Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Well, well, well; piss off your best customers, discontinue your best products, charge stupid ADM, and your going down!

ButterDaGreat?

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
The auto salesman of today...is pretty much useless...relegated to mere paper shufflers...they know little or nothing for the most part about the product they sell...and they last as long as the average haircut...never used to be this way.....:(
I got to explain to dozens of them the difference between a Hellcat Jailbreak and Redeye Jailbreak almost everyday :ROFLMAO:

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
not at that price, i can get a nice sporty camry for that price
Sorry that thing is ugly @ any price....(n)

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Yep I’m only seeing used cars in my future!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I got to explain to dozens of them the difference between a Hellcat Jailbreak and Redeye Jailbreak almost everyday :ROFLMAO:
When the Jailbreak 1st came out I checked with a local dealer about their availability. Nobody knew anything, not even the sales manager. Left my info for a call back when they found out about it. Never called me.

Another dealership person told me that Dodge would never sell any EVs. This was after their comical reveal in Detroit or wherever it was.

🤣🤣🤣

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
High sales staff turnover seems to be a feature @ most FL dealerships. Been that way since I moved here (in '88). Not sure why that is, guess they're all looking for the bigger-better-deal ?
Used to be that the service area was pretty stable (manager + ser. writers), but that has changed in the last 10 years or so and there is high turnover there too.
Pretty sad situation IMO !

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
High sales staff turnover seems to be a feature @ most FL dealerships. Been that way since I moved here (in '88). Not sure why that is, guess they're all looking for the bigger-better-deal ?
Used to be that the service area was pretty stable (manager + ser. writers), but that has changed in the last 10 years or so and there is high turnover there too.
The dealer that I used to take the Ram 1500 for service everyone quit. I went there and they had 1 tech with the lifts full and 1 person trying to do the service writers job. Before that, it was always the same people. Very sad.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
It's that way everywhere. People are in a daze. Over medicated and stoned.
Toss in lots of lazy & stupid !!!

I know what I m buying before I even hit the lot

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
They actually been laying off people since 2021 here and Europe. They would do buyouts every December to reduce their staff because of the increased cost of building EV's. The corrupt, I mean UAW management has been messing with their seasoned workers laying them off over the years and hiring more and more temps to drive down labor cost. Plus doing voluntary layoffs before it's negotiating time so people will be more desperate to accept Stellantis deal and return to work.

You really going to hear crying once the dealerships start laying off thousands of salesman. Less trims, less margins, less need for a bunch of salesman when the OEM's are trying get dealerships to sign agreements to sell EV's at MSRP
Follow Tesla model and cut the dealerships out all together.
Tell them they are pick up and repair centers.
All car buying is now done online unless a dud of a car happens. Then they will be shipped to said pick up locations and to be sold for whatever price they can get.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Used Mopars atleast
Chevy and Ford are keeping their V8s and performance cars alive.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
The dealer that I used to take the Ram 1500 for service everyone quit. I went there and they had 1 tech with the lifts full and 1 person trying to do the service writers job. Before that, it was always the same people. Very sad.
I feel very lucky, the best Serv Mgr I ever met was at the local Jeep dlr when I bought my '96 Grand Cherokee. Later I ordered a '04 Wrangler (which just passed inspection yesterday). I wrote a letter to the owner of the dealership telling him that the only reason I bought the Wrangler was because he had Mike as the SM, all his salesmen were jerks. No response.

Fast forward 16 years and I bring my new HC to the local Dodge for a warranty item and to my pleasant surprise, Mike was the SM!!! (Dodge and Jeep are still separate dealers here.)

I now take all the vehicles to Mike. He is honest, knows his stuff, like good beer, likes dogs (keeps his hound, now 6mo, behind the counter) one of the very few times you can really be comfortable that you are hearing the true story.

If you ever find a great mechanic, make sure you have personal info so if he quits, you can follow him. This applies to many other services/professions also.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Buy them soon before they accumulate too much mileage, abuse and salt!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
good service writers do well in WNY...they are hourly or salary...but most get bonuses as well...gotta watch em...they have a tendency to upsell....especially to old people and women...But a tenured service writer can push tons of warrantee work through...

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
good service writers do well in WNY...they are hourly or salary...but most get bonuses as well...gotta watch em...they have a tendency to upsell....especially to old people and women...But a tenured service writer can push tons of warrantee work through...
And that's how you get mechanics to quit. Stellantis has a horrible pay scheme for warranty work.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Oh calm down. Yall will all be running around with squishy undies when they reveal the hornet 170.
Yea, like the 170HP version. That would be fast as hell!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
And that's how you get mechanics to quit. Stellantis has a horrible pay scheme for warranty work.
I don't think Stellantis has any redeeming qualities as a motor company...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yea, like the 170HP version. That would be fast as hell!
Squishy underwear:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:....man there must be some real perspiration issues down there in that Texas heat:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Check out the Cactus. Right there's what Dodge and it's greedy dealer network think of their formerly loyal customers
dodge.jpg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Tuell Time Frum Tamper,
Hey dude or dudette, Linder most respect, I have spent most ofer mize time in Tamper worken. Guud we be there. Sales pupils. Dave, soom brerer offs to ya, butt. My lust axparence St Petersberger. My lady sales person didn't know I knew da man u ell shit and whore shine ola. She admuttered it to wa. Every time, tool time, I asked a questionare, she said look in da man u ale or call the factory. When new I had alot of questions. Story Linder. Mize go to person fowwa a HC waz Hulk F- ck me Hogan. Wa and de Hulkster were snot on good terms aftah tha gym and sail boot incidents. Sew nobody. On my own, thankfooly Ricola frum ta beach whom owned a demon. Close. He still, no shine inn volved, learned me how and der still, no shine till 5, does. Avery earl change questions. No answers.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Same thing happened here when the family that owned the dealership (+ a Ford, Chevy & a 2nd Dodge store) sold them all to Jenkins.
Within 6 months everyone was gone, some of them (like the SW I liked) had been there 20 years :mad:

Now every time I go there it's all new faces, has to be a huge PITA to continuously interview & break-in new staff :rolleyes: