Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye stage kits

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Direct Connection performance engine

controller from

the Demon crate says

minimum

100 octane UNLEADED required.

BB6EE81C-000D-49B5-9B50-29663272D70F.jpeg

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
the catalog says…to be decided horsepower is achieved by enabling high-octane functionality

to me that means you only get the higher horsepower with race gas.
Its the same concept as the Demon high octane button.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Its the same concept as the Demon high octane button.
I guess that does simplify it, I just don't know if I would trust the canned tune that comes with it then when you are not in HO mode, just running regular pump gas premium unleaded with that hellraiser upper pulley. That's their problem though if they are offering this stuff with a warranty, maybe I'm worrying too much.

So Demon HO mode is 840 hp, with this pulley HO mode is about 890 hp? Stock/regular street tune is 802 hp with regular gas with 3.17 hellraiser pulley installed???

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
I guess that does simplify it, I just don't know if I would trust the canned tune that comes with it then when you are not in HO mode, just running regular pump gas premium unleaded with that hellraiser upper pulley. That's their problem though if they are offering this stuff with a warranty, maybe I'm worrying too much.

So Demon HO mode is 840 hp, with this pulley HO mode is about 890 hp? Stock/regular street tune is 802 hp with regular gas with 3.17 hellraiser pulley installed???

I was wondering about that myself. I would assume they are relying on the knock sensors to pull timing if the octane isn't there but there might be other fail safes build into the system.

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
I was wondering about that myself. I would assume they are relying on the knock sensors to pull timing if the octane isn't there but there might be other fail safes build into the system.
And just the pulley on 93 octane should add 40HP on its own.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
You will need to pump more fuel in if you turn up the boost.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Considering this is how I will be using my car almost all the time, this package for a few thousand it not a very good value - for me. My car is a great runner on the stock tune, I'm really not convinced it would be any quicker/faster with this set up on pump gas.

BTW I'm going to go play at the track on Saturday so I just bought a 5-gallon can of VP Fuels MS 109 for $100, so 20 dollars a gallon for 104 octane unleaded. My wife would kill me if I was buying 1-2 of those a week!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Considering this is how I will be using my car almost all the time, this package for a few thousand it not a very good value - for me. My car is a great runner on the stock tune, I'm really not convinced it would be any quicker/faster with this set up on pump gas.

BTW I'm going to go play at the track on Saturday so I just bought a 5-gallon can of VP Fuels MS 109 for $100, so 20 dollars a gallon for 104 octane unleaded. My wife would kill me if I was buying 1-2 of those a week!
Do tell me how that works, since I took a plunge and I am expecting 55 gallons of that stuff to be delivered soon.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Do tell me how that works, since I took a plunge and I am expecting 55 gallons of that stuff to be delivered soon.
What did you have to pay for 55 gallons?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
What did you have to pay for 55 gallons?
MS109 $15.75. It is a deal with the help of a friend who owns gas stations. They are even bringing it to my house.:love:

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye

And the 3.17 pulley is listed for $1,195.00 through Direct Connection. You can buy this pulley for $799.00 same manufacture.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I always keep it 100
I compete on the weekends
I barely run on the street.

On the street With the 840 button pushed
The rear tires will just spin easier
unless you can transfer the weight.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
And the 3.17 pulley is listed for $1,195.00 through Direct Connection. You can buy this pulley for $799.00 same manufacture.
Cat claws back at owner, translation price gouging. Basically 50 % more.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
The DC markup is the price for keeping your warranty. Still don’t think it’s worth it.