Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye is very consistent....plus smoked a modded ZL1

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Impressive trap speed on that ZL1 though. Was he catching up on the big end?

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #22
Impressive trap speed on that ZL1 though. Was he catching up on the big end?
He was but the win light was all that mattered lol

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Nice consistent passes.

I used to tease the ZL1 guys over on the Camaro forum (I have a Gen 6 2SS). I started a thread called "when will a ZL1 get in the 10s" LOL. It had 40 something pages last time I looked. Local guy from the forum would meet up with us at the track sometimes and always seemed a bit aggravated the Hellcat was running 10s all the time stock with a tire and used to look pretty close to see if I'd modded it yet. Next time I see him I'm gonna tell him I finally put a tune on it LOL.

I think GM killed them with torque management to save the trans.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Just got back from the track. It was a very busy day for Toronto Motorsports park (Cayuga Dragway). It was jammed and the line ups were 45 min to over a hour. The track prep was not the greatest because of all the street tire cars and ricers tearing up the track. I only ended up getting 4 passes in but I can't believe how consistent the Redeye is. Just look at my first 3 passes. The track was horrible by the 4th pass.

The best part of the day was on my second pass a new ZL1 Camaro asked the car ahead of him if he could go in front to race me. The ZL1 had headers, exhaust, pulley, tune, intake slicks and skinnies. I had a stock Redeye with 17" Racestars with 305 ETRs. I had my skinnies in the trunk plus a jack and all my stuff plus myself at 295lbs. After the run all the Mopar guys were giving me the thumbs up and yelling. It was awesome. I did not use the skinnies on any passes. I have not used the skinnies yet. I am waiting to beat my PB before I bolt them on.

View attachment 3388
Sweet numbers. The ZL didn't have a chance. He even had a head start! I would have thought the MPH numbers would have been higher though.

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger SRT Widebody Jailbreak
Nicely done Markp! I'm trying to get to the track before the snow comes! My Redeye is almost broken in.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Just got back from the track. It was a very busy day for Toronto Motorsports park (Cayuga Dragway). It was jammed and the line ups were 45 min to over a hour. The track prep was not the greatest because of all the street tire cars and ricers tearing up the track. I only ended up getting 4 passes in but I can't believe how consistent the Redeye is. Just look at my first 3 passes. The track was horrible by the 4th pass.

The best part of the day was on my second pass a new ZL1 Camaro asked the car ahead of him if he could go in front to race me. The ZL1 had headers, exhaust, pulley, tune, intake slicks and skinnies. I had a stock Redeye with 17" Racestars with 305 ETRs. I had my skinnies in the trunk plus a jack and all my stuff plus myself at 295lbs. After the run all the Mopar guys were giving me the thumbs up and yelling. It was awesome. I did not use the skinnies on any passes. I have not used the skinnies yet. I am waiting to beat my PB before I bolt them on.

View attachment 3388

BRAVO, I can hear the crowd chanting "Challenger". That will definitely get you pumped.

Well done.

OBC

Jalenator

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Max Steel Hellcat RedEye
Sweet...best RT and 60 foot times on that pass against the ZL1...guess your were amped for that one...way to represent Mark!

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
oct 13th, I can take your tires, lets go! all highway no small towns to slow us down.[driving][driving]
I got to see how it goes for my knee operation and if I can get Tires before that date. Do they have high Octane at the track?

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger SRT Widebody Jailbreak
Curious - what octane were you using Markp?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Good job Mark from Florida. Your take off RPM was that low?? Not to smoke the wheels, but I would thought it would be higher. Good job. Still hot as hell ster there.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Road track comparison last year, reading Road and Track at physical therapy, another new knee, rated the Camaro over Lambo, Hell Cat, Ferrari, and Demons. Road course was the testing ground. Reasoning was the inter coolers. The Camaro was using 6. Now where the hell they put them, I have no clue.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I won't take any thunder from Marc's thread, but some of us have flat passed one of them on a road course too despite R&T et all saying we can't. Don't give a rip if he had ten intercoolers.

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #33
Sweet numbers. The ZL didn't have a chance. He even had a head start! I would have thought the MPH numbers would have been higher though.
Well I did have over 3/4 tank and there was a headwind all day so that maybe why the mph is a little low.So far my highest has been 130.75 mph

Nicely done Markp! I'm trying to get to the track before the snow comes! My Redeye is almost broken in.
A bunch of us are heading to Napeirville in Quebec not this weekend but next weekend. We may even be renting the track for Monday. You should come. If your interested PM me for the details. It is the fastest track in Canada and there are motels, restaurants and gas station a stones throw from the track.

BRAVO, I can hear the crowd chanting "Challenger". That will definitely get you pumped.

Well done.

OBC
Thank you. Yes I was very happy because it was a street outlaws night so the place was pretty busy and the announcer likes to talk a lot about the cars and get the crowd going and hype up every race. So when it was ZL1 vs Hellcat Redeye he was hyping up the race.

Sweet...best RT and 60 foot times on that pass against the ZL1...guess your were amped for that one...way to represent Mark!
Thank you. We are going to the track in two weeks you should come PM me for details.

I got to see how it goes for my knee operation and if I can get Tires before that date. Do they have high Octane at the track?
Yes Cayuga has pumps at the track every octane you can think of.

Curious - what octane were you using Markp?
I had half a tank of Esso 93 and half a tank of Petro 94. My tank was full to 3/4 for those 4 passes.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
oct 13th, I can take your tires, lets go! all highway no small towns to slow us down.[driving][driving]
I got to see how it goes for my knee operation and if I can get tires before that date. Do they have high Octane at the track?
Well I did have over 3/4 tank and there was a headwind all day so that maybe why the mph is a little low.So far my highest has been 130.75 mph

A bunch of us are heading to Napeirville in Quebec not this weekend but next weekend. We may even be renting the track for Monday. You should come. If your interested PM me for the details. It is the fastest track in Canada and there are motels, restaurants and gas station a stones throw from the track.

Thank you. Yes I was very happy because it was a street outlaws night so the place was pretty busy and the announcer likes to talk a lot about the cars and get the crowd going and hype up every race. So when it was ZL1 vs Hellcat Redeye he was hyping up the race.

Thank you. We are going to the track in two weeks you should come PM me for details.

Yes Cayuga has pumps at the track every octane you can think of.

I had half a tank of Esso 93 and half a tank of Petro 94. My tank was full to 3/4 for those 4 passes.
I was thinking of Napeirville. If they have fuel.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

View attachment 3388
Great times. Bracket car consistent. The ZL1 had crap for 60 foot. Don't you feel guilty for breaking his heart?

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #36
Great times. Bracket car consistent. The ZL1 had crap for 60 foot. Don't you feel guilty for breaking his heart?
Did I mention he came on a trailer lol.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Did I mention he came on a trailer lol.
You suppose he knew that he was going to get his doors blown off and couldn't drive his car home that way?.... LMAO

OBC

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Congrats Markp , nice passes. What was the DA ?

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #39
Congrats Markp , nice passes. What was the DA ?
I believe it was around 750

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I believe it was around 750
I'm still waiting for some of that down here in Houston ! lol.