Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye stage kits

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Redeye stage kits delayed until they pass California emissions. Anyone have info on this?

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I attempted to order. The kits are not ready yet. DC is saying June, maybe.

My most recent email with Sarah.

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for your inquiry. The Stage Kit you’re looking for hasn’t been released yet. An announcement regarding ordering and availability will be based on CARB certification approval timing. We’re as eager as you are to get you the performance boost you’ve been waiting for!

You’re officially on our waitlist. As soon as we have an update we’re able to share, you’ll be among the first to know.

Thank you,
Direct Connection Tech Hotline Team
800-998-1110

OP
R

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Thread Starter #3
I'm sure that decision left Dodge execs somewhat red faced considering all the hype.

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
Would have been nice if Dodge had released for the rest of the US and waited for CA to get their heads out of their collective butts.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I say to hell with Commiefornia. Make it illegal there and let the real American muscle car lovers have it.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Thought I read that the Hellephant was able to pass emissions.
Or maybe it was more HP on the Demon but the limit was because they couldn't get it to hook.

I doubt they are advertising the power packages without approval.
This is probably more about getting the parts (likely programmers) in stock to ship out.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Sadly these upgrade packages seem pretty overrated and require 100-ocatne unleaded race fuel which is like insane expensive. Then there's all the time you don't have race gas in your car, what is the tune doing then? I was so pumped for this stuff, but for what they are offering for the price...it solidified my choice to choose an upgrade package from one of the best like Barth/Dusteroff/Berge offer and it also seems like if you aren't ready to flex fuel/tune with E85 you are living in the past.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Sadly these upgrade packages seem pretty overrated and require 100-ocatne unleaded race fuel which is like insane expensive. Then there's all the time you don't have race gas in your car, what is the tune doing then? I was so pumped for this stuff, but for what they are offering for the price...it solidified my choice to choose an upgrade package from one of the best like Barth/Dusteroff/Berge offer and it also seems like if you aren't ready to flex fuel/tune with E85 you are living in the past.
The 93 tune offered in the aftermarket is really a 100 octane unleaded tune if you want your engine to run right and live.

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
I have a flex fuel set up on my Redeye and I'll be asking if I can use E-85 instead of race fuel

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
This is most likely the route I will go. I am 60% into my power train warranty, looking like no Hellaphant. Shit ton of money for factory upgrade HP to dollar value. Unknown variables with this DC kit, will the hiccup go away, what will drivability be like. That and it has handcuffs unless rocket propulsion grade fuel for only about 80 HP Gain. My very thought as well on turning to one of the handful of tuners that can send it hard with Proven results. I shall ponder a bit more, but inching towards non factory mod with smiles per miles.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
These cars need 100 octane fuel anyway especially if you're racing it.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Ya know if yer really gittin after it shit happens to stock mills with 93 just ask a few members, so for reliability you may have a point.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Ya know if yer really gittin after it shit happens to stock mills with 93 just ask a few members, so for reliability you may have a point.
Mine kept laying over around half track from new. I got it tuned and still did it. I added 100 octane and it picked up .3.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Not surprised. If controller picks up STK it throws the chastity belt on for protection, instantly pulling timing.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Where does it say 100 octane required?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Where does it say 100 octane required?
the catalog says…to be decided horsepower is achieved by enabling high-octane functionality

to me that means you only get the higher horsepower with race gas.

Attachments

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Just priced a 55 drum yesterday

$669.00

260 GT Sunoco.

Have to pay to play!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Have a VP 109 drum on the way for $866. We will see if loading it up with higher octane will improve its road course manners, hiccuping, and hold itself together.

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
Just priced a 55 drum yesterday

$669.00

260 GT Sunoco.

Have to pay to play!
E85 is 100 octane and only a little over $3 a gallon. I wonder if we'll be able to use E as our high octane?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL