Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Trunk ice box install help

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
Mine has 60k miles on it lol, she’s not a trailer/garage queen.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
I run very low 9s at 5000 feet fully loaded without a chiller or ice for the rear mounted box with a 2.4 on it. Of course the stroker and Frankenstein heads don’t hurt.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #43
Anyway, I was one of the biggest skeptics of chillers ever. I got one completely prepared to be disappointed. I was not

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #44
I have an upper pulley only and intake, not even a throttle body. Lots more power to make, I think I’m doing good for the mods I have. I’m knocking on 9.7-6 if I actually launch the car and the trans shifts right.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
See how low the motor is compared to the icebox. That way it never gets air in it. Not a big fan. But I’m not changing it back now. A couple of years ago I was going to take a drive to NM to see the balloon festival and to get the Kincaid chiller. But Covid hit.

Attachments

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
A chiller will out perform any ice box out there, it is still to this day the best upgrade I've done to my car. no more buying and filling ice. what a pain in the ass that was, 40 lbs every pass and couldn't even come close to the same temps, by the end of the pass the temps were 40 degrees hotter than the beginning. with my chiller my temps even on the hottest days will only go up 3-5 degrees during the pass, most passes never increase at all. then are right back down before I get to my pit.
for a street car or daily its even more beneficial as your temps always stay low.
with living where @vortecd does, he stays in a lot cooler weather than we do. so I see is debate. he will be a believer once he installs one.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Yes. I do not use my ice box any more. But the extra fluid does help a bit living in Tucson.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
A chiller will out perform any ice box out there, it is still to this day the best upgrade I've done to my car. no more buying and filling ice. what a pain in the ass that was, 40 lbs every pass and couldn't even come close to the same temps, by the end of the pass the temps were 40 degrees hotter than the beginning. with my chiller my temps even on the hottest days will only go up 3-5 degrees during the pass, most passes never increase at all. then are right back down before I get to my pit.
for a street car or daily its even more beneficial as your temps always stay low.
with living where @vortecd does, he stays in a lot cooler weather than we do. so I see is debate. he will be a believer once he installs one.
It has a use for some. 2k can be used a lot of different ways. On paper it sounds great but I haven't seen enough proof it is worth it for me