Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Always a good thing to do! I took mine off the '15 before I traded her in and now I have them on my Redeye. They were almost new, so why buy them again?

I also installed the ZL1 addons front chin spoiler protectors. I found out quickly that it was much more of a PITA to install on a WB than what it was on my '15 HC....but I NEEDED them with my driveway....
Yeah, agreed, if these Gorilla lugs are in still in good shape then you have to recycle. Other option, if they didn't look good, would be to see if you could have them powdercoated.

How do you like the ZL1 chin protectors? I am debating myself if I should or not, as we also have a lot of dips, and now have one "indent". I also thought we can but a new one for $200 or get the $50 protectors...

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Yeah, agreed, if these Gorilla lugs are in still in good shape then you have to recycle. Other option, if they didn't look good, would be to see if you could have them powdercoated.

How do you like the ZL1 chin protectors? I am debating myself if I should or not, as we also have a lot of dips, and now have one "indent". I also thought we can but a new one for $200 or get the $50 protectors...
The Gorillas lugs were in "like new" condition!

I can't help you decide on whether to install the ZL1 protectors or not. I can tell you about my experience with them though...

My spoiler scraped in one spot on my drive, where it transitions to the street. No matter how I tried to turn the wheels it seemed it would scrape. So I bought a replacement chin spoiler as a spare once I tore mine up bad enough. Then I decided to try the ZL1 protectors. I took a sharp razor blade and gently took off all the curled up plastic off the leading edge of my chin spoiler and it turned out great and looked new again! At the same time I installed the ZL1 protectors. I was amazed at how well they worked. Of course the spoiler still drug the drive every time I backed out, but all the scraping was on the ZL1 "buttons"....not my spoiler. Hopefully the wide body one I installed will work as well. I know the install on the WB was a little more fiddly than the regular HC, but not super hard. I have no affiliation with ZL1 whatsoever...(although you can refund my $$ for the free advertising if you want ZL1 if you're reading this!!. lol). I just know they work...

Now I still have a brand new chin spoiler sitting in my garage that I'll never use. I plan to just sell it for what I paid for it locally.

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Walked by it again today, wondering just how many hours I may be lucky enough to operate it before it has to be put away before winter!

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Got to drive to work.
4066A7BD-706C-48F8-9B52-02B30031DA9E.jpeg

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Beautiful !! Torred I assume? I used to own a Torred Challenger.....got all kinds of compliments at stop lights. What percent tint do you have? Doesn't look as dark as most that I've seen.

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Beautiful !! Torred I assume? I used to own a Torred Challenger.....got all kinds of compliments at stop lights. What percent tint do you have? Doesn't look as dark as most that I've seen.
Thanks, yup torred. I do 20% to match rears usually and that level works for me. Sometimes I head out when its dark and still like to see.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
:cool:

20191004_144453.jpg

We won't talk about lap times, it will be our little secret....

To be fair, it was my very first time on a track like this, and in this car. I was completely freaked out about the sheet metal and paint.

There's more, but I'll save it for its own thread.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
:cool:

View attachment 3740

We won't talk about lap times, it will be our little secret....

To be fair, it was my very first time on a track like this, and in this car. I was completely freaked out about the sheet metal and paint.

There's more, but I'll save it for its own thread.
Looking forward to that thread.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Not a damn thing,,, too hot another 98 degrees. 76 in the morn and will paint the valve covers before the 1st beer at 7:30 with Hardees bis quit. Can't shoot clear or emron,, too hot, and spider web.

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Not a damn thing,,, too hot another 98 degrees. 76 in the morn and will paint the valve covers before the 1st beer at 7:30 with Hardees bis quit. Can't shoot clear or emron,, too hot, and spider web.
Sounds like where i live. Minus the beer at 7:30 am

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Ok: hold out till 7:45.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Well drove it finally last night. The DA here was somewhere btw 0-500', the big Michlien tires did not think highly of the mid-40 degree air. Both of those things just magnify how flipping powerful these things are. Went to dinner and just gave it a little juice on a nice entrance ramp. Damn about 1/4 throttle and I could feel the big boys skating around back there. So then into traffic etc, we behaved until later. It is amazing how you can just barely more than idle a Redeye around and do just fine. Got it to pull well just for a second or two later out in the rural area near my home. If you believe the DA calculators and that it starts with a certified 812 hp, a guy can dream fairly vividly of driving with about 830 hp (crank). It's plenty, it is really goofy on the street really. I got home and thought about how easy it is for these things to get away from those who don't understand and crash as we have seen pictures of. Be careful with them folks, as the temps drop, the tires don't hold nearly as well and these things are going to be more responsive. Have fun, but be safe!

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Lol what do you mean?
E-bay partner...🤔
From Arizona.
Everyone is "Partner"?
Like everyone from Mississippi is "Bubba".

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Walked by it again today, wondering just how many hours I may be lucky enough to operate it before it has to be put away before winter!
I am so happy that I don't have to worry about that!

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Windshield decal and side skirts. 5832DDE7-21F3-41FF-AEB8-33111E51BE5A.jpeg 09659EE3-E0B6-4E7D-B834-346E5BD7C0D1.jpeg

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
98, that’s cool. 😉