Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
You say that like it's either a bad thing, or even unusual...

:cool:
True - been known to do that myself - I am usually smiling when do that though... kind of like a beautiful woman, it's hard not to look and enjoy the view.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Replaced the Brembo pads with Power Stop Z26 pads. Tired of all the F@#K’ing brake dust the Brembo produced.

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
Replaced the Brembo pads with Power Stop Z26 pads. Tired of all the F@#K’ing brake dust the Brembo produced.
This is something that I plan to do as well. Did you do the rotors as well or just the pads?

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
This is something that I plan to do as well. Did you do the rotors as well or just the pads?
Just the pads, the rotors only have 5600 miles on them.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I'd love a "how-to" on that, if you have one. Those labels seem pretty stuck
It's a little involved, nutty, and takes some balls, but here goes. If you have a rear seat delete, the base decal (the long decal) comes off real easy. I have two bases, one standard and one Demon. The standard just practically fell off. The Demon needed a little heat. The reason I say a little is because if you hit it too long ( which may only be a second or two too long) it cooks, shrivels and gets more entangled in the felt. That is why if your not real adept at the heat gun use a hair dryer. The two medallions on the back panel are more involved and are better stuck on. The heat only made them fuse into the felt more and I immediately stopped and went to a straight edge razor. Luckily I have a supply of NOS old American made straight razors that are as sharp as scalpel's. After cutting, at close view, you could see the "shadow" of the medallions. I then took a Nylon brush to "blend" the material to the rest. Passenger side came out better than drivers.
OK, now the visors. Definitely more involved. You heat them and peel them. Pretty straight forward but you now have a definite square of glue on the visor infused into the material....Here's where it get's nutty and ballsy. I put on some nitrile gloves, covered the dash and myself with an old thick absorbent dog blanket. Meaning I used the same large blanket for me and the dash, and just slid under while I got in the seat, covering legs and torso and seat too. I then got a fresh role of shop towels, odorless mineral spirits, and the nylon brush. I soaked the towel and "wetted" the visor then scrubbed the shit out of it with the nylon brush working in small areas. I pulled the glue out with a clean dry shop towel, sopping up glue and fluid and tossed. Repeat...repeat...repeat. This is all happening from above with mineral spirits dripping down your hands onto blanket. I spent 45 min to an hour scrubbing, and cleaning both sides. When done I sprayed and soaked the visors with Febreze and dried with shop towels. Repeat..repeat. Then I left the windows down all night. Not a hint of odor the next day.
So....that's all there is to it.

Attachments

Last edited:

JP426

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Walla Walla
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I had stock size Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires installed. Only have about 60 miles on them, but so far they feel quite a bit better than the Pirelli's. I was contemplating putting 20" Nitto 555 RII's on the rear, but already have a dedicated wheel and tire setup for the strip, decided these would be better all around cruising tires.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I had stock size Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires installed. Only have about 60 miles on them, but so far they feel quite a bit better than the Pirelli's. I was contemplating putting 20" Nitto 555 RII's on the rear, but already have a dedicated wheel and tire setup for the strip, decided these would be better all around cruising tires.
Try to give a review on these after a short time. Maybe an edit on the post?. Some guys swear by these and being you went with a stock size replacement it would be a good apples to apples comparison. Just want to see if they're as good as they say.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
It's a little involved, nutty, and takes some balls, but here goes. If you have a rear seat delete, the base decal (the long decal) comes off real easy. I have two bases, one standard and one Demon. The standard just practically fell off. The Demon needed a little heat. The reason I say a little is because if you hit it too long ( which may only be a second or two too long) it cooks, shrivels and gets more entangled in the felt. That is why if your not real adept at the heat gun use a hair dryer. The two medallions on the back panel are more involved and are better stuck on. The heat only made them fuse into the felt more and I immediately stopped and went to a straight edge razor. Luckily I have a supply of NOS old American made straight razors that are as sharp as scalpel's. After cutting, at close view, you could see the "shadow" of the medallions. I then took a Nylon brush to "blend" the material to the rest. Passenger side came out better than drivers.
OK, now the visors. Definitely more involved. You heat them and peel them. Pretty straight forward but you now have a definite square of glue on the visor infused into the material....Here's where it get's nutty and ballsy. I put on some nitrile gloves, covered the dash and myself with an old thick absorbent dog blanket. Meaning I used the same large blanket for me and the dash, and just slid under while I got in the seat, covering legs and torso and seat too. I then got a fresh role of shop towels, odorless mineral spirits, and the nylon brush. I soaked the towel and "wetted" the visor then scrubbed the shit out of it with the nylon brush working in small areas. I pulled the glue out with a clean dry shop towel, sopping up glue and fluid and tossed. Repeat...repeat...repeat. This is all happening from above with mineral spirits dripping down your hands onto blanket. I spent 45 min to an hour scrubbing, and cleaning both sides. When done I sprayed and soaked the visors with Febreze and dried with shop towels. Repeat..repeat. Then I left the windows down all night. Not a hint of odor the next day.
So....that's all there is to it.
Holy shit.

I don't mind them as much now...

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Put on the rear splash guards, tired of using painters tape at the track. Upgraded the hardware to M-1.0 bolts with a 8mm head. Screws with the wheels on be damned.

9320098D-7FE7-446F-8817-A01165226062.jpeg E9780A76-6BBB-45FB-86E5-F04553D727CF.jpeg F9817A79-7E68-468B-9FAA-B7913926DB29.jpeg

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Spent the weekend racing - our yearly weekend at Woodburn dragstrip in Oregon - I struggled with the M6, getting it to hook up with the stock street tires (P-Zero's) coming off the line, but I was able to get some respectable runs in the high 11's - my limit seems to be right at a 1.9sec 60 foot. Try to improve that and the tires break loose, getting slower puts me in the low 12's. I was hoping to improve on my personal beat of 11.68@123, but only came close (11.77 @122).
The Barton shifter and clutch delay valve helped a lot in the shifting department, but my consistency still sucked... ( still wouldnt trade my M6 for an auto though... lol)

JP426

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Walla Walla
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Practiced social distancing cruising with the Hellcats.

Attachments

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Added some Nitto 555g2's in the front to match my 555r2's in the back. Not needed but definitely helps my OCD.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Started it. Was going to treat myself to a rare day of driving it to work since it is cool and beautiful. Check engine light is back. p2098 appears again with a more serious tone. This time, I drove about 1000’, U-turn back to the garage. Either one side is running like shit or it sounds like there is a big hole in the exhaust somewhere. After a great start this Redeye is about to get on my nerves. This POS has sucked a supercharger and now has some type of exhaust/sensor/cat problem now and has the dependability of a old taxi! Good thing I did not plan on using it this weekend.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I decided to step up and start going fast - tires and wheels are coming, which mean a driveshaft and diff brace with a tazer for the line loc (M6)... I am seeing a slippery slope ahead (and money leaving my wallet)...
Speed cost money - how fast do I want to go?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Put on the rear splash guards, tired of using painters tape at the track. Upgraded the hardware to M-1.0 bolts with a 8mm head. Screws with the wheels on be damned.

View attachment 20552 View attachment 20553 View attachment 20554
Painters tape look horrible! I think of going to drag strip like going to a car show. Even if I didn't have the guards I still wouldn't use tape. The splash guards keep 99% of the rubber off the car and are not that noticeable. I have the JLT's on mine which work great.
20200612_172531.jpg 20200612_171955.jpg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Added some Nitto 555g2's in the front to match my 555r2's in the back. Not needed but definitely helps my OCD.
Been thinking on doing the same thing. Running the stockers on the front

TorRedHellgato

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Stuff like that works also

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Been thinking on doing the same thing. Running the stockers on the front
G2s are excellent choice up front