Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Okay, I admit I'm pretty impressed by the 2020 Corvette

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
And just changing the material of the exhaust will change the sound..like Titanium. ..vs Stainless Steel

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You asked lol.
Tbh all of your vast experience has you tainted. Your perspective is completely different than us mere mortals because you're used to lumpy cams and custom trick exhausts. Hard to compare custom aftermarket to EPA emissions approved mass produced stock. Apples to apples there’s def no better stock exhaust sound yet imo.
Gotta agree...stock systems..as far as sound quality...cant beat SRT offerings

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I never asked the details of your order. What package, color, and your current status. Mine still has not been picked up so I won't see it til after summer I am sure. :(
Its black...black/red interior,Z51,level 2 int package...black wheels...and other things I just cant remember...listed right at 90 I think

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Its black...black/red interior,Z51,level 2 int package...black wheels...and other things I just cant remember...listed right at 90 I think
mine was the 2nd order at WNY's largest Bowtie dealer..it will be an early delivery..(so i'm told...I've heard that before)...but the engines are built right here in Buffalo..and they are light years behind schedule...and as always the dealers are clueless

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Great choice! Hopefully yours arrives earlier than later.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #26
And just changing the material of the exhaust will change the sound..like Titanium. ..vs Stainless Steel
Marginally, yes, but the actual geometries have more of an effect on the sound.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I started a long-winded response on my phone and stopped. Valve events (like overlap) will have more bearing on sound (chop) than anything. As stated emissions compliant cams (even with VVT) cannot come close to anything from the aftermarket in this regard.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Is it wrong for me to think the exhaust note on a Hellcat is good but still pretty mediocre? I get that a stock cam, manifolds, cats, resonators, active valves, and mufflers are not a fair comparison to a custom cam, headers, and cambered mufflers.

But, if I want auditory overload I start my wagon.
Your not wrong but for stock exhaust sound nothing beats a Hellcat. I have the AFE race exhaust sitting in my garage. I don't know when I will be installing it as I want to get some better 100% stock ETs next season before I put it on. You are welcome to come and hear it when I install it. It deletes the actuators, mufflers and resonators. 3" STST and uses stock tips. I think it will be really loud and agressive Price is really good too.
https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-3...3-304-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system

Aggressive Exhaust Note:
This system eliminates the muffler and exhaust valves (mounts for valve motor included) for improved exhaust flow and an aggressive exhaust note.

Incorporated X-Pipe and Crossover Balance Tube:
Designed to equalize and evenly distribute exhaust pulses reducing drone, improving sound.

304 Stainless Steel Construction:
This exhaust system is constructed of 3" mandrel-bent, 304 stainless steel tubing for maximum flow and corrosion resistance. Outlasts and outflows factory exhaust.

Simple, Hassle Free Installation:
This system has been 100% CAD designed to factory tolerances for a direct bolt-on fitment and retains the factory exhaust tips for a stock appearance. Hardware included for a hassle-free installation.

MIG-Welded:
100% MIG-welded for life long strength and durability.

Race Disclaimer:
This is a Race Only product that is to be used solely for competition, it cannot be used on vehicles that are operated on public streets, roads or highways. Its use is limited to closed-course and open-course racing that is formally sanctioned by a recognized racing organization. Any other use, including recreational off-road use, could be in violation of local, state and federal laws. To complete the purchase of this item, aFe Power competition acknowledgement/liability release form must be filled out and submitted.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Your not wrong but for stock exhaust sound nothing beats a Hellcat. I have the AFE race exhaust sitting in my garage. I don't know when I will be installing it as I want to get some better 100% stock ETs next season before I put it on. You are welcome to come and hear it when I install it. It deletes the actuators, mufflers and resonators. 3" STST and uses stock tips. I think it will be really loud and agressive Price is really good too.
https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-3...3-304-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system
Yup, I remember going through that discussion about that system a few months back. I never bought it simply because it didn't meet my needs. The trouble is while it will be louder, it doesn't change the elements that make for a true auditory sycophony that is inherently absent from modern engines. The Ram Air Ponchos, street HEMIs, and DZ 302s of the world obviously weren't as constrained as we are today and sound better; and most folks only know what they know and the GT500, NPP exhaust ZL1 Camaro's, and Hellcats all kinda sound the same (it's the absence of overlap) with very little to distinguish them from each other.

My Procharged TBSS has a LS2 (6.0L) with a LS9 cam, 1-7/8" headers, high flow cats, 3" duals, and a straight through Magnaflow x-pipe muffler - and it just sounds flat like a Hellcat after it warms up. This is the affliction the C8 has, that every late-model car has - until you swap the cam.

A cam changes everything, and then you can (are forced?) to tune the exhaust.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I think the European sports car manufacturers are shitting bricks over the C8. The vette has been a supreme dollar value compared to high end sports cars for several years IMO. And it looks like the new platform is going to emphasize it even more. Although I would love to have seen them built two platforms for a few years. both front and rear engine flavor why not if your already tooled up.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #31
I love hellcat sound, but I have to admit that I like the exhaust on my SC GTO better. SC 6.0 LS2 (stock internals), stainless headers, resonator deleted and replaced with an x pipe, mufflers replaced with race bullets. Have always gotten compliments on it. Had a guy in a company delivery truck in Houston once push his way through a horrendous traffic jam to ask if the exhaust was "stock" lol

EDIT: Race bullets isn't really right - call it tuned glass packs: straight through with some partitioned pack material around the periphery. At maximum gas flow the partitions set up a self-reinforcing resonance in the flow that channels the gases through as though it is a pure straight pipe. Pretty impressive flow numbers.

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I love hellcat sound, but I have to admit that I like the exhaust on my SC GTO better. SC 6.0 LS2 (stock internals), stainless headers, resonator deleted and replaced with an x pipe, mufflers replaced with race bullets. Have always gotten compliments on it. Had a guy in a company delivery truck in Houston once push his way through a horrendous traffic jam to ask if the exhaust was "stock" lol
When the sound is good...its like music..loud just to be loud..can be annoying..some modded 911 turbos are the worst..along with a lot of tuners cars...I have two vipers with stock exhaust the 10 cyl viper motor just doesn't have that sweet sound..my friends viper with a Borla system is worse...a guy down the street has a backdraft cobra 427...now that's a very loud symphony...just my .02

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Not sure about best, but the small displacement Asian cars with a fart pipe are the absolute worst.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
No way an original Hemi car or stock Pontiac of any kind sounds as good as my Hellcat at idle or WOT...let alone a 302 Camaro Z28! My 383 RoadRunner sounded better than a Z28! I am completely blown away by the sounds coming from my Hellcat. IMO, other than for serious racing, there is no improvement necessary!

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
I think it's great for the Corvette team to finally go mid-engine, a dream of Zora back in the 60's. The numbers are still early media/press cars vs real world, and the sub $60k price is just a starting point for the 2020's. GM seems to following Porsches pricing plan. Hopefully there will some actual owner cars at Sebring by March. Me? Just watching those C7 Z and Grandsport prices drop. Hmmm....

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I think it's great for the Corvette team to finally go mid-engine, a dream of Zora back in the 60's. The numbers are still early media/press cars vs real world, and the sub $60k price is just a starting point for the 2020's. GM seems to following Porsches pricing plan. Hopefully there will some actual owner cars at Sebring by March. Me? Just watching those C7 Z and Grandsport prices drop. Hmmm....
I know of one local dealer that will not take a C7 on trade for the C8....that should tell you something

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
No way an original Hemi car or stock Pontiac of any kind sounds as good as my Hellcat at idle or WOT...let alone a 302 Camaro Z28! My 383 RoadRunner sounded better than a Z28! I am completely blown away by the sounds coming from my Hellcat. IMO, other than for serious racing, there is no improvement necessary!
don't drive my HC every day...the stock exhaust...with the LMI..and the versatility of the M6..I might as well be conducting an orchestra ...its then when I find the radio annoying

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Did you see the rubber under the Z06??

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 5.40.02 AM.png

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Did you see the rubber under the Z06??

View attachment 10196
Those are going to torque your neck off in corners. Looks like 345's or maybe even those 355 series 19" diameter tires. Big, even up front.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Those are going to torque your neck off in corners. Looks like 345's or maybe even those 355 series 19" diameter tires. Big, even up front.
Yes the corners, but off the line too. Imagine HCs with those. And hard to tell, but i think they fit without addon flares...thats what I'm talkin about!