Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Redeye low volume numbers will this make her the sought after one years down the road?

Is the Redeye a true sought after collector down the road

• Total voters

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Yes this is correct for the non widebody and for the WB 3353 which means the regular body cars are super rare.
Ah, yet another reason not to get the dually fenders,

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
Ah, yet another reason not to get the dually fenders,
Yeah but but but I love DUALLY fenders and I bought these damn fenders for me and only me which makes me feel manly and bubbly. And just look I mean who doesn’t like some extra padding and bulges here lol. 45EACEF7-0EFC-45F4-B7DC-02438C8EC5FB.jpeg
828A924E-509C-4A78-AD78-89445F175CC2.jpeg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
This thread seems oddly familiar to me....I recall beck in '15, the Hellcat Challengers were low production, and some thought they would be a desired model. -Then they (FCA) flooded the market with them in 2016. No one I know of wants a '15 specifically because it was a low volume year. Even the few that had the rare sunroof or black hood options that were produced at the end of the '15 MY - they don't seem to command any more $$ than any other used '15 Hellcat. Heck, now to make things even worse, any Scat Pack can be ordered to look exactly like any Hellcat Challenger....same hood, wheels, brakes etc. - Just different fender emblems externally.

-FCA is still going to produce both the narrow bodied (or regular) RE Challenger HC's along with the Wide Bodied ones in 2020, with no big changes from the '19 models. I don't see the '19's (narrow or WB) as being sought after in the future myself.

-I used to think my '15 Jazz Blue HC would be desirable...it was the rarest color produced in '15. Turns out that It didn't command any more value than any other that year. -40 years from now?!? Don't matter to me since I'll most likely be long gone by then.
WTF...all you older HC owners talkin bout dyin...and not bein around to see the cars appreciate...hell its only 40 years...wait..OMG...I'll be 107...uhhh never mind

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Old bastards. Dodge Dart in HS in 1974,, old bastard. Maybe but still alive and driving a HC which makes me a Hell a cious fast old bastard. With a beautiful engine, that no bodies has till I splatter pics on the net. Easy, take it easy. Mr Pro painter, last one, says the best. Not done yet ster. We will see when the fat lady smokes another bloomer. Cheaper than xmas presents to females' I will never marry or im preg nant.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #25
Old bastards. Dodge Dart in HS in 1974,, old bastard. Maybe but still alive and driving a HC which makes me a Hell a cious fast old bastard. With a beautiful engine, that no bodies has till I splatter pics on the net. Easy, take it easy. Mr Pro painter, last one, says the best. Not done yet ster. We will see when the fat lady smokes another bloomer. Cheaper than xmas presents to females' I will never marry or im preg nant.
[goofydrunk]

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Wow those numbers for NB REs are way lower than I thought they would be. Pretty cool, I wouldn't have bought my RE any other way! As far as being a collector item. Perhaps, but there has to be a demand for it. Not a lot of people anticipated the 1st gen challengers (and others) to be worth what they are today. I can't tell you how many people I've met that have said "I wish I wouldn't have sold such and such car".

Imo, just drive and enjoy it. By the time my car is a classic I'll be a classic along with it, or 6ft under. So I'll likely won't care. More importantly I just care that there is enough fuel, so I can keep racing and driving it!

WildCat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kakastan
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Really? All the fuel driven cars will be obsolete and not usable in 20 years huh?
Like we were going to run completely out of oil before the year 2000?
Like the world ends in 2035 without 100% renewable fuel usage?

Now we have more than we realized in 1975 exists! We don't even give a rip about the Middle East any longer. Here we are in 2019 AND the good old USA IS producing more crude than any other country in the world.
Uhhh, Never stated we would "run out of oil" (??) never once mentioned middle east (??) never once mentioned nor implied cars being "obsolete"
Clearly you didn't actually read my response.
Although oil has to do with it. Its not a matter of running out, it has to do with ever increasing emissions standards being implemented worldwide on internal combustion engines - of all types. That's the nail in the coffin (tightening emissions standards), It has nothing to do with volume of oil production or where its coming from. I've spoken on this very thing on this very board previously. Guess you missed those threads.

But of course you know all about Euro6 that went into effect in 2013 for all EU nations.
EU / UK are now quickly moving into Euro7 with a plan to roll down to Zero gas & diesel emissions by 2025 and to then end ALL internal combustion engine usage for ALL euro nations by 2030, this is to include lawnmowers, motorcycles, marine & industrial vehicles, etc. That's 10yrs away.

You also probably already know about China6A & now China6B, due in no later than 2023.
It would be redundant then, to mention that Japan has the most stringent standards. The MOE (ministry of environment) has been ahead of almost every other country in this regard, they had the equivalent of Euro 5 fully in place back in 2009, less than 4 years after it was even introduced and full tilt NoX, PM & retrofit laws in effect back in 2003.
Multiple other countries too numerous to mention them all, are well in route to this end as well. Tons of new regulations going into Asian countries starting this Jan. under the UNEP. But I wont bore you with more facts about the global state of all this BS.
Domestically, the US isn't far behind. We are in Phase2 GHG and the worst restrictions are yet to come from all I've seen. The hammer really comes down in in 2024/2025 according to their plan. Again, I understand that you've read all this documentation 1st hand, as I have,so you already know what lay ahead.

The fact is, Internal combustion engines being regulated out of existence. This isn't my opinion, and I like many here, I could want this about as much as I want a jagged hole in my head...but it wont matter what I want or what renewable fuel you or your collector hellcat redeye adapts to, "they" want all ICE's gone. Thus the huge push towards hybrids & EVs a crossed the entire globe. As as direct side effect, and in keeping with the general crux of this thread, is that the collectability of these (and many other) ICE cars may well be a mute point in the not too distant future, when the fuel for them has been regulated out of being by the leftist tree huggers or the "cost" (penalty) via drastically increasing fees, fines & taxes (gas guzzler tax is just a start), in order to drive them is intentionally made too great. When either or both of those things happen, the bottom will drop out, but I digress.

All of the above has taken place at an escalated pace within the last 6-10 yrs.
Do we have two decades or more where the US will be allowed to linger on this front and we'll all get to do nasty burn outs in vehicles that get 13 miles to the gallon??, sadly, not from what I can tell. but then again, what do I know.

Last edited:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
OHWGA!
The path of enlightenment will lead one to discover that the 2018 SRT hellcat widebody had a grand total of 1640 units made for U.S. production, standard body 1317, so even both versions added together, trump the demon on the "rarity" factor for that year. who cares.

This same path will show that the way of the internal combustion engine is realistically not going to last much longer.

Collector value in 20 years! sure. ...but there wont be any more 91 octane being produced & sold by then, so who is going to buy a vehicle they cannot fuel and therefore drive? modify it to take the whatever new fuel comes around and now its not original anymore.
I'm driving mine like the wheels will fall off if I dont. Its technically 1 of 2 in its combo due it being special order.
No one cares. probably no one ever will. I'm not going to wait 20+ yrs to find out.
View attachment 8261
@BULL is there any state table for 2019?

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Never had any clue to these numbers or stats when I got mine. I just got it cause I liked it. If it becomes worthless I'll still like it. If it becomes valuable, I'll like it more.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I agree @WildCat they may not make any ICE, but they will not stop producing fuel for the vehicles we own. I am pretty sure as one of the old guys here, I am going to be able to purchase gasoline until I die. I do not study and follow the gasoline world as much as the electric world, because that is the business I am in. I am not going to throw facts out we can all research quickly. I am not on this car Forum to impress, or boast. I won't argue about this like it is btw a Mustang and Mopar.

I will be going to D.C. about 6-8 times this year to do important work, believe it or not, so these people CAN plug in their electric cars and everything else that runs on our power grid, and it will continue to work properly. We build everything related to power along with other infrastructure. If people I am associated with are not successful, they really won't be increasing the penetration of this green power much more. That includes EVERY state in this Union. You want to talk energy, in a technical way, I am glad to talk about it off line. The examples I gave were because many think we won't have the resources to use in the future.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Only 33 of my Plum Crazy original body and the color is no more. I may have made a good call for my last car. View attachment 8253
It turns out my Redeye is 1 of 1. Not bad for my last car.

Production as Configured: 1-of-1
Total Global Production - 604
-
Total USA Shipped - 592
The Config TreeTM reads as follows.
604 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeyes were produced for 2019 - globally.
Of these, 34 were painted in Plum Crazy. (5.6% of the global total have this configuration)
Of these, 7 were configured with the Power Sunroof. (35.8% of the global total have this configuration) Of these... etc...

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
It turns out my Redeye is 1 of 1. Not bad for my last car.

Production as Configured: 1-of-1
Total Global Production - 604
-
Total USA Shipped - 592
The Config TreeTM reads as follows.
604 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeyes were produced for 2019 - globally.
Of these, 34 were painted in Plum Crazy. (5.6% of the global total have this configuration)
Of these, 7 were configured with the Power Sunroof. (35.8% of the global total have this configuration) Of these... etc...
Nice. You sound a bit more happy with it this week!

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #34
Nice. You sound a bit more happy with it this week!
Yeah same here I thought you wanted to get rid of her but damn I’d think long and hard on that now. Ain’t like you can ever replace her with those statistics which sounds like your marriage is sealed lol.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Wow. Only 600 NBRE's produced globally in '19 and there shows to be 239 of them still for sale new just on carguru alone. Double wow.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Oh, and my wife saw me looking at the Redeyes on carguru and casually said 'nope, one's enough". lol

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
Really? All the fuel driven cars will be obsolete and not usable in 20 years huh?
Like we were going to run completely out of oil before the year 2000?
Like the world ends in 2035 without 100% renewable fuel usage?

Now we have more than we realized in 1975 exists! We don't even give a rip about the Middle East any longer. Here we are in 2019 AND the good old USA IS producing more crude than any other country in the world.
Well until the left take over, of course that's if we let them..... :)

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah same here I thought you wanted to get rid of her but damn I’d think long and hard on that now. Ain’t like you can ever replace her with those statistics which sounds like your marriage is sealed lol.
I am a bit happier with her. She has stepped it up in power a bit but, my dyno butt says my modded 2015 runs stronger.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Mine is coming home tomorrow morn. Then me and the cat can start detailing the interior. I suppose mine will be 1 of 0 cause I don't know of any one would do this. Called boredom and a slice of stupidity. Carries over from te motor cycle day. Just keep throwing $$$ until you have no more food or your wife makes you sleep in the car. Some times that wasn't so bad. Cool, stereo, and damn quiet. Look forward to having my hobby back.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Glad to hear Paladin!

If you are trying to run her on the stock 275s that’s not even fair as my car felt downright clumsy on the Pirellis, but with some Mickey Thompson drag radials she moves out! I highly recommend :)

Hey maybe sometime when you are feeling better we can get together for a regional redeye rally with the group or something like that! Good luck with your back surgery.

I am a bit happier with her. She has stepped it up in power a bit but, my dyno butt says my modded 2015 runs stronger.