Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What Brand of Gas

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Anyone remember early to mid 80’s mixing a little leaded regular with unleaded premium? The lead actually boosted the octane. It really helped my high compression muscle cars. Strange they got rid of lead in premium first? You would figure the other way around as most bought leaded regular.
yup, remember but don’t add to much if you had catalytic converter, but hey how many muscle cars had them.They were mandated to be installed I think 1974, lead helped for lubricating valve seats and anti knock. Think it’s was Tetraethyllead, but was nasty stuff for people and environment

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Yes I remember that, around here it was Mobil that turned to mini marts. Strangely enough I have two friends that own Mobil now and they are repair shops still.
very very few left around here that still do service work. A few still have full service fill up, some have full service pumps and self serve at same location, course the price at pump reflects self/full serve.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Any one remember pulling in to gas station and saying fill it High Test? If you were to young to be saying that maybe you dad would have said it.
That would be the term if you pulled in today at full service station and saying fill it premium. Thats is if you could find full service.