Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Redeye low volume numbers will this make her the sought after one years down the road?

Is the Redeye a true sought after collector down the road

• Total voters

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Glad to hear Paladin!

If you are trying to run her on the stock 275s that’s not even fair as my car felt downright clumsy on the Pirellis, but with some Mickey Thompson drag radials she moves out! I highly recommend :)

Hey maybe sometime when you are feeling better we can get together for a regional redeye rally with the group or something like that! Good luck with your back surgery.
I’ve got some Nitto’s ready to go. I need to put them on before the surgery if I can.
As far as a get together, I’m in as soon as I can get back in the fight. Surgery is the 20th. 😞

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I agree @WildCat they may not make any ICE, but they will not stop producing fuel for the vehicles we own. I am pretty sure as one of the old guys here, I am going to be able to purchase gasoline until I die. I do not study and follow the gasoline world as much as the electric world, because that is the business I am in. I am not going to throw facts out we can all research quickly. I am not on this car Forum to impress, or boast. I won't argue about this like it is btw a Mustang and Mopar.

I will be going to D.C. about 6-8 times this year to do important work, believe it or not, so these people CAN plug in their electric cars and everything else that runs on our power grid, and it will continue to work properly. We build everything related to power along with other infrastructure. If people I am associated with are not successful, they really won't be increasing the penetration of this green power much more. That includes EVERY state in this Union. You want to talk energy, in a technical way, I am glad to talk about it off line. The examples I gave were because many think we won't have the resources to use in the future.
You just gave me hope for a little better longevity of the ICE and a future (somewhat) for my redeye.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye widebody
I think it will be collectible...I have an indigo blue wide body redeye...Only 225 of my car were built in 2019 but that does not include the black satin hood and orange brake caliper combo I have...My combo may be well under 100 produced.
Production graph pertaining to redeye widebody and me in my car when I took ownership a couple weeks ago...Presently I am getting entire car expel wrapped then installing ZL1 mud guards..I have not sustained 1 chip or mark and the car since owning it...Have not driven due to waiting to Expel wrap.

I am keeping my car 100% stock and preserving my car as a possible collectible and keep my resale high in case I need to sell in a couple years for a Hellephant 426 Challenger if it comes out...if not then this will be a forever car.

Attachments

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
You just gave me hope for a little better longevity of the ICE and a future (somewhat) for my redeye.
Well, think about all the items we use that would be flat obsolete besides our old cars if they stopped producing gasoline. That includes diesel, and aviation gas ;). They are still ordering up new airplanes like it don't matter, last I looked. Seems like an economic waste to consider the end of petroleum in my lifetime anyway.

There is going to be innovations with these electric cars. They are amazing so far. Not saying that is not going to happen. Our local Dodge dealer may just have a hybrid next gen Hellcat is what I think can happen.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'm glad to have one of 35 made. Makes it easier to find in a parking lot.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Out of the dozen of us Octane Red owners who don't have a sunroof, or any stripes, AND who have the black calipers who is the other one with Sepia/black Laguna leather? Not a big deal, but if it was a Forum member that would be cool. I did make it into the 1 of 1, when I did not order NAV, and added every other luxury package.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
No idea how many of mine were built...'19 PCP HC REWB, orange brake calipers, black laguna leather. Fairly loaded except no rain sensing wipers or stripes, but has lightweight package, NAV, sunroof, perf spoiler and all seasons. Probably more than a few out there.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Well, think about all the items we use that would be flat obsolete besides our old cars if they stopped producing gasoline. That includes diesel, and aviation gas ;). They are still ordering up new airplanes like it don't matter, last I looked. Seems like an economic waste to consider the end of petroleum in my lifetime anyway.

There is going to be innovations with these electric cars. They are amazing so far. Not saying that is not going to happen. Our local Dodge dealer may just have a hybrid next gen Hellcat is what I think can happen.
Absolutely agree with that. I think the 50th anniversary is the last of the run in current form and something else (again, hybrid?) will take it's place. Chevy already showed an all electric Camaro.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
1 of 7 regular body Redeyes in Canada. The only granite in Canada. Mine was also the first delivered car in Canada. 1 of 35 granite's globally. 1 of 1 global.
7ADDFE1E-CC00-43C3-9B70-A639700D5D6B.png

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
1 of 7 regular body Redeyes in Canada. The only granite in Canada. Mine was also the first delivered car in Canada. 1 of 35 granite's globally. 1 of 1 global.
When I saw that there was one Granite car in Canada, I figured it was yours.

I have no idea if there's another one optioned like our '19, but it's almost unlikely. Generally I don't like the same things as the majority does. Sometimes just on principle.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Uhhh, Never stated we would "run out of oil" (??) never once mentioned middle east (??) never once mentioned nor implied cars being "obsolete"
Clearly you didn't actually read my response.
Although oil has to do with it. Its not a matter of running out, it has to do with ever increasing emissions standards being implemented worldwide on internal combustion engines - of all types. That's the nail in the coffin (tightening emissions standards), It has nothing to do with volume of oil production or where its coming from. I've spoken on this very thing on this very board previously. Guess you missed those threads.

But of course you know all about Euro6 that went into effect in 2013 for all EU nations.
EU / UK are now quickly moving into Euro7 with a plan to roll down to Zero gas & diesel emissions by 2025 and to then end ALL internal combustion engine usage for ALL euro nations by 2030, this is to include lawnmowers, motorcycles, marine & industrial vehicles, etc. That's 10yrs away.

You also probably already know about China6A & now China6B, due in no later than 2023.
It would be redundant then, to mention that Japan has the most stringent standards. The MOE (ministry of environment) has been ahead of almost every other country in this regard, they had the equivalent of Euro 5 fully in place back in 2009, less than 4 years after it was even introduced and full tilt NoX, PM & retrofit laws in effect back in 2003.
Multiple other countries too numerous to mention them all, are well in route to this end as well. Tons of new regulations going into Asian countries starting this Jan. under the UNEP. But I wont bore you with more facts about the global state of all this BS.
Domestically, the US isn't far behind. We are in Phase2 GHG and the worst restrictions are yet to come from all I've seen. The hammer really comes down in in 2024/2025 according to their plan. Again, I understand that you've read all this documentation 1st hand, as I have,so you already know what lay ahead.

The fact is, Internal combustion engines being regulated out of existence. This isn't my opinion, and I like many here, I could want this about as much as I want a jagged hole in my head...but it wont matter what I want or what renewable fuel you or your collector hellcat redeye adapts to, "they" want all ICE's gone. Thus the huge push towards hybrids & EVs a crossed the entire globe. As as direct side effect, and in keeping with the general crux of this thread, is that the collectability of these (and many other) ICE cars may well be a mute point in the not too distant future, when the fuel for them has been regulated out of being by the leftist tree huggers or the "cost" (penalty) via drastically increasing fees, fines & taxes (gas guzzler tax is just a start), in order to drive them is intentionally made too great. When either or both of those things happen, the bottom will drop out, but I digress.

All of the above has taken place at an escalated pace within the last 6-10 yrs.
Do we have two decades or more where the US will be allowed to linger on this front and we'll all get to do nasty burn outs in vehicles that get 13 miles to the gallon??, sadly, not from what I can tell. but then again, what do I know.
With ALL that being said, gasoline and oil will be around longer than that and so it basically applies to new cars in 20-30 yrs. Current vehicles need oil and gas and will be around for a while. I’m sure the 2024 changes will result in hybrids to start and will slowly wean away from ICE’s until we see only pure electric, but that will take time and in the meantime there are billions of ICE vehicles that still need petroleum.
I agree that the writing is on the wall. A higher up at FCA was quoted as saying electrification is on the horizon and it’s no coincidence that the platform is completely changing in 2024ish. Emissions regulations most certainly has everything to do with that.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Note to self: Buy stock in a company that produces octane boosters.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
When I saw that there was one Granite car in Canada, I figured it was yours.

I have no idea if there's another one optioned like our '19, but it's almost unlikely. Generally I don't like the same things as the majority does. Sometimes just on principle.
Send PLMCRZY a email with your VIN and a small $25 donation and he will send you your production sheet.
PLMCRZY@usa.net

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Send PLMCRZY a email with your VIN and a small $25 donation and he will send you your production sheet.
I did consider doing that...but realized that then I'd like to know about the '18, too.

Now the "small $25", times two, becomes a full tank of fuel. And since I probably can't drive the Hellcat until spring, it'll also need a bottle of StaBil.

And if I leave the $50 in the bank, it'll become $50.20, or so, by spring with interest. I'll have to think about this one.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I did consider doing that...but realized that then I'd like to know about the '18, too.

Now the "small $25", times two, becomes a full tank of fuel. And since I probably can't drive the Hellcat until spring, it'll also need a bottle of StaBil.

And if I leave the $50 in the bank, it'll become $50.20, or so, by spring with interest. I'll have to think about this one.
It will be the best $50 you ever spent and a early Christmas gift to yourself.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
View attachment 8431

That's about the truest, purest 1-of-1 car I've seen.

Congrats!

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I would honestly be shocked if my NBRE wasn't 1 of 1 as well. With so many ways to config a car in 2019, there will be lots of 1 of 1 cars. When everyone is special, no one is. The fact that I own a Redeye in the first place is enough to make this car truly special to me.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
As someone posted earlier, there's still over 200 NBRE's sitting on the lot waiting to be bought!!
I’ve got some Nitto’s ready to go. I need to put them on before the surgery if I can.
As far as a get together, I’m in as soon as I can get back in the fight. Surgery is the 20th. 😞
My Doctor has wanted to put me under the knife for my back issues for a few years now. They want to start fusing things together, but I'm holding off on any of that until pain meds quit holding things at bay. Good luck on your upcoming surgery, and I hope you'll feel better.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Geez wizz dude and duettes. All these surgeries before xmas. Rehab time I guess but make for a bad egg nock week. Don't have to play with the kids and or grand kids, but what a trade off. I have skin cancer surgery the day after xmas. Doesn't make any difference cause me and the cat. He quit playing volley ball years ago and I want be able to go outside. No skinny dipping till dark then what's the point. Gives me a good excuse not to go to Atlanta to visit brother's family. Hate Atlanta. Good luck my surgery friends.