Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye 1/4 mile times list

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
What I find strange is this...all your previous passes you had 60s in the 1.4s and as your 60s got lower your times got better which makes sense. You did a 1.447 and 10.372 then you went a bit quicker then you went 1.439 and 10.276. All looks good and makes sense but then you did your worst 60 a 1.526 and went 10.142. The top 9 stock redeyes all have faster 60s. For you to run that time with that 60 is weird especially if you hit the brakes to run 10.142 @ 125.73 mph. That would mean that was a 9 second run with a 1.526 60 which does not seem right. At least not without a tune or trans tune. I am sorry I find this fishy. I will add the time but something here doesn't make sense. I call bullshit. Your not going in the stock class unfortunately.
View attachment 14491
I will admit it looks bad. But it could have easily be that he spun a little on that pass. Also the better post 60 time and speed (except the 1320 speed) could easlily be the SRT Power Chiller was more optimized for that run. Per his notes it says 57 Deg for the 10.27 run and it says 62 deg for the 10.14 run. It is absolutely possible based on my research with my Demon that the Power chiller was NOT enabled on the 10.27 run but it was for sure enabled on the 62 deg 10.14 run. So I think you should go back and re think your actions............ Just sayin.

@Redeye_Racer797

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I will admit it looks bad. But it could have easily be that he spun a little on that pass. Also the better post 60 time and speed (except the 1320 speed) could easlily be the SRT Power Chiller was more optimized for that run. Per his notes it says 57 Deg for the 10.27 run and it says 62 deg for the 10.14 run. It is absolutely possible based on my research with my Demon that the Power chiller was NOT enabled on the 10.27 run but it was for sure enabled on the 62 deg 10.14 run. So I think you should go back and re think your actions............ Just sayin.

@Redeye_Racer797
Or provide a back up run to prove it was not a fluke or malfunction of any kind . When I got my first 9 second pass I went 9.97 then backed it up with a 9.94 the very next pass with witnesses.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Member ID
Reactions
City
Slidell
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Wow, honestly guys I was just sharing my slips from the event because I was proud of how the car performed.

My car is stock (factory locked PCM & TCM, no pulley changes, etc.) and only has the P4D DIRS and the 17" rear wheel/tire set up. The conditions at the event were as good as any Racer could ever ask for with great track prep, DA, Baro, and temps.

I fully admit that the 10.14 slip looks odd, and that's why I tried to explain the events that led to it and why I shared the other time slips. I am definitely not trying to con or fool anyone. There are definitely other Stock Redeye's w/ better drivers out there, the fastest stock Redeye on the Dodge 1320 list is a 9.905 and the next fastest is a 10.139 (and that pass was with a 1.54 60 ft).

Could mine have been a computer/timer malfunction, possibly. So with that said, I recommend you just eliminating my 10.14 slip and use my 10.27 pass for your list if that's will eliminate the controversy. I definitely don't want it if it's going to be covered in a bunch of controversy.

I know the car can do it again (given the conditions), and have every intention of trying to replicate the pass...that is if this COVID-19 scare passes and the local tracks ever open back up.

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #284
Wow, honestly guys I was just sharing my slips from the event because I was proud of how the car performed.

My car is stock (factory locked PCM & TCM, no pulley changes, etc.) and only has the P4D DIRS and the 17" rear wheel/tire set up. The conditions at the event were as good as any Racer could ever ask for with great track prep, DA, Baro, and temps.

I fully admit that the 10.14 slip looks odd, and that's why I tried to explain the events that led to it and why I shared the other time slips. I am definitely not trying to con or fool anyone. There are definitely other Stock Redeye's w/ better drivers out there, the fastest stock Redeye on the Dodge 1320 list is a 9.905 and the next fastest is a 10.139 (and that pass was with a 1.54 60 ft).

Could mine have been a computer/timer malfunction, possibly. So with that said, I recommend you just eliminating my 10.14 slip and use my 10.27 pass for your list if that's will eliminate the controversy. I definitely don't want it if it's going to be covered in a bunch of controversy.

I know the car can do it again (given the conditions), and have every intention of trying to replicate the pass...that is if this COVID-19 scare passes and the local tracks ever open back up.
I agree with that I will change you time to your 10.27 pass and put you in the 100% stock class. I hope you can understand our concerns though. We are just trying to keep the list as accurate as possible. Your time has been added and congrats. No hard feelings I hope.

Last edited:
OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #285

@Redeye_Racer797
We have come to what I think is a fair compromise. I have added his second fastest time. If he runs his car again and goes faster we will take his word for it. I am trying to keep the list as fair and accurate as possible. The ET with 60 ft and mph just added some reasonable doubt and I was not the only one that had some doubt. I can only go by comparing the top times from other stock Redeyes on the list and you have to admit that one slip did add some doubt when compared.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
We have come to what I think is a fair compromise. I have added his second fastest time. If he runs his car again and goes faster we will take his word for it. I am trying to keep the list as fair and accurate as possible. The ET with 60 ft and mph just added some reasonable doubt and I was not the only one that had some doubt. I can only go by comparing the top times from other stock Redeyes on the list and you have to admit that one slip did add some doubt when compared.
If you put his second fastest time on the stock list that would be fair. It would be better to have a non goofy time slip posted.

I know for a fact if you are making passes and as the DA and ambient temp are moving up throughout the day, when you reach the point where the Power chiller is enabled (won't work below 55 deg), the car will pick up a tenth easy, if not more. You can tell on the 10.14 pass the car was making more power based on the 1/8th MPH. Yes the 60 is off, but maybe he changed the launch RPM (not likely) or he spun a little on that hit.

So, what I am saying is I believe him. I think it is legit.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
Mark I would like to put my $.02 on your list .

When you say stock boost that should mean stock pulleys AND stock RPM shift points .
I say this because once you raise the shift point rpms you are making more boost then a stock locked ecu car .

A tuned stock boost car will make the same boost as any showroom car at any and every rpm if the two are tested side by side. Rpm is only a reference point or a point of measurement.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
A tuned stock boost car will make the same boost as any showroom car at any and every rpm if the two are tested side by side. Rpm is only a reference point or a point of measurement.
Yes but if you shift the car at a high rpm then stock you are spinning the supercharger faster and making more boost ,

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
No different than running it in high barometric pressure which will also add boost even at stock shift points and below. The difference in 1 point of barometric pressure blows away any gain you can achieve with RPM. Your logic implies that a stock boost car only makes stock boost at stock shift points? What about under the stock shift points? Some of these guys shift at 6500 and some shift at 7k+ They are both stock boost cars if the engines and blowers are stock unmodified units that can be swapped with any stock oem replacement part from the dealer and duplicate the same numbers. Using your rule, can someone claim less than stock boost if their trans short shifts below the stock shift points?

Again, stock boost simply references the boost any and every unmodified stock blower is capable of making when mated to a stock engine at any and every reference point- whether that point of reference is RPM, Barometric pressure, or whatever. Changing shift points in the trans only means you have a modified tune and has no effect on whether a factory supercharger makes stock boost or not.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
No different than running it in high barometric pressure which will also add boost even at stock shift points and below. The difference in 1 point of barometric pressure blows away any gain you can achieve with RPM. Your logic implies that a stock boost car only makes stock boost at stock shift points? What about under the stock shift points? Some of these guys shift at 6500 and some shift at 7k+ They are both stock boost cars if the engines and blowers are stock unmodified units that can be swapped with any stock oem replacement part from the dealer and duplicate the same numbers. Using your rule, can someone claim less than stock boost if their trans short shifts below the stock shift points?

Again, stock boost simply references the boost any and every unmodified stock blower is capable of making when mated to a stock engine at any and every reference point- whether that point of reference is RPM, Barometric pressure, or whatever. Changing shift points in the trans only means you have a modified tune and has no effect on whether a factory supercharger makes stock boost or not.
When you take a stock hellcat and rev it too 6500 you make more boost then at 6200 (stock shift point). Rev it to 7000 and you make even more boost . I agree you make the same boost through the rpm range up to the stock shift point then after that you make more boost then stock .

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #291
To be honest I have never liked this whole “stock boost” thing. It implies that as long as you have stock pulleys you are making the same boost as stock. Which is not always true.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Mine makes stock boost if I shift at 4500 rpm.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
To be honest I have never liked this whole “stock boost” thing. It implies that as long as you have stock pulleys you are making the same boost as stock. Which is not always true.
Agreed that some will try to oversimplify to mean just stock pullies, which is not accurate. However, we both know that modified blowers can't make stock boost even if they run the stock pullies. Sure some will try to play games and run a ported blower and or ported snout and or aftermarket intake and try to say that when it's not the case.

On the flip side, a stock unmodified blower with stock pullies , mounted to a stock engine can only make stock boost. When FCA tests these combos, they run them up well beyond the warranty rpm thresholds they assign in the tune. These engines make the same boost at higher rpms as any real stock boost car. The assertion that you can only make stock boost up to a certain rpm is a semantic argument at best and implies an arbitrary "number" as the blowers maximum boost output. Guys often quote a number like 14.5 lbs or 11 lbs of boost, not understanding that there is a long list of test controls oems use to achieve that number. Part of SAE testing requires that published specs are achieved at certain reference points like temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, etc. Ironically SAE standards do not require that boost ratings be at 6200 rpm ... Or any specific rpm for that matter. Not sure why some of these folks are so hung up on the whole rpm thing when the Society of Automotive Engineers isn't. Lol

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Agreed that some will try to oversimplify to mean just stock pullies, which is not accurate. However, we both know that modified blowers can't make stock boost even if they run the stock pullies. Sure some will try to play games and run a ported blower and or ported snout and or aftermarket intake and try to say that when it's not the case.

On the flip side, a stock unmodified blower with stock pullies , mounted to a stock engine can only make stock boost. When FCA tests these combos, they run them up well beyond the warranty rpm thresholds they assign in the tune. These engines make the same boost at higher rpms as any real stock boost car. The assertion that you can only make stock boost up to a certain rpm is a semantic argument at best and implies an arbitrary "number" as the blowers maximum boost output. Guys often quote a number like 14.5 lbs or 11 lbs of boost, not understanding that there is a long list of test controls oems use to achieve that number. Part of SAE testing requires that published specs are achieved at certain reference points like temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, etc. Ironically SAE standards do not require that boost ratings be at 6200 rpm ... Or any specific rpm for that matter. Not sure why some of these folks are so hung up on the whole rpm thing when the Society of Automotive Engineers isn't. Lol
So what you are saying is if I put a boost guage on the supercharger I will not see additional boost at 6500 VS 6200? You know as well as I do there will be a higher boost reading at 6500 then 6200 on the same car stock or not . Yes there is meany factors that contribute to boost pressure ( temp, barometric pressure,etc) but same day , same car only thing being different is the raised shift points the raised shift points will make more boost above the factory shift points contributing to a better Et and mph .

As soon as a person raises their shift point they can not claim stock boost if you run the car with the higher shift points . Stock pulleys is the appropriate term .

I'm trying to keep the playing field as equal as possible. Comparing Apple's to apples

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Mine makes stock boost if I shift at 4500 rpm.
But does it really now that you have that lower on? 🤣🤣

Sorry just having fun. I will go back in my corner now.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
So what you are saying is if I put a boost guage on the supercharger I will not see additional boost at 6500 VS 6200? You know as well as I do there will be a higher boost reading at 6500 then 6200 on the same car stock or not . Yes there is meany factors that contribute to boost pressure ( temp, barometric pressure,etc) but same day , same car only thing being different is the raised shift points the raised shift points will make more boost above the factory shift points contributing to a better Et and mph .

As soon as a person raises their shift point they can not claim stock boost if you run the car with the higher shift points . Stock pulleys is the appropriate term .

I'm trying to keep the playing field as equal as possible. Comparing Apple's to apples

Using 100% stock factory parts( engine and supercharger) is how the playing field is kept equal. Hence the "stock" portion of the term stock boost. Comparing a stock pullied car with a ported blower and or snout to the same car with an unmodified engine and blower is comparing apples to oranges. Both setups look the same on the outside but...swap the ported blower on the stock pullied car out for an actual stock blower and the boost will not be the same. Swapping the blower on a stock boost car with another stock blower will yield identical boost numbers

As soon as you raise or lower the rpm on a stock setup (or any blower for that matter) the boost produced should change- whether its on FCA's dyno or anyone elses. Likewise If you add one point of barometric pressure in the dyno room to one stock setup shifted at 6200 and not the other- the car tested in the higher barometric pressure will produce an additional pound of boost over the other car even though they are shifted at the same RPM. Both scenarios are representative of stock boost. Both RPM and baro are points of reference and do not physically alter the engine or blower.

Claiming stock pulleys is even more misleading than stock boost as I have seen folks with ported blowers and or snouts claim this in the past. A novice sees this and thinks the physical setup is stock when it isnt. A stock pullied car with a ported blower and or ported snout will not make stock boost at any RPM.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Using 100% stock factory parts( engine and supercharger) is how the playing field is kept equal. Hence the "stock" portion of the term stock boost. Comparing a stock pullied car with a ported blower and or snout to the same car with an unmodified engine and blower is comparing apples to oranges. Both setups look the same on the outside but...swap the ported blower on the stock pullied car out for an actual stock blower and the boost will not be the same. Swapping the blower on a stock boost car with another stock blower will yield identical boost numbers

As soon as you raise or lower the rpm on a stock setup (or any blower for that matter) the boost produced should change- whether its on FCA's dyno or anyone elses. Likewise If you add one point of barometric pressure in the dyno room to one stock setup shifted at 6200 and not the other- the car tested in the higher barometric pressure will produce an additional pound of boost over the other car even though they are shifted at the same RPM. Both scenarios are representative of stock boost. Both RPM and baro are points of reference and do not physically alter the engine or blower.

Claiming stock pulleys is even more misleading than stock boost as I have seen folks with ported blowers and or snouts claim this in the past. A novice sees this and thinks the physical setup is stock when it isnt. A stock pullied car with a ported blower and or ported snout will not make stock boost at any RPM.
I do agree with the car has to be unmodified . Any modifications changes everything . It's also not fair to compare a stock with stock shift points VS the same same car with raised shift points.
If you load the stock tune in a car and run it then load a tune with raise shift points only you will make more boost and run quicker . I take barometric pressure out of the equation as that affect all cars the same I'm talking the only change being the raised shift points . The car will make the same boost up to the stock shift point then the raised shift points tune It will start making more boost after that . Hence why I say it's not stock boost any more .

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on our definitely of stock boost stock pulleys.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
I do agree with the car has to be unmodified . Any modifications changes everything . It's also not fair to compare a stock with stock shift points VS the same same car with raised shift points.
If you load the stock tune in a car and run it then load a tune with raise shift points only you will make more boost and run quicker . I take barometric pressure out of the equation as that affect all cars the same I'm talking the only change being the raised shift points . The car will make the same boost up to the stock shift point then the raised shift points tune It will start making more boost after that . Hence why I say it's not stock boost any more .

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on our definitely of stock boost stock pulleys.

This has been an engaging discussion. Something nice to occupy the mind instead of what is going on in the world. I dont think anyone is comparing a stock car running the stock tune to a stock boost car. The tune is where the hidden power is unlocked and the vast majority of the comes from tune adjustments outside of increasing RPM. Clearly the different tunes make a difference, otherwise no one would change tune. However, a completely stock car and a stock boost car will still make the same boost at any and every rpm- regardless of the rpm you may choose to use as your measuring point. Ultimately, that is exactly what defines a stock boost car.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Ohhh god... soooo many words!! :LOL:

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Ohhh god... soooo many words!! :LOL:
I was scrolling on by and thinking holy shit, do I really want to read all of this. Then I stopped at your post, and just about hit the floor, lol!