Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeyes: Modded and Dyno'd

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Pull a spark plug and post a pic.
This stuff is for real. I used it and 2 gallons of ms109/93 mix to activate the HO on the redeye. I switched from boostane to the vp on the gt500 b/c advanced auto sells it. Run it in every tank on that car.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
View attachment 13371 I’m making around 16.75 to 17.25 lbs of boost as well. I’ve switched to this supposed O2 sensor and Cat friendly VP Octanium, 1 qt in 15 or so gallons of 93 should make for 96-97 octane and track time a Qt in 10 gallons of 93 supposed to whip up 100 octane fuel. Torco type results in a sensor safe mix, sounds maddish even. But Knock sensor volts in a next to nothing 1300 milivolt range and even bank to bank at 6500 rpms and 17.25 lbs of boost is saying engine seems very happy running it. And I run mine hard at least one 1/4 run every time out, 11.5 1/4’s on dusty cold asphalt in the dark View attachment 13368 ain’t bad around here in February :)
Where’s the actual timing pid?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Where’s the actual timing pid?
Don’t really know, I’m tuned with DS and just recently playing with HPT, I’ll see if I can find it.

@Speedy has my tune file in HPT, Speedy can you answer this? From the Lancr email address.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
The PID for timing advance is "actual spark" in HPT.

Those plugs have a slight tint of orange but nothing too bad like I've seen with Boostane. I've used Boostane two times and my plugs stayed orange for a while LOL.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’ll see what I can find but won’t be home for a week, in AZ visiting family, granddaughters 4th B day next week :)
Traded the cold and snow ⛄️ for hot and desert 🌵 , wish I could have gotten my cat in my carry on but like usual it’s a bit too heavy lol

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
This stuff is for real. I used it and 2 gallons of ms109/93 mix to activate the HO on the redeye. I switched from boostane to the vp on the gt500 b/c advanced auto sells it. Run it in every tank on that car.
Thanks guys. I have not liked the Turco orange color either. Even us lowly road racers learn great stuff reading the drag racing threads. Walmart delivers this also. Amazon would not sell the "unleaded". So I searched and good ole Walmart has it. Has the case price FYI.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
What Walmart want for a case? $22 a qt here at Advance Auto

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
$18.25 per bottle. Including tax and delivery to my door. Unbelievable.
Walmart...they have everything!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Now what should I do with my half dozen bottles of Turco in the garage? This Forum always costs me so much money every day.[?|]

OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thread Starter #30

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #32
I guess it is with the O. It does help, but the orange MMT residue always has bothered me, so given the recommendations and pictures above, I am going to try this product.
Marty Turco was goalie who played most of his career with the Dallas Stars... good performer, but I doubt he'd fit in your gas tank.

Do you know what doesn't foul plugs or cost an arm and a leg? Propane and/or alcohol injection. ;)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
This stuff is too simple. I really don't want to mod it that way. Maybe an optimizing tune for road coursing sometime. I use that booster along with 93 at the track. Never did until upon running the '15 hard in the afternoon extended sessions once, it started to give off mid-fire codes. It did not do it after that using the stuff. It also cleared the code on its own later that evening after some starts and stops. If this stuff has less of the MMT stains, it seems like a better idea.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
This stuff is too simple. I really don't want to mod it that way. Maybe an optimizing tune for road coursing sometime. I use that booster along with 93 at the track. Never did until upon running the '15 hard in the afternoon extended sessions once, it started to give off mid-fire codes. It did not do it after that using the stuff. It also cleared the code on its own later that evening after some starts and stops. If this stuff has less of the MMT stains, it seems like a better idea.
Why does the stains from the MMT bother everyone so much? If the car runs better and that is the color of the burn, than so be it. In the old days that was the perfect burn (that burnt orangi'sh or tan color on the porcelain). Today the gas has so much alcohol and other clean burn chemicals mixed with the petrol they always look white sometimes slight grey, but much harder to get a read. Does the MMT affect sensors or emissions (i.e. catalytic converter problems)? is that what everyone's concerned about? Because the coloring looks fine to me as long as there's no oil fowling.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
I really like the boostane. Really cheap way to have a hot pump gas tune. With 10 oz of boostane added to 16 gallons of pump gas I was able to safely add a couple degrees of timing to my pump tune with zero kr.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Why does the stains from the MMT bother everyone so much? If the car runs better and that is the color of the burn, than so be it. In the old days that was the perfect burn (that burnt orangi'sh or tan color on the porcelain). Today the gas has so much alcohol and other clean burn chemicals mixed with the petrol they always look white sometimes slight grey, but much harder to get a read. Does the MMT affect sensors or emissions (i.e. catalytic converter problems)? is that what everyone's concerned about? Because the coloring looks fine to me as long as there's no oil fowling.
My thoughts are if it leaves a deposit on the plugs or anywhere in the exhaust stream, then those deposits over time lead to various malfunctions? From misfire due to fouled plugs to bad readings on the O2 sensors or maybe damage to the converters that cannot be reversed?

These guys are showing me an alternative that does not show the signs of additional coatings of "stuff" in my engine, then I am in.

Hey, I'll have a few cans of the Torco stuff available if anyone wants them, no problem. I am switching brands and very soon I am going to try the suggested different item.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I still use Torco in my Capri with Nitrous, it doesn’t have any sensors or cats to worry about, message me details about purchasing what you don’t want.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
My thoughts are if it leaves a deposit on the plugs or anywhere in the exhaust stream, then those deposits over time lead to various malfunctions? From misfire due to fouled plugs to bad readings on the O2 sensors or maybe damage to the converters that cannot be reversed?
These guys are showing me an alternative that does not show the signs of additional coatings of "stuff" in my engine, then I am in.
Hey, I'll have a few cans of the Torco stuff available if anyone wants them, no problem. I am switching brands and very soon I am going to try the suggested different item.
What @coolblue is talking about is not that there is a coating, it's that people are worried about the color of it.

Your plugs have a coating on them now... it just isn't orange. If the effect of the octane booster was purple, we'd be having the same conversation... but if it was more brown/grey, nobody would be talking about it.

I prefer the octane booster route, because it's in your control as to whether or not it's going to work. When you start using meth or propane or water to bandaid your lack of octane, you runs risks inherent with bandaid systems. If you're using them to improve performance on a 93 tune, great, but I wouldn't recommend using them to grenade your motor when they stop working.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I am just using it when I track it to make sure it has the octane it needs to keep itself out of pulling timing. I have a very demanding right foot, and when I press it down, it needs to go without a hiccup or fart at all. Plus, I want all it has if I am WOT, that is why I paid dearly even for 90 more theoretical horsepower. But, while doing that, I don't want to degrade any of the components in my car.

OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #40
What @coolblue is talking about is not that there is a coating, it's that people are worried about the color of it.

Your plugs have a coating on them now... it just isn't orange. If the effect of the octane booster was purple, we'd be having the same conversation... but if it was more brown/grey, nobody would be talking about it.

I prefer the octane booster route, because it's in your control as to whether or not it's going to work. When you start using meth or propane or water to bandaid your lack of octane, you runs risks inherent with bandaid systems. If you're using them to improve performance on a 93 tune, great, but I wouldn't recommend using them to grenade your motor when they stop working.
Differences in base octane from tank to tank and station to station, coupled with inconsistencies with mixing additives I really question the validity of the methodology proposed. How is anyone testing for blends, especially considering there is always going to be residual additives stacking up from tank to tank. The mix ratios are going to be inconsistent. Too much? May impact sensors and/or slow down the burn with too much octane (misfire codes). Too little? May not provide the desired amount of octane and lead to other problems. Engine goes boom.

As I have stated before the HC community is the only performance platform that shy's away from supplemental fuel systems - Evos, STis, boosted Fords and Mazdas, Turbo Buicks, boosted LS/LTs, and on and on... all lean toward alcohol injection (I fully acknowledge that I am an outlier with the propane voodoo experience. S-P-O-O-K-Y!) and have long standing reliable results (decades and decades worth). The bias around here is unfounded and alarmingly anecdotal. Especially considering the HC platform is Closed Loop under WOT and can compensate for a lean condition in real-time should a problem arise - failures, which with proper maintance and care, are extremely isolated.

I don't want to say you are wrong, but you are wrong. Okay, I wanted to say you are wrong. Because you are. Really wrong.

Would a factory flex fuel fuel system be ideal with E85 pumps on every corner? Sure - that would be nice, but that isn't realistic or rational.