Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

"Project Demons Breath"

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
haha just makes me more depressed about my current situation.

are you currently just on a startup/idle tune before you head to a dyno?
Don't get down yet you will figure it out.
I am lucky as my track is an exception to the norm, even for Canada. They prep like no other. Last year they had a big event and brought in a big named company from the US to help. On the Friday with the company doing the prep it didn't go so well. So the owner of the track went back to doing it his way and he was being praised for the track prep.

I head to the staging lanes when they are racing a class and call for the next class.
They let us run in between the classes of racing. So I can sit at the front of the line for quite some time before I go. Then it's start and head to burnout. So the IAT situation usually isn't an issue for me.
Once you figure out the issue you will get your 9. The mph says so.😉

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Forget being conservative, we need to hit the track as many times as we can.(y)
Break in or not I am going on the 20th for a rental if they let me in.
I have a feeling my ground issue we found recently may have been my problem last year. One way to find out.😉

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Break in or not I am going on the 20th for a rental if they let me in.
I have a feeling my ground issue we found recently may have been my problem last year. One way to find out.😉
Jim you doing the 10% this season or save for next year.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Jim you doing the 10% this season or save for next year.
Not sure as I am running out of time to get stuff dialed in if I do. I only have 450kms on the new motor so far.
Judging by leaves I am not sure I will be able to run into November. They aren't turning but some are already falling.💩

I am also a little afraid as if I do and it runs a 9.9x @fumanchu182 will send out a hit squad on me. 😂

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Not sure as I am running out of time to get stuff dialed in if I do. I only have 450kms on the new motor so far.
Judging by leaves I am not sure I will be able to run into November. They aren't turning but some are already falling.💩

I am also a little afraid as if I do and it runs a 9.9x @fumanchu182 will send out a hit squad on me. 😂
Never! As he climbs into the helicopter with nods on... No way man, go run that number, I will live vicariously through you till I get sorted!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Man that things sounds amazing with that new cam. You got me thinking now :unsure: Would be cheaper/easier for me to just unplug a coil pack, but....:ROFLMAO:

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,927
Man that things sounds amazing with that new cam. You got me thinking now :unsure: Would be cheaper/easier for me to just unplug a coil pack, but....
Hmmm that might slow you down a touch

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Man that things sounds amazing with that new cam. You got me thinking now :unsure: Would be cheaper/easier for me to just unplug a coil pack, but....:ROFLMAO:
Hmmm that might slow you down a touch

Don't tell my generation this will change the exhaust sounds of their car to even somewhat mimic a lope. I new of people who put a switch on their diesel turbos to not allow them to build boost so they'd roll more black smoke.....🤦‍♂️

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I new of people who put a switch on their diesel turbos to not allow them to build boost so they'd roll more black smoke.....🤦‍♂️
That's a big reason why the EPA is hammering us now.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
That's a big reason why the EPA is hammering us now.
Correct. My truck barley puffs. I went the opptisite route I was looking for ways to plug the waste gate as much as possible to build more boost when I was in college. Had to make cheap hp.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,931
Well boys and girls I have been tuning and tuning and tuning . I got the car idling pretty good all I got left is a bit hunting when I first start it then it's a 90% after that .

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,932
Still out tuning the idle . With the 105mm throttle and camshaft it makes it a bit more difficult to tune . I found that I have to tune park/neutral then tune drive/reverse/separately . I can't use the same settings for both.
I was using the same settings for both and when I dial in one of them the other would be off then vice a versa . It's time consuming but worth it . My idle vacuum is up too! With the stock demon cam hot idle the vacuum was 17 inch . When I first fired up the car with the new cam it was only 12 inches lol . It now bounces 14-15 inches .

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Still out tuning the idle . With the 105mm throttle and camshaft it makes it a bit more difficult to tune . I found that I have to tune park/neutral then tune drive/reverse/separately . I can't use the same settings for both.
I was using the same settings for both and when I dial in one of them the other would be off then vice a versa . It's time consuming but worth it . My idle vacuum is up too! With the stock demon cam hot idle the vacuum was 17 inch . When I first fired up the car with the new cam it was only 12 inches lol . It now bounces 14-15 inches .

All the 🥔 sounds

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,934
Well ....... After doing more research ( which there is very little of) I reset all the idle tables back to stock and started over. What I have found out is the actual "idle" tables only do a small part of the actual idle control . There is a bunch of other tables that need to be changed .
A lot of tuners will raise the idle rpms to 800 or more ! But not me I'm too stubborn for that lol . I have my car idling at 736 rpms . It's about 90% ( again lol ) all I have left is a tiny bit of hunting on start up that lasts about 30 seconds. Other then that it pretty damn good . I'm trying to get a smooth consistent idle with out hunting or big swings in ignition timing . I have lost some of the "lope" at idle but that is secondary for me .
"Function over fashion "

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Well ....... After doing more research ( which there is very little of) I reset all the idle tables back to stock and started over. What I have found out is the actual "idle" tables only do a small part of the actual idle control . There is a bunch of other tables that need to be changed .
A lot of tuners will raise the idle rpms to 800 or more ! But not me I'm too stubborn for that lol . I have my car idling at 736 rpms . It's about 90% ( again lol ) all I have left is a tiny bit of hunting on start up that lasts about 30 seconds. Other then that it pretty damn good . I'm trying to get a smooth consistent idle with out hunting or big swings in ignition timing . I have lost some of the "lope" at idle but that is secondary for me .
"Function over fashion "

Funny, everything in your last two posts was talked about at my last tune with the slightly bigger 95mm throttle body. I switched back to stock TB but actually liked a higher idle and asked AJ to set higher. Its @800+ now.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I believe there is some behind the scenes artificial neural network stuff going on that influences idle fueling and probably other stuff. I think ZHC told me that and it's not stuff you can directly change but more figuring out how to get it to do the ANN thing like YOU want it to.

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,937
Funny, everything in your last two posts was talked about at my last tune with the slightly bigger 95mm throttle body. I switched back to stock TB but actually liked a higher idle and asked AJ to set higher. Its @800+ now.
There are A LOT of tables that affect idle that's for sure .
Before the cam my car idled at 724 rpms and was stable and ran great , now with the cam it looks like the number is 736 rpms . I prefer the lowest stable idle I can get .

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #1,938
I believe there is some behind the scenes artificial neural network stuff going on that influences idle fueling and probably other stuff. I think ZHC told me that and it's not stuff you can directly change but more figuring out how to get it to do the ANN thing like YOU want it to.
Oh there is definitely ANN influencing the idle . I believe that's why so many tables influence it . I know I can get it to idle the way I want it . It will just take some time .

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
At some point does it make more sense to disable NN and use VE? Or is that cheating and the best thing to do is learn NN?

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
At some point does it make more sense to disable NN and use VE? Or is that cheating and the best thing to do is learn NN?
Good rule of thumb for VE vs NN is that if you have changed displacement VE should be the way forward. As an example I’m using NN right now and I’ve seen 18lbs of boost on my pulley. The injectors and timing were scaled appropriately so the interpolation engine in NN can make the correct decisions.