Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

P00EA IAT Sensor 3 Circuit Low Bank 1

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Billet Silver Redeye
Question - I've received this code along with the dreaded P1620 on a few quarter mile passes lately. Since I'm pulling the blower to install spacers/blanket I plan to replace the offending TMAP sensor.

Can anyone confirm which of the 4 sensors "sensor 3 bank 1" represents?

When I look up P00EA, it references the sensor on the driver side, middle of the blower (intermediate TMAP). However, when I looked up the supercharger removal procedures the sensor on the front of the blower on the passenger side is referred to as 'bank 1'.

Want to make sure I replace the correct sensor.

Paul...

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
image.jpg

OP
AMRCN HP

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Thanks, I hadn’t seen that diagram.

However, I’m still not sure which of the 4 sensors the code is for... looking up the DTC, it calls out the intermediate TMAP sensor (#2 above). The ‘bank 1’ sensor is called out as #1 in the diagram above. And the Dodge service manual refers to #4 above as the ‘bank 1’ sensor.

I’m so confused...

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thanks, I hadn’t seen that diagram.

However, I’m still not sure which of the 4 sensors the code is for... looking up the DTC, it calls out the intermediate TMAP sensor (#2 above). The ‘bank 1’ sensor is called out as #1 in the diagram above. And the Dodge service manual refers to #4 above as the ‘bank 1’ sensor.

I’m so confused...
Well they are something like 40$ or less a piece. Might just want to change all of them so they are of equal age. Would save lots of headache trying to figure out which is bad when one or more may be acting up. I would pull different codes indicating a different sensor occasionally so upgrading all 4 is my current route.

OP
AMRCN HP

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Well they are something like 40$ or less a piece. Might just want to change all of them so they are of equal age. Would save lots of headache trying to figure out which is bad when one or more may be acting up. I would pull different codes indicating a different sensor occasionally so upgrading all 4 is my current route.
Interesting - were you also throwing a P1620 and dumping boost?

Its possible I may have logged a different sensor/code once or twice - may just be easier to replace all.

Paul...

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Interesting - were you also throwing a P1620 and dumping boost?

Its possible I may have logged a different sensor/code once or twice - may just be easier to replace all.

Paul...
I had P00FA/FB and a few other associated ones I cant remember. Im pushing to much boost for my sensors is my problem though. You didnt mention your mods, but my issue goes to making over 18psi on a 2 bar sensor.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I will be paying close attention to this as well. I do not currently have this issue but I'm trying to figure out which sensors are logging which parameters in HP tuners and I have an 18 plus car and some seem to believe that the 18 and newer already have 3 bar (I'm making 19+psi on a 2.5 with no codes)

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
I will be paying close attention to this as well. I do not currently have this issue but I'm trying to figure out which sensors are logging which parameters in HP tuners and I have an 18 plus car and some seem to believe that the 18 and newer already have 3 bar (I'm making 19+psi on a 2.5 with no codes)
Thats my understanding as well. I ordered 4 oem demon maf sensors, just working on a tuner to get them squared away.

OP
AMRCN HP

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Have heard this as well.

OP
AMRCN HP

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
I had P00FA/FB and a few other associated ones I cant remember. Im pushing to much boost for my sensors is my problem though. You didnt mention your mods, but my issue goes to making over 18psi on a 2 bar sensor.
I'm currently running a 2.85/10% combo so am probably sitting right around 18psi. I only get the code near the top of 4th gear, which does make me think it could be max boost related.

Maybe I should replace with the Demon TMAPs instead since I'm planning to go to 2.65 shortly.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Diagram says "Theory of Operation". We're not really sure how it works LOL

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Diagram says "Theory of Operation". We're not really sure how it works LOL
Well they could prob make it work if it wasnt a theory.

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
I'm currently running a 2.85/10% combo so am probably sitting right around 18psi. I only get the code near the top of 4th gear, which does make me think it could be max boost related.

Maybe I should replace with the Demon TMAPs instead since I'm planning to go to 2.65 shortly.
Demon sensor part number, dont know if it matches 18+ sensors.
image.jpg

OP
AMRCN HP

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
Found this which appears to confirm its the intermediate TMAP. I’ve already got one inbound, so may just replace and see if that takes care of it for now.

Attachments

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Good man. I'm always down for only replacing what broke.

OP
AMRCN HP

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
Good man. I'm always down for only replacing what broke.
Talked to Mike via email this morning; he's still using the Hellcat sensors on the shop car with a 2.65/10%. If it's good enough for him it's good enough for me.

Now that I know which sensor to replace I should be good - prolly just got a bad one.

Paul...