Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Traction / Stability Control

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Motorhead,
Have you been able to drive your car much or is the weather too still crappy?
I literally took a mental health survey today regarding depression - and I lied. 6 foot high snow banks and salt slurry are still everywhere... but things are melting. Finally.

About a month to go.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I literally took a mental health survey today regarding depression - and I lied. 6 foot high snow banks and salt slurry are still everywhere... but things are melting. Finally.

About a month to go.
That blows, but what can you do...
Come on summer!

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
75* and sunny Here. MOVE.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Man I sure hope my car doesn't start automatically shifting gears... damn thing would be haunted if it did.
that whole dissertation ...is why REAL MEN...have M6...(oh boy)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I think mine is coming out Saturday! AND I am going to drive it a long distance Sat and Sunday. Highs here at or near 60, and I am driving 250 miles south! Party large!

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
It's been off and on half ass dry around here so I have been getting some seat time in.
The endless torque is off the hook!
Start your burnout at 20+ MPH!
The guys at the parts store/truck shop were duly impressed.
The neighbors are sick of me already!

Last edited:

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Well I guess the one good thing I have to look forward to is that I can pull the car out and start the mods in a few weeks. That's a positive, right?

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
With the M6, you almost have to turn off the traction control to do burnouts. It will want to stall if not. I'm not saying you can't leave it on, its just way easier to go on and kill it

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
2.98 first 2.10 second M6 and 825 wheel just a blip on the throttle and they’ll spin in any mode, my issue is just the opposite, I need traction control to work better, even in full on it’s like it’s not there, full off and it’s insane.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
2.98 first 2.10 second M6 and 825 wheel just a blip on the throttle and they’ll spin in any mode, my issue is just the opposite, I need traction control to work better, even in full on it’s like it’s not there, full off and it’s insane.
I have really been having to learn throttle control.
With the torque supplied with this car it is amazing when you can only be at lower rpm's and still boiling the rears.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Let me clarify what I meant with m6 and burnouts.. when you dump the clutch and stab it, the car doesn’t move with tires spinning. So now your wot while tethering the brake. If the traction control is on, it will die much easier than with it off. Strictly m6 talk, and drag radials. Am I the only one that experiences this?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I run Nitto 315/35-20 NT05R DR’s, only time I can dump the clutch and stab it is on a prepped track other wise yes it’s instant spin and go no where. I never couple the brakes into the mix though and don’t understand what you are experiencing? Can you explain more?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Let me clarify what I meant with m6 and burnouts.. when you dump the clutch and stab it, the car doesn’t move with tires spinning. So now your wot while tethering the brake. If the traction control is on, it will die much easier than with it off. Strictly m6 talk, and drag radials. Am I the only one that experiences this?
I run Nitto 315/35-20 NT05R DR’s, only time I can dump the clutch and stab it is on a prepped track other wise yes it’s instant spin and go no where. I never couple the brakes into the mix though and don’t understand what you are experiencing? Can you explain more?
When you guys dump the clutch and do that are you past the wheel hop time? Biggest problem I have is hop when attempting to launch with max acceleration in mind. Too much power and its past that stage and just breaks loose like it is on ice. My former HC and certainly my RE will roast them, or anything in between on command. @NotSoStealthy it may be time you have that car looked at. Sounds like it is not working correct yet. It would be hard to describe or demonstrate to FCA what you describe. Like damn, "it won't roast the tires and do drifting, here is what I mean."

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I'm not talking about launching the car, I'm just talking about riding the brakes when doing burnouts with a manual. If the traction control is on, it makes it more difficult. For me, if I give it just a tad too much brake (with traction control on) it wants to stall. With traction control off, I can give it more brake to stay as stationary as possible without it wanting to die.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I'm not talking about launching the car, I'm just talking about riding the brakes when doing burnouts with a manual. If the traction control is on, it makes it more difficult. For me, if I give it just a tad too much brake (with traction control on) it wants to stall. With traction control off, I can give it more brake to stay as stationary as possible without it wanting to die.
If the traction control is on it is not supposed to let you spin the tires. So it is doing what is is designed to do. I have found that manual challengers will let you do quite a bit before they intervene and stop the fun. Just disable traction contriol and do your burnouts. Just one quick push of the hard switch and you are in sport traction and it will let you spin spin spin as long as you are not going sideways at speed.

Now if you are talking about the difference, of course it will take the power from you with the traction control on. But pressing the brake pedal WILL make it worse because of what the car thinks your INTENTIONS are. Brake pedal means STOP or get back in control, this it will stop the burnout.

For static butnouts like you are describing you need to be in SPORT Traction/Stability (or all off). If you are in default pressing the hard switch will change modes :

First press puts you in Sport
Second press puts you in Track
Third press puts you back in Default.

You cannot do a good static burnout in Track or default.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Buy a Tazer and use Line Lock function, this a video of my first time ever using it, works GREAT!! Will be trying it at the track tomorrow.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I have one, and yes the line lock is great. I just don’t leave it plugged in and my burnouts are mostly on a whim. I used to leave it plugged until the rear view camera came on while I was cruising down the interstate. I didn’t wanna risk it doing anything else random so now I just use it when needed

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I like to start in sport mode with the line lock .
Spool up a little and let it rip at about half pedal.
My all seasons are not showing the wear I would expect.
Rotated them today installing drag set but just found out that track is CLOSED tomorrow.
Woodburn test and tune in Woodburn Oregon.
Major Bummer.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Was 18 here last night, track supposed to open today, it’s supposed to be 55 here today but not until 2 pm, surface will be cold IF they even open, watching their site now

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States