Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Our cars are heavy

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Who else is just scared that they can read Hickster's posts AND understand what he's sayin!???

Also do you have a special keyboard that matches your typing style? I bet it's awesome if you do:):giggle:
hickster knows his stuff. we down.

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
still full interior?
Sometimes I run with a passenger and back seats. Most of the time I take them out. Besides that, it does have everything else including factory carpet, dash, center console, door panels, roof liner, I even still have a functional sun roof. Lately I've been thinking it's time put this car on a serious diet though, only real way to go faster at this point for me.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Sometimes I run with a passenger and back seats. Most of the time I take them out. Besides that, it does have everything else including factory carpet, dash, center console, door panels, roof liner, I even still have a functional sun roof. Lately I've been thinking it's time put this car on a serious diet though, only real way to go faster at this point for me.
Just start with a hole saw:LOL: Take some pointers from that the 1320 that races in the MSHS:unsure:
20220917_093105.jpg

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
One is with and the other without me :)
Charger with leather and roof - Alpine not HK.
17s on the back, stock up front.
Scale is at Summit Raceway in Ohio at the Mopar event a few years ago.

Attachments

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’ll hook up the electric 😆
On the street I actually used the gas to help with weight transfer and "traction" (I use that word loosely) ;)

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
For me, weight reduction has been two steps forward and one step back. I’ve removed close to 700 lbs and then added at least 200 back. Roll cage, chute, passenger seat, fire suppression and a 10 gallon ice box add up. I still have the dash, door panels and factory carpeting so it’s not gutted looking. I’ll probably end up massaging another 40 lbs out of it over time but that’s about all I can see as possible without gutting it. The scales at Houston said race weight (me in it) was 4050. So… even in its stripped down “DragPak” form, it’s still no ballerina.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I was shocked when I realized that the HC weighed almost the same as my Silverado!

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Sorry,, butt tat ain't funny. I have had 3 my front ends placed into the ass end of sum shit head, sueing, driven SUVs. Suckass, Undesireable, Vnecked old bastard lukin fer a $25,000 pay day. Conversation today wit my driver, ALF jerks, and I explained watt the lawyers told me. Lawyers from my insurance company, jerks. Worked fer an insurance company while attending UT, Chattanooga snot Tampa. They ass plained to tits wing nutt tat written into my policy, state wide, is a pay off amount of, umm brellar, $25,000 to beez satteled with out groin two court. Dick heads, pay off, so tat is da is what dee 4,200 lbs will do fer ya. It want stop. I slammed on the brakes and hit 1st gear. No stopping at 18 mph. Too heavy.
I don't understand much of what you say, but that in no way means I disagree! You remind me of another loveable, yet difficult to understand character! :)

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #31
For me, weight reduction has been two steps forward and one step back. I’ve removed close to 700 lbs and then added at least 200 back. Roll cage, chute, passenger seat, fire suppression and a 10 gallon ice box add up. I still have the dash, door panels and factory carpeting so it’s not gutted looking. I’ll probably end up massaging another 40 lbs out of it over time but that’s about all I can see as possible without gutting it. The scales at Houston said race weight (me in it) was 4050. So… even in its stripped down “DragPak” form, it’s still no ballerina.
I've been hovering around 4400 lbs with me in it. I'd love to be able to get all the way down to 4000 lbs myself. We'll see in the coming months how close I can get without breaking the bank.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've been hovering around 4400 lbs with me in it. I'd love to be able to get all the way down to 4000 lbs myself. We'll see in the coming months how close I can get without breaking the bank.
My Charger was 4416 with a full tank of gas without me in it. I'm all stock. You guys should be much lighter.

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #33
how much do you have in the car, dollar-wise, if you don't mind my asking?
Hmmm, that's a tough one to answer because I haven't really kept track and this project has been going on for almost 7 years now. A couple years ago I think I spent over $1000 in belts alone when I was trying to spin a 4.5L Whipple faster than most. I'd get anywhere from 0-5 passes out of one and for a time it seemed like every other pass was a thrown or broken belt.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hay now,
Ize bean around lunger tan 7 ears,, left, right. Now & ten, ifster Linder cuun der stander da Hickstah, ten sum utters cun. No shine 2 nite butt tomorrow tits utter, well, tomorrow. If I did, and I do, have a weight dis cussing situse ation wit mize auto// I wood take a saw saz with the teeth from da unly ex wife of Hickstah and cut any thang. Even a saz oose fish befoe it went on the coals. Dun figurer er out. Next tweek groin to meat Rico La at da town home to intro the Lambo two dee the HC. Hmmm, lester sea watt happens?? May bee the 1970 Challenger wood cum out of hiber nations. Keep er listening.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I don't understand much of what you say, but that in no way means I disagree! You remind me of another loveable, yet difficult to understand character! :)

Best part of this whole show is the work song... Damn that is funny ... "my grandmother was dutch"

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
@zhc when you said axle in the video it triggered some weird ass PTSD in my brain...

:LOL:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

Love Gabby. He was my avatar for a good while.
1682737459579.jpeg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My Charger was 4416 with a full tank of gas without me in it. I'm all stock. You guys should be much lighter.
Wouldn't surprise me if some of these scales are off. My car in stock state with a full tank of gas would be somewhere around 4575. And that is based on our scale which could be off sometimes and why I weigh my car every time at the track. I do know for a race like the NMCA it would have to be accurate

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I will have to weigh mine in street trim next time I'm at the track not running

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Rememberize gas is 8.42 lbs a galune. You'll brain weighs 40 lbs. Full of shitster or snot. Tin youz got gas lines, radi iator, heavy bastard, beer belly- no snot youa''ll ifer. Dog. Nitrostorous tanks, coolant lines. Pleade take out da cooler. 3 gal at most fer fool stuff.