But was it intended as a performance tune or modification. No.

So you can take my 9.90 off the list if you want. But I DID run 9.953 without any changes to the TCM and with the PCM adaptives reset to reduce power. So, completely stock PCM and TCM Calibrations. And this IS faster than this latest claimed record.

If the references in this latest article were aimed at me then I am going to call out. It was said that there were fewer changes from stock than the other car. Let’s list the changes from stock of the 2 cars please. Be honest.

Last edited: