Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
LIFE CHANGING EVENTS: 8 Months ago my Dad left this earth and left me some money. So, now I am leaving California and moving to Kingman AZ. It's kind of scary and will be a huge hassle in some respects, but sometimes you just have to go for it.

I am going from an apartment, where each time I trailer the Car it is a logistical nightmare, to being more on my own timeline and much more convinient. But, I will be trailering EVERY time I run the car from now on. Vegas 125 miles, Phoenix 210, Irwindale 310, Bakersfield 360. They might build a Drag Strip in Yucca 32 miles away. Just rumors at the moment. FCA Proving Grounds is right there. I am right on the 40 and this will give me a head start going to the mid west and back east and is a couple hundred miles closer to Houston/Dallas.

Also the Car will be safe inside with plenty of room for everything, AND the Truck (30X60 additional Garage in back). RV/Trailer parking has to be poured but it is setup for it (useable as is) and it will be generous in approach and length.

Escrow closes July 8th. Wish me luck.

View attachment 46817
Best of luck!

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Sorry about your father , good luck with the move’

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Too bad about your Dad Ron my sympathy..😪
Glad your able to make that move and your new place looks very nice..👍

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Sorry to hear about your dad. I know you have mentioned him in the past as being a big reason to not leave California.

Good luck. Sounds like a sweet setup.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Sorry to hear about you dad Ron, time stops for no one though. Good luck with the move! You are one state closer to New Mexico and the best Mexican food on the earth, stop by some time and get the Chile shits like you’ve never had before! ;) I’d say come to race some time but our track is barely passable compared to what you guys are used to.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #726
Sorry to hear about you dad Ron, time stops for no one though. Good luck with the move! You are one state closer to New Mexico and the best Mexican food on the earth, stop by some time and get the Chile shits like you’ve never had before! ;) I’d say come to race some time but our track is barely passable compared to what you guys are used to.
Eric, I really like New Mexico. It is super beautiful in many areas. I have looked all over the US and I really wanted to move to TX. But the Property Taxes were just too much. The fact that they have no State Income Tax is not going to help me much with my low taxable income being freshly retired. I just applied for Social Security and August will be my first Ck.

I also do not want to be somewhere where there is constant weather blowing through. I watch the National Nightly News and it is rare for them to not talk about the weather in the whole middle and eastern US. I love the Desert and I like the dry climate.

I was looking in Lake Havasu City because I have good friends there, but the prices are just too out of control and it is a little too hot for me. Kingman is about 11-13 Deg cooler most times I check. So I widened my search a little and stumbled on this House in Kingman.

This Property checked a lot of the Boxes for me so I had to go for it. And you may find this funny, but I made my final descision at Lunch. I ate at Chipotle before heading back to Pasadena after viewing the House. And, I really liked the People I saw coming in there to eat and picking up their food.

VIEW LOOKING IN BACK GARAGE FROM THE SIDE STREET 60' long W/8X16' doors

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Slinger
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Superstock
How are you guys getting the miles per hour out of your SS cars? I took mine down to Union Grove to do a little testing, and I barely broke 130 with my 29.5 DBR's and Hoosier skinnys on win lites. My best pass was a 10.43, with a 1.454 60', at 130.45 mph. All other passes that didn't spin were 10.5's-10.8's at 129 and change. I have sway bar off, rear seat delete, nothing in trunk, empty w/w res, 20 psi rear, 34 front, 100 octane. I don't have DA for the day. Temps went from 86 down to 74 for my best pass, with mid-level humidity. I tried from track to default settings, and let the auto shift itself. Track was sketchy, so I had to come out of the hole foot brake, off idle. I did check my on-board engine dyno, and it looks like it's pulling around 720-ish HP on the screen after a pass, though I don't know how accurate it is. Roughly 600 miles. Any words of advice?

Attachments

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
DA can impact MPH quite a bit. Look up the weather on www.airdensityonline.com and see what that looks like.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
How are you guys getting the miles per hour out of your SS cars? I took mine down to Union Grove to do a little testing, and I barely broke 130 with my 29.5 DBR's and Hoosier skinnys on win lites. My best pass was a 10.43, with a 1.454 60', at 130.45 mph. All other passes that didn't spin were 10.5's-10.8's at 129 and change. I have sway bar off, rear seat delete, nothing in trunk, empty w/w res, 20 psi rear, 34 front, 100 octane. I don't have DA for the day. Temps went from 86 down to 74 for my best pass, with mid-level humidity. I tried from track to default settings, and let the auto shift itself. Track was sketchy, so I had to come out of the hole foot brake, off idle. I did check my on-board engine dyno, and it looks like it's pulling around 720-ish HP on the screen after a pass, though I don't know how accurate it is. Roughly 600 miles. Any words of advice?
Damn that’s disappointing, my best with my redeye was 10.002 @ 134.81 and a 1.434 60’ maybe I should have kept it !😖

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I was going to look up the DA but I don't see a date on your slip. Like speedy said you can find it on line. If it was a humid day to go with your 80's temps your Da could have been 3000 feet.
Right now we are at 81 with 70% humidity and only 29.7 barometer so the DA is 2700 feet. Compared to 0 DA that is 3-4 tenths and about the same mph

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Sorry about your father Ron… you guys definitely got some years in together.
The new digs should change your life quite a bit, can’t wait for more updates.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #732
That is actually a pretty good sixty foot for leaving from an idle. GLD should dead hook on any of the good nights. Sticky Thursday is my choice. If I was having any issues at all I would go to 18.5-19 psi or lower if I really wanted to stay and make more passes. Best 60 foots are going to be getting up on the converter a bunch. Probably .02 better.

Stage SHALLOW BUT SOLID. SRT Performance Spoiler might help. 2021 Drag Packs run it. I have my RH Mirror deleted.

Honestly I think Speedy is right. Probably just the DA more than anything else. GLD is something like 650 nominal feet. I think. My car only ran 133 in the heat at the Rock. It did 135 in the morning. I have done 137 in negative DA a couple times.

Once the car gets 500 passes it will pick up a tenth and a MPH. Also cooling down the motor/blower is worth a tenth and a mph.

If I want to set a personal best, I will fully warm up my motor if it is coming out of the trailer by driving it around 10+ minutes, then I will fan the blower down to ambient + 30 minutes. Then you want to go right up and stage. Daytime event, first pass in the morning when it is coldest.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
That is actually a pretty good sixty foot for leaving from an idle. GLD should dead hook on any of the good nights. Sticky Thursday is my choice. If I was having any issues at all I would go to 18.5-19 psi or lower if I really wanted to stay and make more passes. Best 60 foots are going to be getting up on the converter a bunch. Probably .02 better.

Stage SHALLOW BUT SOLID. SRT Performance Spoiler might help. 2021 Drag Packs run it. I have my RH Mirror deleted.

Honestly I think Speedy is right. Probably just the DA more than anything else. GLD is something like 650 nominal feet. I think. My car only ran 133 in the heat at the Rock. It did 135 in the morning. I have done 137 in negative DA a couple times.

Once the car gets 500 passes it will pick up a tenth and a MPH. Also cooling down the motor/blower is worth a tenth and a mph.

If I want to set a personal best, I will fully warm up my motor if it is coming out of the trailer by driving it around 10+ minutes, then I will fan the blower down to ambient + 30 minutes. Then you want to go right up and stage. Daytime event, first pass in the morning when it is coldest.
If I make back to back passes (no shut off going right back around) my car runs quicker. Was able to do 3 runs in a row twice and the 3rd pass was the quickest both times

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #734
If I make back to back passes (no shut off going right back around) my car runs quicker. Was able to do 3 runs in a row twice and the 3rd pass was the quickest both times
Yes that is true. But few have that oppertunity. In the Legion of Demons events we run what we call "6 Packs". 6 Cars and we have the track to ourselves. 3 Pairs run in succession for 3 passes each. By the time the 3rd pair launches the first pair is just getting back.

BTW you want to start your 6 pack with a cold blower. Also the 2nd pass will be the fastest if the Power chiller is locked out (<55 deg).

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Sounds like some really good runs and some really fast cars. Ron, sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Been through it myself. Retired now and would of had a lot more time to go up to the lake and visit with my parents, but they're both gone now. Great generation our parents were, eh?

Congrats on the new place too. Looks like some nice shop and parking areas (does anything else really matter?)

By chance do you (or anyone here) have a Demon VIN number (last nine digits'll do) so my parts guy can look up the coil springs? (or part numbers would be great if you have them). I want my parts guy to order me some for my Red Eye. I'm going to do a few things to my car in an effort to get better launches. My car only hooks about once each time I take her to the track. It's no fun running in the 11s (or maybe high 10s if I'm lucky). Getting to the point where i just pack up and go home... :(

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #736
Sounds like some really good runs and some really fast cars. Ron, sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Been through it myself. Retired now and would of had a lot more time to go up to the lake and visit with my parents, but they're both gone now. Great generation our parents were, eh?

Congrats on the new place too. Looks like some nice shop and parking areas (does anything else really matter?)

By chance do you (or anyone here) have a Demon VIN number (last nine digits'll do) so my parts guy can look up the coil springs? (or part numbers would be great if you have them). I want my parts guy to order me some for my Red Eye. I'm going to do a few things to my car in an effort to get better launches. My car only hooks about once each time I take her to the track. It's no fun running in the 11s (or maybe high 10s if I'm lucky). Getting to the point where i just pack up and go home... :(
I decided to put off changing the springs until after I get moved. I might be screwing myself. Because some of the Demon Specific Parts are drying up. The Struts we just got, the boxes looked 30 years old and they each came from a different warehouse and arrived at different times.

So, I decided to not pick up these Demon Springs yesterday at Glendora Dodge when I was there picking up a set of Sruts for my Friend. That means they have them "in Stock" available to sell to someone else. You can use any Demon Vin you want for lookup JH100465 and these are not restricted any more.

0619210827.jpg

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #737
I went through my time slips from the Rock. I was mistaken. When I made my best passes I only ran 133. In the afternoon on Friday the car ran in the 10.20's and actually got down in the 129 mph range. So don't worry. When you get in some negative DA you will be totally normal on your MPH's.
. 10.02 ROCK.jpg 10.03 ROCK.jpg

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Ahhh, thank you Ron. This should really help...

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Very sorry to hear about your dad Ron. Congrats on getting out of CA and into some better digs. The new place looks amazing. Wish you all the best.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Slinger
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Superstock
I want to thank everyone for the help. I looked up the DA, and it was pretty high when I started- 3200', and it was around 2500' on my last pass. I ran mostly 129's with the last pass at 130. It looks like I'll be able to pick up another 3.5 mph on a good day.

DA calcs 6-10-2021.PNG

Does anyone use the launch control, or just foot brake against the converter?

I ordered a set of demon springs from my local WI dealership, using the part numbers, and no questions were asked about VIN#'s

Good luck at your new place Ron, it looks great. Sorry to hear about your dad.

Thanks again for the help, this is a great venue.