Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR ONESEAT DEMON WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
There is a legion thread. I posted a couple of your times today

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
OK, it has been a long challenging day. I did 4 passes in the morning and they were not giving time slips and they were not on the app. The times on the score board were valid but I did not have anyone there taking video for me. But does not matter much since you would not have the 60 foot or 1/8 mile times etc. Such a drag no time slips. They finally got that working and then I went out and got after it and the timing system had a glitch on MY run. The 20 runs before me the info was on the printer and the 20 runs after me was there and my run was just a few random numbers. It sucks because that was a seemingly amazing run. But the car was having a hiccup on the 1-2 and 2-3. Here we go again. So we did a 6 pack so 3 runs back to back. I used the HpTuners to reset the Transmission and Engine adaptives. This seemed to help but not completely. I am pretty sure it was the track prep. It's usually amazing and in a lot of respects it was but there were some aspects that were not on point. Anyhow on the 6 pack the first run was excellent, second run it had a hiccup and 3rd run it spun. So the 2nd and 3rd pass are usually the best runs by far. NOT. Then it spun the next 2 passes after that. So, now it's spinning all the time , scratch my head. Well, there was a huge oil down so a long wait. I went up with a reasonable cooldown and I went to the right lane. The oil down lane, I did not know. Then it happened. I had a record pass, as far as I know, for now anyway. But the thing is it was far from the perfect pass. The oildown was a double edge sword. It helped me hook and run great up to the point of the oil down and then the car was spinning and the Stabillity Control or loss of traction killed my mph and cost me a 9.4X run. Oh damn. Based on my research this pass was down as much as 6 MPH on the 1/4 mile speed. Oh well. Maybe I can get that ideal pass tomorrow.......... View attachment 93479
Your runs are with in .02 from each other so looks like MPH is off. Right lane looks to high in the 1/8th and to low in 1/4 maybe

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
OK, it has been a long challenging day. I did 4 passes in the morning and they were not giving time slips and they were not on the app. The times on the score board were valid but I did not have anyone there taking video for me. But does not matter much since you would not have the 60 foot or 1/8 mile times etc. Such a drag no time slips. They finally got that working and then I went out and got after it and the timing system had a glitch on MY run. The 20 runs before me the info was on the printer and the 20 runs after me was there and my run was just a few random numbers. It sucks because that was a seemingly amazing run. But the car was having a hiccup on the 1-2 and 2-3. Here we go again. So we did a 6 pack so 3 runs back to back. I used the HpTuners to reset the Transmission and Engine adaptives. This seemed to help but not completely. I am pretty sure it was the track prep. It's usually amazing and in a lot of respects it was but there were some aspects that were not on point. Anyhow on the 6 pack the first run was excellent, second run it had a hiccup and 3rd run it spun. So the 2nd and 3rd pass are usually the best runs by far. NOT. Then it spun the next 2 passes after that. So, now it's spinning all the time , scratch my head. Well, there was a huge oil down so a long wait. I went up with a reasonable cooldown and I went to the right lane. The oil down lane, I did not know. Then it happened. I had a record pass, as far as I know, for now anyway. But the thing is it was far from the perfect pass. The oildown was a double edge sword. It helped me hook and run great up to the point of the oil down and then the car was spinning and the Stabillity Control or loss of traction killed my mph and cost me a 9.4X run. Oh damn. Based on my research this pass was down as much as 6 MPH on the 1/4 mile speed. Oh well. Maybe I can get that ideal pass tomorrow.......... View attachment 93479
How old are the tires Ron? Maybe they are going away.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Lots of traction issues Friday. Hope the track is better today

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
One of the cars I was tuning had a hiccup I’m guessing because of prep has heel. I changed the ramp and fill of the trans pressures and never another issue.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Congrats on new record 9.46 142!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #507
Congrats on new record 9.46 142!
Car ran almost exactly what it should based on the weight I took out since last year. Still more hiccups but a few good passes. Based on incrementals the car would have done 9.4X after 9.4X. But one hiccup and it slows you down about a tenth. I can't really bitch too much. We are so much lighter than OEM I am surprised the stock tuning has held up so well.

Reset the PCM and TCM adaptives again for the second time and I am pretty sure that is what gets the car down the track. But interestingly the fist time I did it the First pass was hiccup free and this time the third pass was hiccup free. Go figure. I honestly think it is just random luck when the tires stay hooked enough to keep the car from a hiccup. The Prep was better today. But if I got up on the converter too much it would spin. Twice I backed up to give it another go and it hooked. So cool they let you back up for a second hit............ 9.467.png 9.478.png 9.487.png

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #508
It's the strangest thing. The tires were covered with rocks at one point after the runs, and then all of a sudden they are dry looking and mostly rock free. Maybe I got them too hot on a couple of the burnouts? Maybe they changed the track prep? I was worried about the Hoosier death wobble so yes I was extending the burnout some.......Not too old. I was thinking the same thing.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #509
Your runs are with in .02 from each other so looks like MPH is off. Right lane looks to high in the 1/8th and to low in 1/4 maybe
That 1/8 speed is legit and by far a record. What happened is that run was after that massive oil down in that lane. The car was actaully spinning and the stability control was coming on. It was scrunching the tires and it felt like 80 MPH gusts of wind was hitting the car head on. But, I stayed in it because there was no yaw. So that 1/8 speed is correct and the final speed was low by about 6 MPH because of the stability control. Look at the 1/8th mile ET. It matches the speed. Based on the other time slips posted I estimate this run would have been about .01 quicker than that 9.46. I am fine with the 9.46.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
What's the car weigh? 142mph is up there for stock pulley and tune.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #511
What's the car weigh? 142mph is up there for stock pulley and tune.
3895 with just under 1/4 tank on the HRP scale. No Driver.

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
3895 with just under 1/4 tank on the HRP scale. No Driver.
You not having issues losing fuel pressure running it below 1/2 a tank?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #513
OK, I need help. The car is experiencing long crank times. And it's getting worse. But also not consistent. About 1/3 of the time during the day it starts fine. Maybe I am just not keeping track of the situation so I may be wrong on this.

It started little by little. Cold starts to now it can be hot and still do it. When I was going to load the car last night it had sat a couple hours on the ramp lined up to go in, and it cranked about 20 seconds and nothing. Second try it started.

It does not sputter and fart like an E-85 car so when it gets there is starts right up.

My #1 assumption is that it is losing rail pressure. Yesterday on the cold start in the morning I did 3 priming cycles and it started right away.

I called VP before I started running the M1 Methanol. He said if I was blending with Gasoline that he was not any more concerned about corrosion than using E-85. And I used that a lot without any issues. But I don't think I told him the car would be stored with the M1 in the car. I think I screwed up.

So are the fuel injectors leaking? Or is it the check valves on the fuel pumps? Survey says??? What?

The car hauls ass, so the injectors and fuel pumps are working good with the car running it seems.

So, new Injectors or have them rebuilt? Rebuilt where?

Fuel pump check valves. Replace them or maybe have to do the whole 2 pump assembly at mega bucks.

Any thoughts? I do not have much experience with this. I just want to race......

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #514
You not having issues losing fuel pressure running it below 1/2 a tank?
It seems if I am below about 3/16 it will drop some. Keep in mind I only data logged 3 runs on this car (or any other stock Demon for that matter). It was 50 at idle and 108 in the shutdown and it looks like it can maintain 100 to 105 during the run. So, in the 1/8 mile, the pass that it is running out and surging as I go down the track (no data log on that run) and then the pass before that it did drop to about 75 PSI before the finish line (but that run was flawless without any hiccups), and the one before that maintained 100 + the whole run.
So, in my best guess 3/16 will be solid fuel pressure and the pass that turns on the low level light will have some loss and the pass after that may or may not surge. I have made MANY runs running out of fuel and surging and never hurt anything. But stock tune and stock boost etc. Disclaimer: I did not log any 1/4 mile runs. So thankfully I am still in the dark on that one.........
Now that I data logged and now that I took that last 27 pounds out of the BACK of the car, I am planning on trying to be at or just below 1/4 tank. I am pretty sure all of my 9.4X runs this weekend I had closer to 1/4 tank than not......

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Your New race battery

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
My Hellcat bone stock didn't like much below 1/2 tank and I'd see the bypass open in logs. Maybe the 2 pumps in the Demon are holding a little more fuel in the bucket avoiding that issue.

On your starting problem, it sounds to me like the lines aren't holding fuel after shut down. If it fires right up after priming it, that would be a clue. Maybe someone with the TI295 pumps can chime in since those don't have check valves and describe their startup characteristics. @16GoManGoHC2 runs the 295s.

Alternatively the fuel trims could be off due to the methanol mixed fuel, but I'd expect a code if it were bad enough to cause a starting issue.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My Hellcat bone stock didn't like much below 1/2 tank and I'd see the bypass open in logs. Maybe the 2 pumps in the Demon are holding a little more fuel in the bucket avoiding that issue.

On your starting problem, it sounds to me like the lines aren't holding fuel after shut down. If it fires right up after priming it, that would be a clue. Maybe someone with the TI295 pumps can chime in since those don't have check valves and describe their startup characteristics. @16GoManGoHC2 runs the 295s.

Alternatively the fuel trims could be off due to the methanol mixed fuel, but I'd expect a code if it were bad enough to cause a starting issue.
I have the 295 pumps and it starts just like it did stock

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye

You’d be surprised how far off the tune has to be to get a code for fuel trims.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
20-25% is what I remember. I got mine pretty far off on E85 at first when I was learning.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
OK, I need help. The car is experiencing long crank times. And it's getting worse. But also not consistent. About 1/3 of the time during the day it starts fine. Maybe I am just not keeping track of the situation so I may be wrong on this.

It started little by little. Cold starts to now it can be hot and still do it. When I was going to load the car last night it had sat a couple hours on the ramp lined up to go in, and it cranked about 20 seconds and nothing. Second try it started.

It does not sputter and fart like an E-85 car so when it gets there is starts right up.

My #1 assumption is that it is losing rail pressure. Yesterday on the cold start in the morning I did 3 priming cycles and it started right away.

I called VP before I started running the M1 Methanol. He said if I was blending with Gasoline that he was not any more concerned about corrosion than using E-85. And I used that a lot without any issues. But I don't think I told him the car would be stored with the M1 in the car. I think I screwed up.

So are the fuel injectors leaking? Or is it the check valves on the fuel pumps? Survey says??? What?

The car hauls ass, so the injectors and fuel pumps are working good with the car running it seems.

So, new Injectors or have them rebuilt? Rebuilt where?

Fuel pump check valves. Replace them or maybe have to do the whole 2 pump assembly at mega bucks.

Any thoughts? I do not have much experience with this. I just want to race......
I can tell you how to check if injs. an or pump check valves are leaking.
PM your phone # an can explain it, but you will need a couple of tools.