Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dealer ADMs on the Demon170

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I had a dealer with 1 of the insignificant last call cars tell me $10K adm. I offered msrp, then I went $5k adm.

A manager then called me and said that $10K was in concrete and he was going to take me off the list.

I responded that he can but when the time comes, he just might need me.

Who knows what is going to happen? I was willing to secure with a contract with a deposit.
I have never liked ADM's...ever (and don't pay em)...and with something as special as this car...those who buy the car @ MSRP..with the intention of flipping it for10..20...30 or more than they paid for it...are no better than a dealer that charges huge ADM's

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
$10-20-30k? No way bro...... WAYYYYY more than that! Like 10x that! If someone gets there hands on one and sits on it, it will be worth a small fortune once ICE is completely phased out which aint too far away......

Aside from being extemely collectable its extremely capable. That motor is probably good to 1200-1300 hp. The simple bolt on and porting that goes on now with the Redeye /JB platform will result in 1200 hp so with this platform so it has lots of value. The average dude can now have something really freaking fast geeeez!

But lets be honest its not like the car is gonna go down in value if one pays more than MSRP. Even if they drive it as long as they keep it stock which most will I bet I mean shit it makes probably 820 whp on 93 octane. Thats PLENTY for 99% of the population. And probably 920-930 whp or so on E85.

I have never liked ADM's...ever (and don't pay em)...and with something as special as this car...those who buy the car @ MSRP..with the intention of flipping it for10..20...30 or more than they paid for it...are no better than a dealer that charges huge ADM's

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
1679831988889.png

OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #184
I may be mistaken but didn’t you sell your 2018 Demon.

OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #185
I posted the basics of this on another thread. I was talking to another forum member yesterday. He races his Demon and is trying to purchase a Demon170. He may not get one due to the ADM fiasco. However, he is willing to pay a $25k ADM. His rationale is had Dodge priced the car at $130k MSRP he would have gladly paid it. Just a few short years ago the first manufacturer produced road car with more than 1000 HP was a Bugatti Veyron, and what did that cost.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I posted the basics of this on another thread. I was talking to another forum member yesterday. He races his Demon and is trying to purchase a Demon170. He may not get one due to the ADM fiasco. However, he is willing to pay a $25k ADM. His rationale is had Dodge priced the car at $130k MSRP he would have gladly paid it. Just a few short years ago the first manufacturer produced road car with more than 1000 HP was a Bugatti Veyron, and what did that cost.
I have already said I figured the car would start at 150k and based on that I wouldn't have an issue for the 50k adm based on money. As part of a markup it has been looked at differently but at the end of the day it is 150k either way:rolleyes:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
You could also look at it as if it was msrp 150k and there is 50k adm on top you are 50k ahead now:unsure:
People still would be beating the door down at 150k but since it is 100k plus 50k it is different I guess

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
I don't remember what my cost was. Let me dig through my file and see if I can find the buyer's order.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Something else just occurred to me

If dealerships are "just exercising a free marketplace in a capitalist society", then they shouldn't need to hide their ADM with any schemes, right?

They should proudly list it on the sales order, with no hidden trickery, or deceit.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Something else just occurred to me

If dealerships are "just exercising a free marketplace in a capitalist society", then they shouldn't need to hide their ADM with any schemes, right?

They should proudly list it on the sales order, with no hidden trickery, or deceit.
I've seen them with ADM on the bump sticker.

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
I've seen them with ADM on the bump sticker.
He's referring to the notarized statement that needs to be turned in.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
He's referring to the notarized statement that needs to be turned in.
So everyone is complicant in fraud?

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
300 miles on it already? :unsure:
That's because they plan to enjoy some test drives before they sell it!!;);)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Anyone who signs and who presents the affidavit.

If there are aspects of the agreement not included on the form.

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
Anyone who signs the document who's actually paying an ADM, but representing it as an MSRP deal. That's what the dealers did on the original demon to circumvent their ADM deal being produced last.

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
I doubt it will make any difference, because the 100 units or so that were sold at MSRP will be produced very quickly. The remaining allocations will be produced subsequently. It's all a bunch of BS and really doesn't have any substance behind it.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Anyone who signs the document who's actually paying an ADM, but representing it as an MSRP deal. That's what the dealers did on the original demon to circumvent their ADM deal being produced last.
The consumer wins in about 90% of these type of cases because the court always assumes, as a professional, that you know better, and you took advantage of an uneducated consumer.