Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

That was Fast! Congratulations to Gearhead Fabrications 1st Demon170 Into the 8's!!!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The good news is the stock records are still up for grabs for everyone waiting on a car
Makes you wonder if 1 will run 8s 100% stock?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
They changed the plugs lol ran e90 tuned it changed the shift points different wheels. Junk post

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I’m first m6 to a8 swapped upper pulley only e85 tuned in the world to go mid 9s whooooohoooooooo
Just calm down holyroller. This is just a repeat of Demon 1.0.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I’m following this for when a shop or person that hits it without modifying the car posts here and throws shade 😅

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I’m glad the shop that primarily installs alarms and sells cups now “claimed” the title
They actually do pretty good work but their attitude and customer service sucks unless you are a star or have a huge wallet.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Why not put a nitrous bottle in it? The Legions of Demons body has come up with rules to establish some kind of legitimate control on the record chasing side of this. They have two categories and neither of them allow for computer tuning. That voids the warranty and in this case makes these numbers not legit as far as being first in the eights. Not taking anything away from the performance of these cars. What I’m seeing is they are proving to be much more capable than expected by most of us. And will certainly achieve the goal much sooner than the original Demon did. That being said….. you can’t go out there and tune the car beyond the factory settings and claim to be the first. I give that a big 👎

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
1.2 60’s on factory tires is impressive!

OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #28
It truly is, geeze think about back prior to Hellcats how long it took to get a 1.2 60!
there will be Demon170s that will be heading for 7's with more R&D, Parts Tuning and Testing. It's pretty amazing for those of us who want Tuned and modified cars what Dodge has always left to take these cars forward for more Faster ETs!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Linda :)

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Yes it is. Extreme prep no doubt but we all look for that. The whole package is very impressive in my opinion. With all the hype and attention swirling around these things for somebody to unlock the computer and put a more aggressive tune in order to be “first” is questionable. If they use that to stake that claim then 😒.

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
What makes anyone think the car Dodge ran the 8.91 wasn't at a higher level of tune than released to the public?

Tim K. Said run 8s, you think they wouldn't do whatever necessary?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
What makes anyone think the car Dodge ran the 8.91 wasn't at a higher level of tune than released to the publuc?

Tim K. Said run 8s, you think they wouldn't do whatever necessary?
I don’t doubt that for a second. I would suggest that they add a third catagory. As long as the engine is unopened and it’s got stock pulleys …. It’s good.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
On the OG Demon people would have done better by tuning the car and REMOVING power between 2,000 and 4,000 rpm. The timing ramp was super aggressive stock.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
A Post seen on FB and I think it's very impressive and happened amazingly Fasst!
I'm sure Lee is still grinning!

Congratulations also goes to Lee Saunders. He was at Bradenton today (12/6) running his 270 mile Demon 170.
First pass was the 9.07 and you can see the rest of the passes in the 8.9Xs. Last 2 passes even cut a 1.23 60’! DA was said to be 400. No transbrake available due to mileage, so these passes were on a foot brake at 1k.
After the 9.07 pass, then had Gearhead Fabrications log in to tune the PCM/TCM, bump the shifts from 6,300 to 6,600 and adjust torque management. He kept the seats in the car but after the 2nd pass, they swapped to Weld skinnies up front, pulled the Harmon Kardon subs, and saw short track gains. They swapped the rears out too but didn’t see any gains from the rears being swapped.
Fuel was One Ethanol R and the car did require new plugs as the car was breaking up on factory plugs on the dyno but after the new plugs, One R were added with tuning, it made 970whp. Hopefully I got all of that right, as I wasn’t on site.
These cars sure are impressive from the factory. Can’t wait to see what these do at Legion of Demons Racing at the Texas Motorplex. For those of you going, see you there!
UnHoly is such a fuss budget kill joy:giggle::giggle::giggle:;)

OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #34
Ron shows everyone how to affordably get better ETS.

The debate over Stock ET has never really mattered to those who modify and want stronger parts.

From the Redeye to the Demon, each level the SRT Engineers have had stronger parts installed. The information and knowledge for modifying and Tuning our Hellcats was gained by many.

For instance, remember how many got the Redeye Driveshaft to have installed on their Hellcat?

For those that want to modify and Tune their Hellcats, think about this, the 1st Demon170 into the 8's had a Trans Tune, remember when Trans tuning became available for our Hellcat? Yeah, it was a game changer.

What else will be discovered and the information provided for better and stronger parts that will be passed along for the Hellcats Modifiers ? That is the Point!

Last edited:

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Id like to see a stock one do it. I mean lets face once these start getting ports, pulleys etc..... they will be mid 8's. Pretty impressive what a tune only does wow.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm sure a stock car will get there, but it'll take really good weather and amazing track prep. A little tuning to the track surface will make 8s common for an owner IMO. Maybe the race tool torque reduction thing will make it possible though. Still tuning, just not with a laptop ;)

Keith Richards

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Windsor
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody - 2016 HC 6 -spd
Regardless of tune, tires, etc.this and the OG are such neat cars brought to the masses by @dodgeofficial I am looking forward to seeing the videos from @Linda's Hell Cat

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Regardless of tune, tires, etc.this and the OG are such neat cars brought to the masses by @dodgeofficial I am looking forward to seeing the videos from @Linda's Hell Cat
I still can’t help but think of the Stones :p when I see you post but thanks for posting!

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
It truly is, geeze think about back prior to Hellcats how long it took to get a 1.2 60!
there will be Demon170s that will be heading for 7's with more R&D, Parts Tuning and Testing. It's pretty amazing for those of us who want Tuned and modified cars what Dodge has always left to take these cars forward for more Faster ETs!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

You know how much money and Hp difference it takes to go from 8.90 to 7.90. Not doing it in stock form with tune fuel nitrous pulleys tires wheels

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
1.2 60ft?

Aren't these cars on 315/50/17 ET-R's from the factory? Then they have a little factory suspension work and different shock tuning...I'm not surprised it went 1.20's...I'm just pissed I can't get there.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST GIMME THAT REAR END PACKAGE! It's got DC cast into it but you k ow it's gonna be vaporware like the rest of the s#&t we were promised.