Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Okay, I admit I'm pretty impressed by the 2020 Corvette

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #41
I need 345s on the back of this car

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Yes the corners, but off the line too. Imagine HCs with those. And hard to tell, but i think they fit without addon flares...thats what I'm talkin about!
Well even with 345's the Hellcat still needs help :p
Helps to be a wad lighter and with that different weight distribution. That should be one fine auto, comparable with things that cost a bunch more.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I was thinking of buying a Charger Redeye ( not selling the Challenger ). I love the 4 door looks. Now I'm thinking of buying the C8 instead. I hate it when this shit happens.:unsure:

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
One thing the Tribe in power wants to erase from the Other Nations is the concept of loyalty.

Loyalty that transcends fads, Kim Kardashian's blue-mark-on-the-odometer ass, convenience, money, and advertising onslaughts.

I didn't buy my Hellcat because I'm some limp rich boy who found out they were kewl. I bought it because it is big, loud, fast, and MOPAR.

I wouldn't care if GM, Ford, Mitsubishi, Daihatsu, Lada, or whomever produced The Greatest Musclecar Ever. They are not my brand, and to them I will never be loyal.

The Corvette could lap Tsukuba in 45 seconds, cure male pattern baldness, restore Male Potency, and cure cancer. It's still a Chevrolet, and thus, tainted by not being a Mopar.

What Mopar needs to cultivate is loyalty. No one else is doing that anymore, EXCEPT Mopar. Ford could purchase some cojones and come out with a new Torino, Boss Nine, or even a Thunderbolt.

But, they aren't. They are fondling their quarterly profit reports and eliminating almost all cars from their lineup.

Two-part plan:
A) Tariff the Japs and everyone else back to the steam age.
B) Hang the EPA officials from a carbon-neutral old-growth tree.

And get the big, beautiful, American Sedan back on track.

Heck, Dodge's Sport Coupe is bigger than most rice-fed sedans.

I know, I know, people who lack testosterone start shrieking, breaking out in an allergy rash, and having a Triggered Moment when they have to back up in a huge-ass American sedan, but not everyone in the car market is a single mother with seventeen children from different sires.

Dodge needs to keep catering to the people who build worlds, aka men, and continue future generations of loyalists who have something to which to BE loyal.

Subaru actively caters to lesbians, especially with the Forester. How exciting are THEIR cars? Do you think there is any multi-generation loyalty happening there?
(hint: lesbians don't HAVE a future generation.)

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I was thinking of buying a Charger Redeye ( not selling the Challenger ). I love the 4 door looks. Now I'm thinking of buying the C8 instead. I hate it when this shit happens.:unsure:
Wish there was a Charger Redeye...

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Dodge needs to keep catering to the people who build worlds said:
I like this idea, what if a major car brand actively catered/marketed to red blooded men and I'll add, kick ass women? How successful would they be? I bet they would sell like crazy! Dodge is the only one that kinda does, I mean the adds for Chargers and Challengers are pretty awesome.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
What I like is that 315's will fit under stock fenders of a normal Hellcat with 11" wheels, if the proper offset is used. THAT I could live with.
I wouldn't mind a bit of tubbing out of the rear area to stuff 345's in, either. Just use the same offset as the 11" wheels on 13" wheels or whatever works with the 345's.

However, I think the floor pan is a large part of the engineered strength of the car, so it would be a heck of a project.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I had my heart set on the Charger RE as well...till FCA said naaaawww I don't think so...my black C8..will be in my garage mid April

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
You may laugh at this, but to me, the Dodge "Charger" with four doors is such a travesty of the Charger name that it shouldn't have a Redeye option.

Why couln't they have gone with a Belvedere or some such, a historically four-door-available car nameplate, instead?

Oh, right a bunch of Italian Loafers bought Chrysler, who have no love for Mopar, evidently.

What next, another front wheel drive Charger?

Anyone want to get together a consortium and buy Chrysler back?

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #52
I have seen nothing from Dodge saying the Redeye Charger is dead. If you have seen this, please point it out. Latest I have is a late 2020 introduction as a 2021 model.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I have seen nothing from Dodge saying the Redeye Charger is dead. If you have seen this, please point it out. Latest I have is a late 2020 introduction as a 2021 model.
Months ago my dealer told me ...not gonna happen...I'm gonna be 67 in 6 wks...at my age...its the bird in the hand syndrome...with a little luck..ill be squeezing out birthday cake farts on my C8 seats...If RE comes out in 21..will re evaluate...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You may laugh at this, but to me, the Dodge "Charger" with four doors is such a travesty of the Charger name that it shouldn't have a Redeye option.

Why couln't they have gone with a Belvedere or some such, a historically four-door-available car nameplate, instead?

Oh, right a bunch of Italian Loafers bought Chrysler, who have no love for Mopar, evidently.

What next, another front wheel drive Charger?

Anyone want to get together a consortium and buy Chrysler back?
Where was your righteous indignation when those funny little 4 cyl 80's hatchbacks were called chargers

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
Haha, I wrote Bob Lutz, pointing out that Ford and GM both had rear-drive V8 pony cars or muscle cars, and Chrysler did not. I also told him "You should bring back the Barracuda, and give it a V8, maybe a 360 or a small-block Hemi." in 1992 or so. I also said to definitely "produce the irrational-lust-inducing Dodge Viper GTS." Which was just a prototype back then. (They were producing the fairly ugly ragtop, but the hardtop GTS was and is still in a completely different league.)

He sent the letter back stamped "Read by Bob Lutz" on every page.

So, you are looking at the father of very cars you are now admiring.

God, I wish I kept that letter.

What have YOU done for Mopar in the last 30 years?

Yeah, this actually happened. You are looking at the father of the new Dodge Challenger AND the small-block Hemi that powers it.

I will say that again. You are looking at the father of the new Dodge Challenger AND the small-block Hemi that powers it.

One of his office underlings wrote a response that "you will be pleased/interested/fascinated (not sure which) with the upcoming Chrysler products."

It took them sixteen YEARS to finally get the Challenger on the road.

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Haha, I wrote Bob Lutz, pointing out that Ford and GM both had rear-drive V8 pony cars or muscle cars, and Chrysler did not. I also told him "You should bring back the Barracuda, and give it a small block Hemi." in 1992 or so. I also said to definitely "produce the irrational-lust-inducing Dodge Viper GTS." Which was just a prototype back then. (They were producing the fairly ugly ragtop, but the hardtop GTS was and is still in a completely different league.)

He sent the letter back stamped "Read by Bob Lutz" on every page.

So, you are looking at the father of very cars you are now admiring.

God, I wish I kept that letter.

What have YOU done for Mopar in the last 30 years?

Yeah, this actually happened. You are looking at the father of the new Dodge Challenger AND the small-block Hemi that powers it.
LMAO...what have I done for Mopar in the last 30 years?...hmmmm..lets see bought 2 of their vipers..1 prowler..a HC..a Demon...(all of which I still have)..and lets not leave out the eleven pickups...so as a father...your letters are nothing more than sperm donations...I HELPED PAY THEIR BILLS FOR OVER 30 years...lmao

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
:D I'm not paying any child support. Talk to my lawyers.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
:D I'm not paying any child support. Talk to my lawyers.
hey...I've adopted enough of your kids already...lol

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Lot cheaper and easier to put 12-13" wide rears on a WB with 345's today.