Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The 7 States Banning Gas Powered Cars

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm not worried...by 2032...most states will ban politicians...

One could hope!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
They could try that I guess, but start really impacting people's daily lives and that might be enough to invoke some change and people start voting with some common sense.
How about this intrusion in our daily lives...our NY Gov. has outlawed the sale of gas stoves state wide...you will no longer be able to buy a gas kitchen stove when your current stove breaks down...it must be electric...I can't believe they have this much authority....it's starting to concern me

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hay welcum to poly ticks. Live in NY, die bye NY,, a fuck, not banned a yankee wod with out the RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. In NY they ain't got most of nunthang we southens have and will all ouRR lives. So watt the gov and oh ass hole mayoh has a botheh tat sells electric stoves. Cool place at tits right timesterrrr. Nice place to set up Xmas in July. Sawwyee kids. Youz and Cali make the est of us REDNECKS laugh our asses off. I have no ass reading tits crap. Ass a toll.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I laugh at this stuff. Good luck is what I tell them. Just get the ICE car from another state :rolleyes:
It’s hilarious. Owning an EV is going to end up costing you as much as an ICE if not more. And then, they’re going to electronically hobble them all. Pandemic? Locked out! Welcome to the NWecO 😎

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
“in USA, you don’t drive car, CAR DRIVE YOU!”

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Owore perverter. Yankees got it sew well,,, tin howl cum they R spenden all ter time trying to F up the rest of ta 49 cers. 8 ers. Keep all tat knlodwedge to yall's selfs,, jack a lopes.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
How about this intrusion in our daily lives...our NY Gov. has outlawed the sale of gas stoves state wide...you will no longer be able to buy a gas kitchen stove when your current stove breaks down...it must be electric...I can't believe they have this much authority....it's starting to concern me
😲And when they start jacking up the electric rates it’ll cost even more. The “have nots” are clueless that these libtards they vote in aren’t doing them any favors. FJB!

ButterDaGreat?

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Yup.
IL proposed a $2,000 annual registration fee to offset gas taxes!!!

When they did this, they raised gas tax to .36/gallon. Its now .43/gallon and goes up again in July.
But say you average 16k miles a year in a car that gets 20mpg that is only $336/year in fuel tax.

Even driving 20k miles in a 12mpg vehicle is only going to net the state $717!

The sad part is, the lefties were all set to pass this into law until a loud uproar from the EV crowd called them out on their bullshit. It was tabled until a later date.
Don't think other states won't just replace the gas tax. They are going to double it or more!
Once they have you by the balls, they will squeeze you for every penny they can get.
Funny thing is more people will stop registering their cars because it is "oppressive" for police to pull you over for expired tags. I know plenty of people who just carry car insurance and never register their car because you will never get pulled over for it.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Funny thing is more people will stop registering their cars because it is "oppressive" for police to pull you over for expired tags. I know plenty of people who just carry car insurance and never register their car because you will never get pulled over for it.

Not the case here in Colorado, in fact they are specifically doing it more now that the plandemic "is over". Even made the local news cycle.

My daughter just got pulled over for it a couple of weeks ago, however he let her go because while she hadn't put the sticker on her plate yet, she did have it with her in the car.

ButterDaGreat?

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Not the case here in Colorado, in fact they are specifically doing it more now that the plandemic "is over". Even made the local news cycle.

My daughter just got pulled over for it a couple of weeks ago, however he let her go because while she hadn't put the sticker on her plate yet, she did have it with her in the car.
Yeah different demographics. My people are "oppressed" here because we can't get simple stuff done...So unless we are speeding, we can drive a car any way we want.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-ca...pulling-drivers-non-moving-traffic-violations

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lithia
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Durango Hellcat Premium
So glad I got out of NY 7 years ago and went to Florida..... Ridiculous banning new gas car sales with an infrastructure that can't support the load of electric vehicles.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
I'm not worried...by 2032...most states will ban politicians...
Your lips to God's ears...But those with power do not give it up easily.

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Your lips to God's ears...But those with power do not give it up easily.
exactly why God invented guns....

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So glad I got out of NY 7 years ago and went to Florida..... Ridiculous banning new gas car sales with an infrastructure that can't support the load of electric vehicles.
I'm destined to die here is my guess...

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yo Deee Mon, don't say tat. I died 5 times in 2022, 3 heart attacks, 4 strokes in 10 days with a side of 9 week coma thrown in thare. I'm still hea and liven in Florida. Whea all the New & old Yorkers liive now. Ass fer the electra power?? The grid will and want sub stain the loads of the needs of all the power packs to be plugged in. Guns or no guns. Coal powered generating plants are cuming down every dayster. Not to be replaced. I knewer cause 8 ears ago I waz distmanteling them. Turbines shelved fer parts never to beez used again. Old ass transformers buried alive wit PCBs leaking into all da ground wata out in da country. Enough.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
What is happening with the bill they floated that mandated all the electronic nannies (auto braking, lane warning etc.) + their ability to control your speed on all new cars ??

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Dist continued for lack of knlowdge to oper ate while driving.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle

My daughter just got pulled over for it a couple of weeks ago, however he let her go
What is happening with the bill they floated that mandated all the electronic nannies (auto braking, lane warning etc.) + their ability to control your speed on all new cars ??
AI commung for your lead foot

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Multiple sensor data collection as well. On highway cameras, your cellphone/infotainment pining modules on the highway/road/at stop lights, and then the data your vehicle feeds back to servers that you don’t even know about. Great time to be alive